really pissed off my competitor today

G

I mainly laugh at other cleaners. I especially like it when Get calls from someone that says; Chem Dry just left here My carpet smells like a sewer!!

everfresh1

Name
Jamie Cohen
rjfdube said:
I mainly laugh at other cleaners. I especially like it when Get calls from someone that says; Chem Dry just left here My carpet smells like a sewer!!

:lol: It must have been one of Szuba's boy's

MicahR

Name
Micah Richardson
40 carpet cleaners? Billings only has about 20.

If Gary only knew how many cleaners his "tact" has touched locally. In fact there is an unofficial We love Gary "The Douche Bag" Carson fanclub right here in our little ol' town.

I just got a call from the guy he pissed off today asking if he could join :lol:

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
Its gotta be more than 20. How many went under this year?

Can I join the douchebag club?

I would love a chance to regularly see Brice, Andy, CBM, VIP, Stanley Steemer, Spar-Kleen, what's left of Crystal Clean, and whoever else joined and didn't tell me.

At least I know AAAA Carpet Cleaning likes me. I just sent him a gift card to the Windmill for the commercial work he sent me.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
Notice on that flyer, the guy was charging 30cents/sf just to prespray(20cents/sf) and groom (10 cents/sf)!
Between guys like this and Rug Dr I'd like to piss em off every day of the week.
Funny thing is, they survive year after year when good cleaners go T U

packfancjh

Name
Chris Hagen
B&BGaryC said:
At least I know AAAA Carpet Cleaning likes me. I just sent him a gift card to the Windmill for the commercial work he sent me.

They ran an outfit here for a while. Nice guys. Never understood why they focused on 2 areas with smaller populations.

Doug D

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Dimick
MicahR said:
40 carpet cleaners? Billings only has about 20. :lol:

Are you serious?? :shock: Spearfish has 6 alone!! 13 in the northern Black Hills with a population of approximately 40,000!! :roll: Slowly stealing potential customers from my competitors one Stay Beautiful program at a time!!! :D

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
The way I look at it my biggest competitor is me. I could make my business much better or worse than anyone else ever could. I do have a little competitive sprit but it’s all in fun. If a competitor took one of my accounts I might want to know why yes, but I wouldn’t lose any sleep over it because that’s just life in the city. If that competitor called me a hack to my face like Gary did I would gut him where he was standing.

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
I didn't call him a hack, because he's not. He just does the best job he can for seventy bucks on a two room apt or 99 bucks for a sofa/love/chair/otto. He is by no means a menace like the hacks that charge for prespray or soak carpets for five days. And he's been doing it long enough to probably be as good or better than me if he charged enough to spend the time to do it better and put some money into a better wand and a greenie setup.

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
To every last damned member of this friggen board:

EAT A DICK!!!!!

Now that I've gotten that out of the way:

Dude told me none of my business what he charged, jacked my pressure and got pissed because I took his account because I am a better cleaner and because I bend over backwards to get the job done for them.

I asked him if he wanted me to keep sending him referrals who thought I was too expensive because he charges close to half what I do and he said no. When I told him the company picked me because my work was better he told me to kiss his ass.

You don't have to be a hack or a disgrace or a scumbag to get shown up by a high heat, high flow cleaner with some fans and a careful technique. Dude just isn't enlightened about the newschool techniques, therefore my traffic lanes are cleaner and the carpet dries faster plus I charge more so I can afford to hang around and take out red spots etc.

The only thing growing is all your freakin boners when you think you have me pinned. I can't say one damn thing on this friggen board without all you pompus blowhards blowing it all out of proportion.

In summation:

EAT A DICK!!!!!

Respectfully,
GC

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
My girl is housesitting. I am watching a movie with her on the big screen. Some zoro thing. So I'm tweeking on my crackberry. Had a crummy day. One of my regular custies closed her account on me for a big cleaning and is avoiding my phone call.

Kinda getting tired of this fiasco and the mentality of this stupid board and how you all have to physically climb up my ass every time I do or say something you wouldn't do and how it has to get blown out of proportion into some ever growing drama

Able 1

Name
Keith
Gary just save your money for a TM you will do great! You do alot more then I do for my own biz, and with your age and drive it would be stupid( I'm not calling you stupid,but you can do it) not to go on your own JMO. I wish I would have started my biz when I was your age.

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
Thank you for the compliment. I needed that. This past few weeks has been rough.

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
so what paragraph in the bible does it say to eat a dick....Hippocrate!!!!! you preach the bible yet use those harsh words..loser, and yes you are a dick

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
I was waiting for that.

Put some mustard on yours. It'll be alright.

Doug D

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Dimick
Geez Gary, lighten up!! :roll: You of all people should know that this board is one bad assed board and that you may not find that a lot of people agree with you. :mrgreen:

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
I know this board kicks butt. And I love you all. Even dave gill....

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
Unwritten rules of carpet cleaner manners:

1. The first time you meet a competitor, find something to genuinely compliment him on. Nothing phoney.

2. NEVER ask him how much he charges for anything until either he tells you or you know him well enough that you know the name of his spouse and kids.

3. Never comment on the quality of his work or negative things custys may have said about him...unless it's positive.

4. Don't criticize his rig and/or equipment. DO offer suggestions that might make his stuff better, but don't be pushy. Offering to let him try your stuff, and asking to try some cool toy he has are okay if he seems receptive.

5. Give him your card, ask for his, and let him know if you can help him out in any way (borrowing squipment or tool when down, doing the rest of the jobs scheduled that day when you have a major breakdown, covering when sick or on vacation, etc.) you would be happy to and possibly he will do the same for you.

Every competitor I ever met became either a friend or an amiable acquaintance. There were times when we saved each other's asses. I can remember calling another cleaner when my TM broke down on a job after I had pre-sprayed, but only cleaned half a room. It was a major valvetrain problem and the truck was going to be in the shop for a couple days. Competitor finished the job he was on, ran over, sucked out the pre-spray and finished the job for me and the rest that were on schedule that day, took the jobs I had scheduled the next couple days that could not reschedule and refused to take the money. In return, when he went on vacation, I took his urgent custys and did them and handed him the money. he moved from my area down to San Diego area and we lost touch.

Take care,
Lisa

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
Wow lisa... You really do have impressive tact. Everybody jumping on me and calling me a jerk and a douche only made me get pissed and try to reinforce that I was right.

However lisa didn't call me a douche or a jerk but she effectively communicated that to me. I definetly went into the whole conversation with the idea in my head that I was better than this guy.

I just get pissed off when people charge 15cents/foot on residential. It only hurts the industry. (I figured out what he charged through other sources after we had our talk) anyway, it must not be killing him because he just bought a new truckmount.

So, that's that. I'm no better than him, he just has a different business model. It still gets my goat that he charges such a low price. But that's no reason to act all puffed up and superior when talking to him.

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
ok guys...lets all go to church and study the bible..i even remember you saying something about
being so stressed out because you had not had much time to read your bible or some shit like
that...you say you are such a good person that you council others and yet you tell people
on a public forum to "go eat a dick"...what a guy that is true to what he preaches...
loser..see i was not the one cought sucking some momrons dick or letting him suck mine..
whatever your deal was so i dont eat dicks..figure out who you really are and stick
to it loser..then you wont be a loser you will just be a goofy jackass..
jackass

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
You waited a while for that dave. I figured you were patient I ought to give it to you.

Dude...

I am DJing a traditional native wedding. Not only am I being baraged with requests for music I don't have. To top it off I have no idea what was in that tea but now I'm sick to my stomach and feel loopy.

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
Way to man up Gary and I agree Lisa is a very effective communicator. Made me regret my post to you. Hope this was a good experience for you and wish I had had them more when I was younger :-)

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
B&BGaryC said:
You waited a while for that dave. I figured you were patient I ought to give it to you.

i didnt wait for anything, i actually have a business to run and dont spend every free second i have here..
it is called a life, you should get one..it makes the time go by faster

Mikey P

Administrator
i didnt wait for anything, i actually have a business to run and dont spend every free second i have here..
it is called a life, you should get one..it makes the time go by faster

Hey ! Now you've offended me Gill!

Go eat a dick!

jesus, Gary, how can you type that and not feel like a complete retard?

Back
Top Bottom