PSI?

No thats not too much you could even turn it up some more if you have a glide...if you don't have one then you should definitly get one....I'm using 700psi with my Green Horn wand on the nasties and it works great and carpets aren't too dirty.... 8)

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Sticky said:
No thats not too much you could even turn it up some more if you have a glide...if you don't have one then you should definitly get one...

don't automatically assume that, Brother.
You don't know what wand he uses or what it's hooked to.

500 is too much PSI for straight 2 jet wands with or with out a glide

..L.T.A.

I have a greenhorn. Run anywhere from 300 residential to 700 on commercial. I really do not worry about what its set at. I look at how its cleaning. I will tell my guy, please turn the psi up 50 or 100 points, or turn it down. Its all about cleaning well and drying quick. Ron

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
IMO..it is a balance......if you are going to put it down at a high PSI.....you have to have what it takes to recover it at the other end of the hose sitting outside....

DavidVB

Pressure drops substantially in 1/4 inch hose. Factor in your hose run if you get out very far or if you use a live reel. GPM is just as important to know also.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
juniorc82 said:
However in my manual for the cct iicrc cert. it says never to exceed 4-450 psi
The manual was written before glides and greenhorns.

I wouldn't go over 400 with a conventional wand, ie jets pointing straight at carpet, even with a glide.

With a greenhorn (angled jets 10flow), and a holed glide, I've had it up to 700psi and it seemed to recover very well. My average pressure is 500. My stairtool valve gets too hard to pull much over 500.

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
Carpet, 600 most of the time, greenie improved prochem quadjet. Stair tool I set to 450 or so. Greenglide on Stair tool. Nasties on Carpet, its up to 700 to 750. I had my meter set once at 1000 psi and still cleaned up and dried in 2 hours.. The key is in jet sizing and flow. I run 12 flow with 4 03's. This gives me about 1.9 gpm flow. Calculated out.. when I was flushing with 1000 at the machine it would be equivilant to about 500 ish impact at the carpet. There was a whole thread on hear a while back that provided a nifty chart for flow and pressure. If you know your gpm flow and your flow size you could work backwards to the real pressure hitting the carpet. The pressure gauge provides a relative measurement not an actual pressure guauge.

Rarely any(no lie), 2'' hose,16hg, Ti wand with GG hybrid , customer yesterday commented how dry the carpet felt after I cleaned it.....in FLORIDA.

Key is you gotta suck up what you put down, at any pressure...2 dry strokes bro.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
900 ATM...once keyed it drops to about 700...

tried it lower, felt like i was pissin on the carpet...

carpet type and all the other factors that go into drying. alot of my carpets are almost dry when i leave..(to the touch not the meter i am sure)

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
I clean at about 300. I would imagine it would depend on your vacuum how high you can go. However in my manual for the cct iicrc cert. it says never to exceed 4-450 psi
I don't believe that's in the S100 Standards, Jon. As Uncle Larry said, there are too many variables in wands and machines to narrow the number that closely.

That said, I'd probably would have made that statement myself at one time.

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
C Pennington said:
Rarely any(no lie), 2'' hose,16hg, Ti wand with GG hybrid , customer yesterday commented how dry the carpet felt after I cleaned it.....in FLORIDA.

Key is you gotta suck up what you put down, at any pressure...2 dry strokes bro.

I'm in complete agreement with Curtis. I run 650-700 psi on my Ti wand with 18 flow, 2" hose with 4 to the van door. 1 to 2 hour dry times. No callbacks/wickbacks just very happy custys. I think Doug's been reading too many ChemDry ads.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom