Pricing question

Mikey P

Administrator
I've never been an apartment guy but this 130 unit complex called. I'm feeling the Yelp hit so I went and took a look.

They allow pets but replace the carpet if damaged.
3 story buildings, no steps in units
Currently paying 95 to 125 but not happy with the results
Access is decent, nothing over 200 ft

What's you price on each floor plan for a do what ever it takes cleaning?

IMG_20190522_110004.jpgIMG_20190522_105939.jpgIMG_20190522_110101.jpgIMG_20190522_110129.jpg

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Most apartments I do with a portable. $120 for 1-bedroom, $155 for 2, $200 for 3-bedroom. I would charge more for using the truck. Privately owned apts are $150, even if it's just one room.

Reactions: Mikey P

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
You want to get the hallway and stairs cleaning. I have 3 rental building in one complex where I give the above prices. I get the hallways once a year for $650 per building. Takes 2 hours with a helper, 4 hours on my own.

Mikey P

Administrator
Are only the BRs carpeted?
Is it only carpets you’re cleaning?
Yes only carpet.

they are switching from typical flat sheet vinyl to a textured wood grain vinyl product that I told him in some cases their housekeepers will have a hard time dealing with and that I would be willing to steam clean them but those are all new and not to be included in the flat rate pricing.

Also there carpet stored does the patching and repair

Reactions: Living The Dream

Mikey P

Administrator
You want to get the hallway and stairs cleaning. I have 3 rental building in one complex where I give the above prices. I get the hallways once a year for $650 per building. Takes 2 hours with a helper, 4 hours on my own.

Does not exist here, all out side access

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
3 years ago we had a newer complex ask us for a bid. Same scenario, not happy with current cleaners.
We walked the property, gave a very competitive bid and heard crickets. They wouldn't even respond to email or calls.
Would have been a good client the manager 4 large properties.

Went with the cheapest, even though they said price wasn't a factor when asking for a quote.

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
Commercial rates.26 per sqft. $3per stair $30 per gallon of urine treatment, .10 deodorizer. $50 per patch or dye.

Last edited:
Name
Lee Stockwell
I do a good bit of apartment work, but have been eliminating the price gap from "normal" jobs.

Usually more abused, shorter notice, slower paying.

Why discount for that? I have a satisfaction guaranteed, no extra charges policy. I prefer owner managed units.

J

JS41035

2-3 rooms of empty vacuumed carpet? 96-126 $
Seriously if they are already paying 95 for 2 rooms, they are already in the top percentage of apartment complexes. You may have a different market though. For apartment guys that’s banging money. For you? Meh, your gonna hate life doing a 2 room minimum on the third floor. Or they will just give you the trashed ones and have 45 buck a unit porty guy do the easy ones.

Doug Rice

Supportive Member
Buy one of Larry's Super Portables, they really do have some powerful suck. Just place a couple of air movers on the job when your done.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
I have the mobile home market all to myself.
No stairs and $49.95 ea. That works out to 50 cent a sq ft.

ALL DEY LONG !

Reactions: DAT and Cleanworks

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
2-3 rooms of empty vacuumed carpet? 96-126 $
Seriously if they are already paying 95 for 2 rooms, they are already in the top percentage of apartment complexes. You may have a different market though. For apartment guys that’s banging money. For you? Meh, your gonna hate life doing a 2 room minimum on the third floor. Or they will just give you the trashed ones and have 45 buck a unit porty guy do the easy ones.
I have a customer like that. For years they would only give me the difficult jobs. Eventually the company they were using went out of business. No kidding! Found out they were charging $55 for a fully carpeted 1 bedroom unit and $65 for a 2. They leave it up to their building mgrs to choose the carpet cleaner. I have 5 or 6 of their complexes and the others are using whoever. I don't make a lot doing the individual units but I make it up when I do the common hallways. All of these buildings have elevators so using a portable is easy. I have the mgrs trained to vacuum and most of the carpets are in good shape. Only occasionally do I get a really bad one. 1 bedroom units take 45 minutes to an hour and 2's take 1-1.5 hours.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
In my apartment days back around 95 I did them for $50 a piece jst starting out. Average 40 min. to do one. Castrol superclean in a 3 gallon pump up sprayer. Used clorox in the olefin ones to remove stains.

Apartments suck

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
The cfx has powerful vacuums but the downfall has been having to hook up to a water supply. Not always available. Most are using tap pressure, I believe they have units with 250-500 psi pumps available. They will be heavier units. You might better off looking at some type of fresh water tank for your 370. For me any building without an elevator is done with a TM. If they have an elevator, I will roll my high performance portable in and go to town. I have a job in a house Friday, cleaning a mattress where I have to use a portable. All of the outside water is turned off. The room where the shut offs are is locked and they do the have a code. There is not a single Faucet in the house where I can attach a tap adapter. I only have a laundry sink where I can put a 5 gallon bucket. I run into this more and more these days. Hooking up to an interior tap is getting difficult.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom