Pricing question

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
A portable should only be used as a last resort.
I had to do one today or walk away from $250. 2-bedroom townhouse. If I had parking, I could have done it with the truck mount. Just couldn't get close enough. I used my mytee speedster. Not as powerful as my big portable but goes up and down stairs easily. Had to go up about 30 concrete stairs. Still got it done in 1.5 hours.

Mikey P

Administrator
These "luxury units" have very little turnover so they say, so that I wouldn't expect more than one or two a month so I priced them accordingly along with a minty-fresh breath sales pitch, we'll see

Reactions: Old Coastie

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
These "luxury units" have very little turnover so they say, so that I wouldn't expect more than one or two a month so I priced them accordingly along with a minty-fresh breath sales pitch, we'll see
Come on, share. What do you plan to charge? We're all on the edge of our seats.

Reactions: Mikey P

Old Coastie

Supportive Member
Name
Stephen
As well as the the water from the waste tank and into the motors if not designed right. Its happened b4 with the CFX

Yup. Any foam and it goes out the stacks. In fact I use a 15’ length of 2” to make sure it doesn't go anywhere but outside. Also acts as a muffler. But the bigger tank will do a lot to prevent foam ingestion.

SamIam

Name
sam miller
Most apartments I do with a portable. $120 for 1-bedroom, $155 for 2, $200 for 3-bedroom. I would charge more for using the truck. Privately owned apts are $150, even if it's just one room.
Your in Canada and pay $3.00 a liter of gas or closer to $7 a gallon so there’s that

Reactions: Cleanworks

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
You almost have to shrink you area. Travel to and from is killer
Yeah, i am a lot more aware of rush hour directions. Jobs further out we try to book at least a week out so we can try to schedule more work in the area. Raised my area rug rates. Raised my in home prices a little. Our customers are all too aware of the outrageous gas prices so they understand.

Reactions: SamIam

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Unit C is 737sf of carpet..

You'll do that for 150?

Well... I typically get 40 cents per square foot...

One apt complex is on old rates of 36 cents per square foot...

And I would also need to charge tax on that too...

Screenshot_20190524-204359_Calculator.jpgScreenshot_20190524-204334_Calculator.jpg

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
How much is health care?
It's always hard to judge because we pay it with our income tax. Every province is different. Some have higher tax rates and no premiums and others stick with you with additional premiums. Until lately, I was paying just $100 per month for a single person. Our government is going to change that and stick the employer with the bill. I also pay privately for extended health from blue cross. It gives me some dental, eyewear and pharmaceutical help. For my wife and I, I think it's about $125 per month.

Reactions: Papa John

SamIam

Name
sam miller
Yes only carpet.

they are switching from typical flat sheet vinyl to a textured wood grain vinyl product that I told him in some cases their housekeepers will have a hard time dealing with and that I would be willing to steam clean them but those are all new and not to be included in the flat rate pricing.

Also there carpet stored does the patching and repair
Obviously you don’t do patching or repairs

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Using that new CFX with better vac motors might work.
Get a water otter and draw from the tub
Park the CFX and the otter in the bathroom so it can autodump into the toilet

Reactions: Mikey P

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom