Praise the Lord for "KOOLGLIDE"

timlakeman

Bought mine last week and used it for the first time today.
The carpet was a short loop pile in poly prop (probably the worst to work with). the client had burned the carpet by trying to get wax out using an iron and piece of paper. The carpet had a pattern so was fairly easy to cut the donor to the correct size. Unfortunately the carpet had been stretched uneavenly so the donor would not fit squarely.
I first bonded one end in using the KOOLGLIDE. I waited a few minutes before starting down the length while using the knee kick. Each time I would wait until the last piece was fully bonded.
This job, which in normal circumstances with old methods would have been a nightmare, turned out to be thoroughly enjoyable.
[attachment=1:12d9cvug]13082008.jpg[/attachment:12d9cvug]
[attachment=0:12d9cvug]13082008(001).jpg[/attachment:12d9cvug]

The funniest thing about this job is that I got a call from this same client at about 7.00pm tonight. When she mentioned the carpet my first thought was "Oh no what have I done?"
She told me she was ironing (this is 2 hours after I'd done the job!) and she'd placed the iron on the carpet in the bedroom(yes blond.. and French). So I'm doing another repair tomorrow.

P.S. Sorry about size of pics. Will reduce next time!

Stevea

Tim,

Great example and very nice experience to share with all of us. Got to love the iron burns!

SA

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom