Postcards

davep105

Name
Dave Pires
I am sending my current customers out marketing material. I want to get a postcard program going. I want to target some high income houses in my area. I want to get something on cd that I can customize and print out. Wanted to know if anyone could suggest any marketing postcard software that they have used.

danpauselius

If you are going to target the higher income homes, don't do a DIY print job. Spend the extra money and have a really nice, high gloss, full color postcard printed up.

Check out www.postcardmania.com

best combination of price, service and quality I could find.

davep105

Name
Dave Pires
I want to send my current customers postcards too. I think something that has thank you cards, reminders, and all different marketing ideas. I'm starting off kind of small but I want to be consistent with it, and let it grow slowly.

danpauselius

DIY may be OK for staying in contact with people that are already familiar with your company, but you only get one chance to make a first impression.

I assume you are going to be charging a good amount of money if you want the high end market. Who would you EXPECT to pay more, a guy who rolls up to your house in a ratty nasty pick up truck with a lawn mower in the back OR a professional landscaping firm that shows up in uniform with nice new, clean, lettered trucks and top of the line equipment.

I'm not saying that you are the low end guy, not at all. I'm just saying that every detail of what you do in your business will either directly or indirectly effect the amount you can charge a client before they fail to see the VALUE of your services.

However, if you can only afford the DIY type of postcards, I would suggest using them to establish a more middle-income group of clients and put enough money aside to get high end postcards printed. Once a high end client sees your name for the first time, you will be stuck with that impression for a long time.

GRHeacock

Send postcards to prior customers, not potential customers. Send them a 1st class stamped letter. Hand written address, or a nice font printed.

People with money are not the same as you are. They have different values and think differently.

Inside the envelope, have a nice letter introducing yourself, and what you can do for them.

A flier is something they toss without reading it.

Include a business card- no magnets.

No discounts or free rooms.

A picture of yourself, and your truck goes further than no picture. They do not want Mr. Scruffy Cleaner in their driveway, much less in their house.

Dress nicely- nice shirt and long pants. No T-shirt or shorts. Nice shoes.

Consider this- looking at yourself in the mirror, ask the image if you would hire you looking the way you are?

Image is VERY important. The car they drive, the condition of their yard, the clothes they wear, the age and condition of their furnishings is important to the people, and the image of those who service their goods is also important.

People who spend $500,000 on their furnishings are not interested in a big discount, or free rooms. They paid top dollar for their furnishings, and want the best person to care for them.

The best route in, in my opinion, is through referrals from interior designers. Work on them too.

One interior designer can send you dozens of high end customers, and you go in without competition.

Mrs. Piffelton calls me and says- "Mr. Pooftie, the designer who designed my furnishings told me to not let anybody except Gary Heacock to clean them."

No competition that way.

Gary

captaincarpet

Name
Thomas Cermak
www.Axisflyers.com

5,000 4X6 Full color both sides high gloss uv coated postcards
$189.25 delivered

That is over $200.00 less... than postcardmania and is 4 color on
FRONT and BACK sides and glossy on FRONT and BACK .
I've purchased 20,000 from them over the last 9 months and they are very good quality, good service, and a GREAT price.

We found that we cannot purchase the post card stock and the ink to print them nearly as cheaply as to get it done professionally by Axisflyers ...
not to mention the time involved in feeding the printer, wear & tear on printer, and the professional ones look way better than our color laser printer could ever do! IMHO

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
High end client are likely to pick their in home services by referral only.

Capitalize on the fact that high end clients like to brag, have parties and contact their friend by E-mail more than other income clients.

When you get one high end client leap frog it into multiple client from their friends.

They can be extremely loyal customers because they won't drop you based on price.

They want a service provider that they can trust to simply do the job right and they can trust to be unsupervised in their home.

Jeremy

Name
Jeremy
Captian carpet that's twice as high as gotprint.com

Great cards cheap.

captaincarpet

Name
Thomas Cermak
The price is for full color BOTH sides, not 1 side so it is NOT twice the price.... the 99.00 special is color 1 side at gotprint and also does NOT include shipping... ( delivered means inc. shipping)

I was saying that is was less than half the price of postcardmania and was

FULL COLOR AND GLOSSY BOTH SIDES... bold print, capitals, and underlined on my previous post and you still missed it......

I stated full color and gloss both sides twice in the post

please read the complete post before you correct me

and compare like products... and full price, Axis is only $150.00 before shipping...BOTH SIDES COLOR and BOTH SIDES GLOSSY

IMHO

Jeremy

Name
Jeremy
Please excuse the living shit out of me for not hanging on your every freaking word & inadvertently offending your tender sense of perfection. I was just trying to save you some $ & you went from 0 to pissy in 2.1 seconds. My bad.

captaincarpet

Name
Thomas Cermak
I did not swear...or get pissy, I was trying to get you to see that there were differences between the two...that I had already posted....
so since saying something clearly twice did not work... I said it 3 times...
sorry if you took that wrong... Having a bad day?

And sorry for being a perfectionist, but if that offends you, then you must have a real hard time with a lot of people on this board.

captaincarpet

Name
Thomas Cermak
LOL

I Did not mean to piss in your Wheaties...
I was really just trying to give an accurate comparison & save some money for other people, I did the same research just a few months ago.

Tom

Blue Monarch

Supportive Member
Name
Dirk Wingrove
I get my postcards from gotprint.

5,000 full color both sides $174.?? delivered.

They're not 4x6 though. The other standard size.

tman7

Supportive Member
Name
Tony Gillihan
Dirk Wingrove said:
I get my postcards from gotprint.

5,000 full color both sides $174.?? delivered.

They're not 4x6 though. The other standard size.

Hey I've looked at their site and I don't see this offer anywhere

http://gotprint.net

captaincarpet

Name
Thomas Cermak
You are correct, and the price for the 4 X 6 full color both sides, glossy is 159.95 plus shipping.
Their prices are very good, I have looked over the entire site and I am impressed... I was just trying to get the earlier poster to compare like to like...not to in any way criticize gotprint.

Their does not seem to be much difference in such a small size difference, however when you design the cards you need to make sure you set the sizes right or you will be unhappy with the results (larger margin on the 4.25, and quite possibly something chopped off on the 5.5
side or visa versa).

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom