Portable Unit

Bryce C

Name
Bryce
Hey Alex
I started with porty 30yrs ago, bought a used tm 2.5 yrs later, been using TM ever since with the occasional porty job. One thing I realized in hindsight, there are very few good porty cleaners. And there is a big need for them in high rises and some jobs where security requires doors to be locked, so no TM can access it. You can market to these places and not have much competition. And lots of work in Condos, if your city has lots of highrises, and can charge a good price because its limited access and few good cleaners.

If you get the porty with the new LX motors in them, they have great vacuum. Have a CRB and good chems, not much you can't clean, even if you had to clean with low moisture.

something to consider
This is encouraging.

Reactions: BIG WOOD

Bryce C

Name
Bryce
I already owned the 5' x 8' enclosed trailer and the Honda 2200 watt generator in the front. The rest of it I put together for under $3000 being thrifty. I admit I got an insanely good deal on the lightly used Hydramaster PEX 500 with the EVO wand for $1000. Since I took this pic I've added 1 more air mover. Next addition will be another sweet deal, a Green Glides hard surface wand at retail price plus shipping.

IMG_20240401_221741.jpg

alexcarpets

Name
Alex
Hey Alex
I started with porty 30yrs ago, bought a used tm 2.5 yrs later, been using TM ever since with the occasional porty job. One thing I realized in hindsight, there are very few good porty cleaners. And there is a big need for them in high rises and some jobs where security requires doors to be locked, so no TM can access it. You can market to these places and not have much competition. And lots of work in Condos, if your city has lots of highrises, and can charge a good price because its limited access and few good cleaners.

If you get the porty with the new LX motors in them, they have great vacuum. Have a CRB and good chems, not much you can't clean, even if you had to clean with low moisture.

something to consider
Hello Ron,

Greatly appreciate you sharing this helpful information. Thank you kindly 🙏

Alex

Name
Nate W.
I already owned the 5' x 8' enclosed trailer and the Honda 2200 watt generator in the front. The rest of it I put together for under $3000 being thrifty. I admit I got an insanely good deal on the lightly used Hydramaster PEX 500 with the EVO wand for $1000. Since I took this pic I've added 1 more air mover. Next addition will be another sweet deal, a Green Glides hard surface wand at retail price plus shipping.

View attachment 126707

Smatty boy @BIG WOOD is going to love you with a trailer.. How's your parking skills?

Bryce C

Name
Bryce
Smatty boy @BIG WOOD is going to love you with a trailer.. How's your parking skills?
I am getting pretty good at backing into precarious places in one shot. I've already had several years of sparse experience, but getting much better quickly being on the road with it every day. Just gotta feather it and not over shoot.

My wife thinks it's sexy when I back into weird places very well. I look over afterwards and she's often nodding her head in deeply contented approval.

Last edited:

Kenny Hayes

Name
Kenny Hayes
I’ve pulled a trailer for years. It’s no big deal for commercial work. I’ve done it a lot for residential, but it’s Pita everyday.My wife never considered it sexy, that just meant she had to get out and go to work 😬

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Hey Alex

something to consider
Exactly. I do about 50% of my work with a portable. I have several but my favorite is a Mytee Speedster that I modified from a single cord machine to a dual cord machine with 2-3stage vac motors in parallel and a 500 psi pump. There are more powerful machines out there but this is plenty of power to do any job. For heavily soiled jobs I add in stronger presprays and a CRB. I used to know a guy who only did highrises in Vancouver and he was very successful until he retired.

• Love
Reactions: Bryce C

Mikey P

Administrator

View attachment 126707

How does it handle speed bumps?

Maybe we could have a trailer parking contest at the next MFest

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom