On a sunday

F

FB7777

Not at all.

Experience got to me.

I didn't mean to imply that you shouldn't help a person on a Sunday, nor that you shouldn't do all you can do to build your business.

I warned that people in a rush are more often than not in that place because of a crisis, and that I'm very wary that they don't make their problems mine.

I didn't mean to pique your ire my friend....
Dude you're debating with Vawter

Which is essentially wrestling with a pig are fighting with a fool

The only guaranteed result is that will come out dirtier and dumber from the experience

His business advice always begs the question....

How the flock did that work out for ya ?

steve_64

Well I just got home from looking for an address that didn't come up but he gave me a link to a pin drop.

Fortunately we were 15 minutes away so not to much wasted time. He's still texting me but he's definitely fallen down the list.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Count on problems with this person.

People who haven't planned ahead and expect a service business to (1) Reply on a Sunday. (2) Show up on a Monday, have other issues in their lives that don't add up to being a good and/or repeat customer.

Something difficult probably has happened in his life: Got evicted from his last place, lost his job, marital/relationship difficulties, legal difficulties...something.

Maybe I'm cynical...no, I know I'm cynical....but people who rush you (regardless of being referred), rarely have your interests at heart.

If the referring party is someone you know well, I'd call them first to get the story.
I just came back from the long weekend and I have a ton of messages. Who the Fook calls a carpet cleaner in the middle of a long weekend. I am booked solid next week and most of the week after. I have to call all these people back and explain why they have wait a week and half or 2 weeks to get their carpets cleaned.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Well I just got home from looking for an address that didn't come up but he gave me a link to a pin drop.

Fortunately we were 15 minutes away so not to much wasted time. He's still texting me but he's definitely fallen down the list.
He gave you a link to a pin drop? If it's such a fooking emergency, why didn't he give you the address and meet you there? Oh, I forgot, it might mess up his tee time.

Reactions: Jim Pemberton

steve_64

He gave you a link to a pin drop? If it's such a fooking emergency, why didn't he give you the address and meet you there? Oh, I forgot, it might mess up his tee time.
The address doesn't come up on Google.
He got someone else who wasn't so busy I guess. He said he still wants us to do the maintenance in the future. Maybe he will call before the day he wants it done next time.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
That would be Bawb.....right?

I left NOTHING on the table.....
some money is way better than NO money! :evil:

sheet...i've done Chinese restaurants at 2:00 AM

i coulda stayed home but
instead woke up in the morning
wit more money in my pocket
than if i had'nt went!!! DAMN!

Last edited:
Reactions: Cleanworks

Andy

Name
Doesn't Matter
I often wonder why carpet cleaning has a higher priority than health. When you go to a doctor and need surgery they schedule you 3 to 6 months out but people think they need their carpet done tomorrow. Your machine or your van break down and the mechanic says the next opening we have is a week and half out but people think they can get their carpets cleaned tomorrow. I like to enjoy life now, not wait until I am older and decrepped and can't do anything.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom