On a sunday

steve_64

Screenshot_2018-08-05-16-38-31.png I really don't feel like working its over 90 and very humid.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
you guys make me sic..........
they'll be a day when you pull grubs outta yor grass ta eat....

remember this moment

that lite at the end of the tunnel
is only the headlight of the biggest train
you'll ever see....

Reactions: Jimmy L and DAT

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
remember this moment
you'll ever see....

what are you talking about, Pops?

You want me to work on Sunday after 6 days of work, it better be an emergency that can't wait til Monday

OR.

you better schedule the only day that works for you BEFORE hand ..NOT the day of :arrrr:

45996075.jpg

..L.T.A.

F

FB7777

remember this moment

you'll ever see....
So doom and gloom Vawter

You are actually making the point for taking time off and enjoying life cause so fictitious event is gonna end it all for everyone

Reactions: Jimmy L

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
Count on problems with this person.

People who haven't planned ahead and expect a service business to (1) Reply on a Sunday. (2) Show up on a Monday, have other issues in their lives that don't add up to being a good and/or repeat customer.

Something difficult probably has happened in his life: Got evicted from his last place, lost his job, marital/relationship difficulties, legal difficulties...something.

Maybe I'm cynical...no, I know I'm cynical....but people who rush you (regardless of being referred), rarely have your interests at heart.

If the referring party is someone you know well, I'd call them first to get the story.

JohnHawkP

Name
John Paton
Count on problems with this person.

People who haven't planned ahead and expect a service business to (1) Reply on a Sunday. (2) Show up on a Monday, have other issues in their lives that don't add up to being a good and/or repeat customer.

Something difficult probably has happened in his life: Got evicted from his last place, lost his job, marital/relationship difficulties, legal difficulties...something.

Maybe I'm cynical...no, I know I'm cynical....but people who rush you (regardless of being referred), rarely have your interests at heart.

If the referring party is someone you know well, I'd call them first to get the story.

Great insight

JohnHawkP

Name
John Paton
The compassion of my youth is steadily losing out to the cynicism of my old age.

Yeah

I have had regular stretches of 10 months or so without a day off and working 7 days a week because some customers can only have it done on a Sunday.

Cutting right back although I did work last Sunday and my next day off is soon - I hope.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
thats the difference between mysef and most of yous all.....
i did every penny that was on the table...
i left nothing.......

i WOULD do a 40 dollar job on Sunday morning
cuz if i didn't
there sure as hell would be someone that would

time to rest when you die!!!

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
thats the difference between mysef and most of yous all.....
i did every penny that was on the table...
i left nothing.......

I'm not one to question an industrious spirit Bob.

My concern is more that people who find themselves in unfortunate positions mostly put themselves there, and find no remorse in pulling any good hearted people who they encounter down with them.

Maybe there is a completely understandable story behind this, but my gut says there isn't.

I can't tell you how many times I've heard:

"C'mon buddy, you gotta help me out"

No, I don't.

Reactions: hogjowl

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
ya but Jim....
it makes NO difference the reason
the fact IS there was money to be made

to walk away for WHATEVER reason (pride...lazyness)
is only hurting one person.......

i can't tell you the opportunities that fell in my lap
jus from jobs i REALLY didn't wanna go on.....

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
Not at all.

Experience got to me.

I didn't mean to imply that you shouldn't help a person on a Sunday, nor that you shouldn't do all you can do to build your business.

I warned that people in a rush are more often than not in that place because of a crisis, and that I'm very wary that they don't make their problems mine.

I didn't mean to pique your ire my friend....

steve_64

I text him back and once I got the address i don't care of I get it or not. Its nearly an hour away but probably a multi million dollar home. Close to some other customers lake house on lake Michigan in St Joe. I'm going to look at it in a while and see what the scope of work is. We don't clean the lake house but do about $30000 in other work. They had a boat sink recently and want us to clean it.

The referal is a realtor who has been sending me a lot of work lately. I need to talk to him because they are all last minute jobs.

Bawb lots of people call someone else I really don't gas.

Genny hired another girl and we still can't keep up they just keep calling and we really don't advertise.

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
The referal is a realtor who has been sending me a lot of work lately. I need to talk to him because they are all last minute jobs.

Good point. Realtors are a good source of business, but they deal with crisis management all of the time, and often figure you should do it too.

I go back to the first point I made about did you know who referred you. Now you can move on at your pace.

Realtors can come off pretty condescending, but remember, just like bankers, they probably don't make as much money as you do.

Reactions: steve_64

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
Well damn man....
You didn't SAY it was a realtor. ....i hate them basturds.......and an hour away.......
Ok...you got a pass on this one!

But don forget .....
This IS pissy day.....

Reactions: steve_64

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom