Oh Christ Almighty, not again...

Papa John

Lifetime Supportive Member
Name
John Stewart
If Mytee, as well as all other manufacturers, were smart--
they would take the bashing they get on MB as constructive criticism and use it to become better.
We are providing them with free R&D and quality control.
Shocking that Mytee hasn't made it a policy, that every item will be quality tested before being shipped out.

Meter Maid

The Undetective
Name
Chris
so easy, even a cop can understand....

electric vacs have blow-by
meaning, if you cap off the vac port, the fan spins but no air moves
PD blowers have virtually no blow-by
cap the vac port and without a vac relief valve it will stall the engine or collapse the waste tank

that blow-by is why most of the numbers touted by porty salesmen are little more than foo-foo fluff

longevity/life expectancy ...
you'll need to replace 10 electric vacs before you'll need to replace a PD blower

if a GAS engine is needed to run a unit, that GAS engine is best used to turn a pump and PD blower .
NOT provide electricty to power a POS plastic porty

it ain't rocket science Pard'er
It's plain ole common sense

..L.T.A.

..L.T.A.
Hold on, if electric vacs don’t move air when capped off then their hose shouldn’t stick to my hand, as the vacuum would drop off?

FredC

Village Idiot
I've been around since not a soul here knew of Mytee,

I wouldn't go that far

• Haha
Reactions: hogjowl

Fat Mike

Name
Mike G
2nd time this year I've had to run 200ft off my lil 36 blower, which makes it feel like a porty.. until you try the porty

I would like to try the newer Lx vacs or whatever they're called, or hear an unbiased review.. but I'm on the wrong forum 🤔

I just purchased the air hog with the 2 lx vacs for use as a flood extractor. Worked good for us and the apo was easy and efficient.
Lighted plugs make it fast for finding separate circuits.

We just got rid of two truckmounts we weren’t going too use anyway. I didn’t want the maintenance of an engine and this fits our needs. However we don’t clean a lot and use VLM also for that.

It’s small and lightweight super convenient imo

Reactions: Foothills Phil

FredC

Village Idiot
Cap off a PD blower and air moves? I’ve always heard there’s zero CFM on any vacuum when it’s completely capped. That is why Carpet doesn’t dry when the wand is locked down... no CFM.
you have a relief valve but it would be interesting to see what broke first if you truly capped it.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Cap off a PD blower and air moves? I’ve always heard there’s zero CFM on any vacuum when it’s completely capped. That is why Carpet doesn’t dry when the wand is locked down... no CFM.
Your vac relief will open allowing air through the blower. There still won't be air movement in the hose.

Reactions: Meter Maid

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Hold on, if electric vacs don’t move air when capped off then their hose shouldn’t stick to my hand, as the vacuum would drop off?

you'll never retire on a detectives pension with those deductive skills
You'll finish your career as a patrolman responding to domestics and drunk 'n disorderly calls.....

..L.T.A.

Meter Maid

The Undetective
Name
Chris
you'll never retire on a detectives pension with those deductive skills
You'll finish your career as a patrolman responding to domestics and drunk 'n disorderly calls.....

..L.T.A.
Or arresting rednecks like you... Assuming you don’t curl up like a little girl when you’re not on the internet.

Name
Lee Stockwell
If Mytee, as well as all other manufacturers, were smart--
they would take the bashing they get on MB as constructive criticism and use it to become better.
We are providing them with free R&D and quality control.
Shocking that Mytee hasn't made it a policy, that every item will be quality tested before being shipped out.
I tried to tell several former mfgs who got huffy EXACTLY what you pointed out. This place could be a feedback goldmine if they would occasionally LISTEN to valid observations and suggestions BEFORE putting out crap.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Assuming you don’t curl up like a little girl when you’re not on the internet.

LOL.....been called a cocky azzhole more than once long before Al Bore invented the internet.
biggest difference is, you might see a ornery grin on my face in real life
or not, when/if I perceive you to be a dikbrain schmuck

funny story (to me)
years ago, John Burris (used to be a board regular) met me at some fest event.
not more than 15 minutes after talking he said

"wow, you really are a smartazz"

:biggrin: 🤣

.L.T.A.

Mikey P

Administrator
I tried to tell several former mfgs who got huffy EXACTLY what you pointed out. This place could be a feedback goldmine if they would occasionally LISTEN to valid observations and suggestions BEFORE putting out crap.

I offered John just that..
And he sort of took me up on it.

Only he would send out the finished product rather than the balsa wood beta...

After 3 or 4 attempts he told me I was just too negative.

He only wanted praise to help sell the 20,000 widgets he already made.

My guys got tired of everything failing and insisted that we stop.

Charlie Lyman

Supportive Member
Name
Charlie Lyman
Do you all hear complaints about Mytee extractors? The Escape has been out for years and I don’t really really hear anything negative. They are basically just making an Escape with 4 motors instead of 2.

The Aurora generator looks top-notch (going off internet info) and isn’t built by Mytee. The HX looks to be just like what is found on Butlers and other direct drive units. The HX also isn’t built by Mytee.

I hope it’s a success because truckmounts are ridiculously priced.
I decided to be quiet about the experience I had with the Escape I bought. Mytee did everything they could to make mine work. I cant remember everything that went wrong with the ones.... yes ones... I had. Mytee had a new unit sent to me because of all of the problems I had. The second one got sent back to them to get completely rebuilt with the "updated" parts and improvements. Fact is, they were selling a product that wasn't reliable and had problems. I finally sold it and got a POS EZ TM from steambrite that a local guy was selling. That one kept me rolling until I bought my Rage setup.

Meter Maid

The Undetective
Name
Chris
LOL.....been called a cocky azzhole more than once long before Al Bore invented the internet.
biggest difference is, you might see a ornery grin on my face in real life
or not, when/if I perceive you to be a dikbrain schmuck

funny story (to me)
years ago, John Burris (used to be a board regular) met me at some fest event.
not more than 15 minutes after talking he said

"wow, you really are a smartazz"

:biggrin: 🤣

.L.T.A.
You are a conundrum... I can sense you are smart, even though your spelling is horrific....

Reactions: Dolly Llama

Meter Maid

The Undetective
Name
Chris
How come we never get any feedback on the Xdrive from Hydramaster?
Word on the street is the first version used batteries... that failed, so they are now powering the machine directly from the generator without going through batteries.

I wouldn't touch that thing for at least two more years of no changes.

Probably why the gas machines have nothing to fear for some time.

Meter Maid

The Undetective
Name
Chris
I offered John just that..
And he sort of took me up on it.

Only he would send out the finished product rather than the balsa wood beta...

After 3 or 4 attempts he told me I was just too negative.

He only wanted praise to help sell the 20,000 widgets he already made.

My guys got tired of everything failing and insisted that we stop.
Didn't John used to supply you with free raffle items?

Did you end your relationship with him before or after he stopped supplying free items for you to raffle?

Nomad74

Boy Sprout

Did you end your relationship with him before or after he stopped supplying free items for you to raffle?
I think it ended when someone got pulled into court.

• Haha
Reactions: hogjowl

Mikey P

Administrator

John use to advertise here, he would pay by donating items to be auctioned off like many do.

It was at a Mikey's Fest in Vegas that I called it quits with him. He was still an advertiser at that time.

When his Trex fell apart, he packed it up and left the show so I ripped him a new one here...

Reactions: Meter Maid

Meter Maid

The Undetective
Name
Chris
John use to advertise here, he would pay by donating items to be auctioned off like many do.

It was at a Mikey's Fest in Vegas that I called it quits with him. He was still an advertiser at that time.

When his Trex fell apart, he packed it up and left the show so I ripped him a new one here...
Hard to know who to believe...

Your version seems plausible though...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom