New Vans

hogjowl

Idiot™
Ah, sorry Matt. I just figure they’d made you from monitoring the board. I never thought about you actually calling them and proving it firsthand.

Reactions: BIG WOOD

FredC

Village Idiot
By parity do you mean cost effectiveness of buying and operating an electric vs fossil fuel vehicle?

If so, I don't think we will see that outside of massive subsidies and/or market manipulation.

You will see it, without subsidies, in the next few years for most EVs as far as total cost of ownership........by the end of the decade for longer range vehicles.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
You will see it, without subsidies, in the next few years for most EVs as far as total cost of ownership........by the end of the decade for longer range vehicles.
In Vancouver we have tons of Tesla's. They say they have a range of 200-400 miles depending on the model. We also have plenty of hybrids, plug in hybrids and other electric vehicles. Right now they cost a lot more than a similar gas vehicle but we have very cheap electricity. You can often make your car payments out of your fuel savings. Not sure why they haven't made a cargo van with a similar range. I'm sure it's coming. Biggest problem with electric vans is enough power to provide the heat. Could always install a propane heater.

D Luke

Supportive Member
Name
Derek

I don't think so, but I'm no expert. Can you set an alert to remind you of this post in five years?

Reactions: FredC

steve_64

In Vancouver we have tons of Tesla's. They say they have a range of 200-400 miles depending on the model. We also have plenty of hybrids, plug in hybrids and other electric vehicles. Right now they cost a lot more than a similar gas vehicle but we have very cheap electricity. You can often make your car payments out of your fuel savings. Not sure why they haven't made a cargo van with a similar range. I'm sure it's coming. Biggest problem with electric vans is enough power to provide the heat. Could always install a propane heater.
I wonder how long it will take for electric rates to go way up for everyone negating the savings principle being sold to everyone.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
I thought this was another shoe thread. Boy was I let down...
……
……..

IMG_1842.JPG

Following in his PaPaw's footsteps
He's a classic "Wellington" kind of guy too

..L.T.A.

srd

I have a 2020 chevy express 3500 box van with a spartan box roll up aluminum side door with 40k miles for sale, what do yall think its worth?

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
I have a 2020 chevy express 3500 box van with a spartan box roll up aluminum side door with 40k miles for sale, what do yall think its worth?
Depends on miles and box and accessories and condition...
On average, a clean 12 foot box, maybe $50k.
14 foot box is worth more, 16 foot box in good shape around $75k.

You're going to have to find some comps, which is a little tougher to do now that everyone want you to call for pricing and won't list mileage.

On-line sales are down and shipping costs are up, so the demand for delivery trucks is easing. Sell it quick!

Reactions: srd

srd

I was honestly thinking around 45k would be fair cause its a really clean truck

srd

why are you selling it?
Had one of my 2020 express vans with a summit truckmount get totaled while waiting on insurance and looking for another truck ended up buying 3 older vortex units and another box van i moved the 860 that was in that box van im selling to the new box van i bought.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom