New Bottle Shelf...Your thoughts?

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
uhhhhh ever heard of a dance called The SHAKE????

I quit using the inline a few years ago, because of draw issues.. But had a few jobs that i just didnt want to pull the machine out for...a little small, lots of stairs out front of the house...what ever...So i pulled the inline out, cleaned it up and did about 5 bucket tests on it...this pressure, that pressure, heater on, heater off. And it did great...

now for the chems :? :?

i put 20 oz of powder in MOST times, that figures out to 2 oz per gallon in a electric, and my old porty is 10 gallons, so easy mix...

in the half dozen or so jobs i have done....WORKS WITH OUT A HITCH... A few jobs i have thrown in a little extra kick, and when i am done, i throw the mix, into the porty (stupid peroxide part dies off)

And no greg i dont get all anal on spots....cobbs takes out 95% and powergel or a citrus does the rest...other then that its a stain, and i aint wasting my time on it, nor do 99% of the people/places i clean for care, or want to pay the extra to attempt to get them out..

SHAKE YOUR POWDERS!!!!! While you spray to

Greenie

Bono said:
Not to be negative, because I really like the idea, but is too much weight on the door a concern for the hinges? Or is 40-50lb not enough to cause a problem?

Quarts, not gallons, Bono.

It would be good to just make a 5 bottle (or 9 staggered (super wide) hand carry tray, then focus on making a tray holder bracket, yes it'll be two piece, and more expensive, but it would sell.

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
Ron K said:
Not to complicate this but make it so you can just slide it off a locking mechanism so you can just carry it in the home.
Make another one blocks and tabs scrapper ect.

Now this idea I like.. Make it possible tote a bunch of ready mixed spotters from the van door instead of carrying a bucket, or even a spottin kit box.

WOOOOOTTT I made my 1000th post.. I'll take my vac sticker in black please!!!

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
you boyz don't mix your powders first to put in a hydoforce or electric sprayer
I was boiling water every morning and shaked up small amounts to mix the first batches for the day and still clogged, so don't speak of what you don't know:)

Lora Olson

Now this idea I like.. Make it possible tote a bunch of ready mixed spotters from the van door instead of carrying a bucket, or even a spottin kit box.

Only issue I can think of is safety on this one. A lot of major chem companies have gone to spotting kits that can close (Steamway, CTI, Prochem are the one's I know for sure). Gotta think of your own safety, and that of the homeowner and curious kids. It only takes once. A lot of the kits are insulated too. That is important for some spotters that are in a kit, not to get too cold/hot.

I am sure many people use buckets and/or trays, but I like the professional, safe look of a closed spotting kit.

I wonder, John if you could make the bottle holder out of the same clear plastic that the in-line sprayer jugs are made of. Would that be see-through enough to be able to see the labels on the jugs and make the sides high enough to keep the chems in the shelves while the door is slammed or going over speed-bumps?

Clear plastic might look less "cluttered" too, if it "blended" in to whatever kind/color of door it goes on.

Loren Egland

Name
Loren Egland
I actually use something like this, only metal. I have a 4 holder and a 1 holder. Round metal rings with a right angle metal tab at the bottom so the bottle doesn't fall through. I think Steam Genie was who made them, but not sure.

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
John,

I like the idea of the spotter bottle holder on the door. Would look awsome in black.. the drain idea is cool to.. easy to clean that way.. Im in for 2 of them if you make them.. (at an affordable price).

Name
John LaBarbera
C&S said:
John,

I like the idea of the spotter bottle holder on the door. Would look awsome in black.. the drain idea is cool to.. easy to clean that way.. Im in for 2 of them if you make them.. (at an affordable price).

I only make stuff at an affordable price. That why other manufacturers love Mytee so much.

Able 1

Name
Keith
It would be nice if it had some kind of devided storage(nothing real big) above the bottles for things like scrapers, hose hook, rubber gloves,ect..

Any idea when these might be available?

Name
BradFenstermaker
Another idea may be to have a lip at the top so some can just hang on the existing 3 tier shelf.

I like the idea. Actually I was just fixing to order four 32oz bottle holders from Jon Don. The one they sell is stainless steel and holds three bottles. I have boards on the side wall of my van. On the passenger side I have a stainless chemical shelf which is great for gallons but not so great for spotters. On the driver's side I have my vac hose reel, but I still have enough space between my vac reel and the wall to install four of the holders from Jon Don. The one you are presenting would work good for mounting on the door. However it would fit on the wall I want to use it on, but I would be limited to only one container or 5 bottles because it is too tall.

http://www.jondon.com/catalog/product_i ... a2b75666bc

Name
John LaBarbera
Able 1 said:
It would be nice if it had some kind of devided storage(nothing real big) above the bottles for things like scrapers, hose hook, rubber gloves,ect..

Any idea when these might be available?

This one will be available at Connections. These other great ideas you guys have will take more time since we have to design and draw it. Thanks for all the good ideas.

Name
Bill Soukoreff
John LaBarbera said:
Mikey, if you could sell that many. You'll get a six pack of this. One for the hand and 5 for the shelf.

usa-stone-arrogant-bastard-ale-7696.jpg

John, my opinion of you is now even higher! Great beer. I love Stone. Have you tried their 13th Anniversary Ale? Wow.

I have Ruination, Arrogant Bastard and 13th in my fridge right now. Stone is expanding their brewery in this economy. Just proves how superb quality and marketing to a very specialized market works. I hear their 13 acre beer gardens are awesome. We want to get down there next year.

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
Shelves look great and sure they'll sell well. But why not just a shelf, a lot of wasted space from the individual compartments.

Also has this material been tested for stains over a long haul?. The door shelves I have that I made out of abs are stained pretty bad. If this is the case with the blue also John's idea about having them done in transparent may be better.

DSCN0967_edit.jpg

Albert

Name
John LaBarbera
Albert Lazo said:
Shelves look great and sure they'll sell well. But why not just a shelf, a lot of wasted space from the individual compartments.

Also has this material been tested for stains over a long haul?. The door shelves I have that I made out of abs are stained pretty bad. If this is the case with the blue also John's idea about having them done in transparent may be better.

DSCN0967_edit.jpg

Albert

Thanks Albert,

The shelves are made of polyethylene like gallon jugs and can come in different colors. I was going to use black but they could also be natural or a different color. This a a second shelf design, we're working on other configurations like has been mention by Jim Martin and others in this thread. This input is very helpful. Thanks again.

Back
Top Bottom