My Agenda...

-JB-

Name
JB
Mike is a Punk, plain and simple.

His "agenda" lies in his core values, to be as defiant of social norms and behavior, as possible w/in the confines of the life he has created which has been been primarily concerned with individual freedom, which tends to create beliefs in concepts such as individualism, anti-authoritarianism, anarchism and free thought. His ideologies have often included a critical view of the the industry; seeing modern day manufactures and distributors as placing extensive limits on individual freedom of thought. Mike's values originated as a movement of shock, rebellion, loathing and discontent for the "industry" . Despite the association that Mike's ideologies have with the left wing, sometimes he perceives the efforts of leftists as ineffectual, and sometimes just as objectionable as the right wing.

One of Mike's biggest fears...

Selling out, or an abandonment of personal values in exchange for reciprocal gain, in the form of wealth, status, or power. Because anti-establishment attitudes are such an important part of Mike's ideologies, a network of independent manufactures, vendors, and distributors has developed.

well that was fun! :mrgreen:

Studebaker

Name
Studebaker
Mikes agenda

An agenda is something that is used to facilitate a meeting. Mikey's Board in reality is one big meeting with many members.

I have observed that he facilitates this board very well. The purpose of the agenda is to keep the "meeting" going forward, on time, interesting, and to be of substance. As far as I can see he tells it like he sees it. This seems to be across the board no matter who the manufacturer is.
My feelings have been hurt on several occasions
I can't say the amount of time required to keep this going.

I can say, thank you and keep it up (the board)

Keith Studebaker

Greenie

My feelings are hurt daily....but at least i get to swing back and straighten out some little shit who needs it....try that on any other board.

Also the Reason MB will be around when the rags have made their way to the recycle bin.

admiralclean said:
Because you have this HUGE, big ass head to fill, and nothing fills it better than a bulletin board full of groopies.

Amen to what Marty said...

and a few more.....hopes that ICS dies and Evan along with it, also hope everyone will forget what a cod I was on ICS, get more free sheeet, convince people that a vac tat is actually "cool".

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
I'm not sure I'll ever really know Mike's agenda. He enjoys surprising all of us with his humor (much of which still escapes me).

I think what he's accomplished probably speaks to it the best:

He has created a forum that provides the most free speech one can find in such a forum. Completely free? No. He's chosen to delete some threads or ban some people that say ugly or destructive things. Is that censorship? Yes. Does that make it bad? No.

Mike also created his "own sandbox" to play in when he got kicked out of everyone else's. Whether or not he will admit it, he learned what its like to be on the other side of the "admin" position and what its like to deal with troublesome posters, some as bad as he was, some worse.

I'm not sure that Mike intended to have banner ads and the amount of supplier support he's worked out when this started. But for the time it takes from his professional and personal life, its made sense for him to do so.

In the end, Mikeysboard is fun, informative, and controversial. Much like its founder and namesake.

Thanks for allowing me to come along for the ride Mike!

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
Well said Jim, especially the part about his humor~ I think we're getting old and aren't hip enough to get his humor. Either that or Mikey's just on a diff planet sometimes :-)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom