Monster blowers and glides

FastEddie

Wouldn't it make sense to have a multi-ported, ultra high cfm glide(for big blowers), to move even more air and take advantage of all that power instead of wasting it thru the relief valve? Is 300 plus cfm's possible ATG?

FastEddie

"4 inch hose would be the bomb" With that statement, looks like that Physics class didn't do much for you.

Taking a slot glide and porting it out would also make it easier to push

Farenheit251

I've often thought the same thing. My kunkle cycles once on every pull back stroke and twice if moving a little slower. On commercial carpet and cut pile nylon I get such a good seal. Seems like I could be using a wider glide with 2 rows of holes and hardly lose any HG. I was wondering if that would make one dry pass like two. Not sure if it would work but if it did the dry times would be incredible. Brian e

FastEddie

Funny Odin, I have more muscles on my arms than your entire body. Now go have another drink and slop together another booster, Dr. Phil

G

Dr. Phil

Eduardo.. you're killing me..
lighten up Francis (from STRIPES.. the movie).

Ladies and gents.. our next comedian to take the stage.. put your hands to gether for FAST EDDIE

(applause.. no wait.. standing ovation).. lol

"Take a bow Cousin Eddie'..

Got our bowling shoes on..
(are they glided?).. ha.

FastEddie

Grenie,

What BrianE mentioned, "two rows of holes"

Do you think that would make sense when using a big blower?

Greenie

There is an exchange of airflow for lift with the restriction of the holes, this is why slot glides generally don't dry as well as holes.

Now, that said, yes a bigger blower does allow some room for "fudging" but be careful for what you ask for, as everytime you remove a little more teflon stock the wand becomes that much harder to move, we sell holes to porty users for drying, we sell holes to vortexes so they can move the wand.

Also I will touch on my comment above, as it must ahve slipped by.
RADIUS
there is only so much of a round glide that actually touches the carpet, if you allow margin for the full extended cleaning stroke, as well as the fully contracted stroke, you can only go so big with your holes, and two rows staggered would only be that much more difficult, been there, the hole size has to be reduced to achieve this, and now you are back to square one.

If you feel like it, drill out some existing 11/64th holes to 12/64 (3/16") and try for yourself with your 45 blower, after all the 3/16 is jsut a lil' bit bigger right? :wink:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom