Is it Time I retire?

Jim Williams

Name
Jim Williams
I'm only 49 but one thing that improved my energy level and made me feel like a 20 year old was when I was forced to change my eating habits due to a food allergy. The only thing I can eat is fruit, veggies and meat. Nothing canned or preserved or processed anymore. This year I did 35% more than the previous year. I had no idea my body was capable of doing it but I can now work like a mad man 10-12 hours and still have energy left. For the first 46 years on this planet I filled my body with crap that was dragging me down and keeping me obese. Now I am 45 pounds lighter and in better shape than when I was 25.

Try putting only foods with nutrients in your body so you can keep going. You only get one body, treat it right.

Kenny Hayes

Name
Kenny Hayes
I’m blessed to be able to go at the pace I did. Strip and wax, I can still go. Same with carpet or anything else. Doesn’t mean it don’t hurt worse. There’s no need for me to any more. Forced myself off the #truck. I’ve had to embrace being an old golfer. 67, can’t drive it as far,but always in the middle, always.

Reactions: BIG WOOD

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
Damn, this thread has depressed me. I’m going to go sit in a garage and run my TM.

Acp

Name
Bjorn Marshall
I dont think I could wand as many years as you guys in Seattle area... could probably go forever in a place like florida or california with way less basements and 1920s houses.

We have so many hills and staircases and old houses here it really beats on your body. Anytime you get a rambler the job just feels too easy.

Reactions: Mark Saiger

icleancarpetz

Name
Rafael Samson
Eat healthy. Stretch your body as in yoga. Exercise lifting and pulling weights. Rest. Read a lot to stimulate the cells. Keep a positive mind at all times. Don’t allow stress to enter the mind, if so, it triggers the body into pain, aches and not to mention possible cancers and all kinds of junk. Look at problems as challenges and figure out the best way to handle. Always maintain healthy attitude and never get angry. Anger triggers bad things within which leads to tension which then leads to inbalances within your system.

Put down the beer cans and pick up a glass of water. Water does wonders.

scotty747

I had a little medicinal weed yesterday after I got home. Low thc, high cbd's. Dosent get you high but makes your body feel better. good weed cream is amazing for joint pain and neuropathy or any nerve pain. Of course its legal in Washington. Also trying Kratom. Its a tree bark from asia and seems to give a more natural energy than coffee or other stimulants. It also has medicinal purposes.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I will walk up 3 flights of stairs at work instead of using the elevator, just for the exercise. By the 3rd flight I feel like my boots are filled with lead. Its killer.

As a kid my first apartment was on third floor and the laundry was in the basement. I used to run the flights carry a full laundry basket. 😔

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
yeah, that was/is the good part of it

I'm 61 in a couple weeks
Even though I haven't slogged a wand full time in years
(I do clean my own home cause no one is a good as me)
but I'm damn sure not able to do what I could/the way I did 20 years ago .

truth is, I not sure I could slog a wand everyday full time by myself to be honest .
Back is fine, but shoulders are shot..and if I did a couple days worth of upl, my tendons would be on fire for weeks

The crash and smashed pelvis in '92 has caught up with me now too.
The last year or so I've become pretty damn gimpy all the time .
and rain or cold fronts kick my azz hard

it's a bitch getting old
Only have another 10-15 years to be bothered with it though .
I'll breath my last, pass on and that'll be just fine

..L.T.A.

Yor mind is the 1st ta go......
You don realize it.......
Cuz yor mind is the 1st ta go...........

Fat Mike

Name
Mike G
Speaking of retirement

My stepdad marriedmy mom after i was grown and on my own.

hardest worker i know former marine and biker. tougher than nails he's looking too partially retire this year he owns a pool cleaning service.

im off too the hospital he just had a heart attack thank God my mom was with him and wouldn't let him go home

looks like he got there in good time and is stable.

y'all be careful out there

Fat Mike

Name
Mike G
Speaking of retirement

My stepdad marriedmy mom after i was grown and on my own.

hardest worker i know former marine and biker. tougher than nails he's looking too partially retire this year he owns a pool cleaning service.

im off too the hospital he just had a heart attack thank God my mom was with him and wouldn't let him go home

looks like he got there in good time and is stable.

y'all be careful out there

gonna be long night. was having heart attack in the widow maker. he coded and now is in icu. next 24-72 hrs are critical.

man that blind sided us

Fat Mike

Name
Mike G
Bawbs 80, at least, and ain’t dead
Don’t count the dude out

he's got family in their 90's hes tough guess main artery was completely blocked

was happy too hear as he was coming out of sedation he started fighting them, obviously not know what was happening so they had too sedate him again

Reactions: Kenny Hayes

Kenny Hayes

Name
Kenny Hayes
But what the heck is retirement? If you work at a job and have to be there
8-5 or whatever, two breaks and a lunch break, and you’re in the rat race getting to and fro. You probably want to retire from that!

roro

Name
Ross Craig
"for a time will come and the wisest of us knows not how soon"
Last few months we have been setting things in motion for retirement. Today's visit to the doc told me with a BP over 180 I should have put my notions into motion a little quicker.

Mikey P

Administrator
"for a time will come and the wisest of us knows not how soon"
Last few months we have been setting things in motion for retirement. Today's visit to the doc told me with a BP over 180 I should have put my notions into motion a little quicker.

How old are you Ross?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom