Interview With Bill Yeadon 12-12-07

billyeadon

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Yeadon
billyeadon said:
Mikey P said:
Hey Bill, sorry I'm late, I was out shmoozing flooring retailers.

Hypothetical Q here..

If you were forced to start up another CC biz next year, what market would you go after, what methods would you use, how many trucks would you aim for and where would you look for employees?"

Geez Mike,
You didn't have to catch up all in one question. You stated one of the ways I would get business is by hub marketing such as retailers, Interior Decorators etc. I would definitely go after ultra high end because those people are more difficult but once you convince them and their design fiends price is not an issue. I would be happy with 3-5 trucks. I would find employees by stealing them whenever I found someone who had good people skills. I would avoid people with previous cleaning experience as they already have developed their habits.

Mikey,
I forgot methods. I would have so many I would have to have a Big Billy Fall fest just to demonstate all of them

Jeff Cross

Supportive Member
OK, you asked for it: Why do you think you are taller than Barry Costa when all the evidence shows you are wrong?

billyeadon

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Yeadon
Jeff Cross said:
OK, you asked for it: Why do you think you are taller than Barry Costa when all the evidence shows you are wrong?

Barry's roundness gives him the illusion of height buy my slender stature makes me qualified for basketball

and my full head of hair

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Bill
With less carpet being put in today's homes than in the past, why do you suppose the big guys are so interested in getting back into the carpet cleaning game?

Is there really a Bane secret handshake?
:roll:

Is there any Kenny on your Ipod?
8)

Thanks
Richard

Jeff Cross

Supportive Member
OK, you asked for it... let's say you were to start an independent IICRC approved school... on your own... what are the three things you would do to make it work and be competitive to Jon Don, Interlink, etc?

(Remember, if I asked a question like Mikey P, I'd ask for the 10 things you would do... so this should be an easy question).

billyeadon

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Yeadon
Richard Chavez said:
Bill
With less carpet being put in today's homes than in the past, why do you suppose the big guys are so interested in getting back into the carpet cleaning game?

Is there really a Bane secret handshake?
:roll:

Is there any Kenny on your Ipod?

Richard I think with the average gap between carpet purchases they look for anyway to get into a customers home on a more regular basis. This is the only way to keep the relationship going. I still think that is why HD bought Chem Dry.

Yes but only Odin still remembers it.

I do have a little C&W on there for when my pickup truck breaks down my dog leaves me and my wife stays.

But no Kenny
8)

Thanks
Richard

harryhides

Name
Tony
costa002.jpg

billyeadon

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Yeadon
Jeff Cross said:
OK, you asked for it... let's say you were to start an independent IICRC approved school... on your own... what are the three things you would do to make it work and be competitive to Jon Don, Interlink, etc?

(Remember, if I asked a question like Mikey P, I'd ask for the 10 things you would do... so this should be an easy question).

Well #1 is I would have to have it in one location as Jim P does. That makes it easy to have all of your equipment handy. I would focus it on hands on as we know that is what everyone wants.

Actually now that I think of it I wouldn't want to compete with JD or Interlink.

Mikey P

Administrator
At Mikefest do you plan on hanging out with stiffs like Wheelright and Cross at night or will you go drinking with Kirk, Jerk and Brevik?

billyeadon

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Yeadon
billyeadon said:
Jeff Cross said:

Well #1 is I would have to have it in one location as Jim P does. That makes it easy to have all of your equipment handy. I would focus it on hands on as we know that is what everyone wants.

Actually now that I think of it I wouldn't want to compete with JD or Interlink.

I guess you wanted more than that: I would go to independent companies for private training as you do. Just like in any other business you have to market to the areas others don't.

billyeadon

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Yeadon
Mikey P said:
At Mikefest do you plan on hanging out with stiffs like Wheelright and Cross at night or will you go drinking with Kirk, Jerk and Brevik?

I will hang with the old guys Tony and Jeff but I do like Guiness.

Steve Toburen

Supportive Member
Durango, Colorado/Santiago, Dominican Republic
Name
Steve Toburen
Two important questions:

1) Just how short are you anyway?

2) Just how ancient are you?

Island Boy

PS Just left the land of ice in Kansas City and arrived in the DR. 70 degrees here and the Presidente beer is 33 degrees Fahrenheit. Eat your heart out, oh Great One.

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
Prespray and Alkaline Detergent

Prespray and Acid Rinse

Prespray and Soft Water Rinse?

Jeff Cross

Supportive Member
Bill will hang out with whoever has the money to buy the drinks. He'll be with me... corporate credit card, of course. You are all invited, of course. Oops, this may be a bad post to make at this time.

Of course, Cleanfax doesn't leave anyone thirsty or hungry at events.

billyeadon

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Yeadon
Mikey P said:
What type of flooring do you have at home?

and do you remember where your home is?

I am definitely pro carpet but I have laminate in the kitchen. Yes I can tell I am at home because there isn't a neon sign outside my window.

billyeadon

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Yeadon
Jeff Cross said:
Bill will hang out with whoever has the money to buy the drinks. He'll be with me... corporate credit card, of course. You are all invited, of course. Oops, this may be a bad post to make at this time.

Of course, Cleanfax doesn't leave anyone thirsty or hungry at events.

Now were talking and I need to know where the closest Starbucks is at.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
From a marketing aspect, if you were on a limited budget and wanted to make the most impact what suggestions would you give.

for when my pickup truck breaks down my dog leaves me and my wife stays.
How much to I get for not showing your wife that one? LOL

Mikey P

Administrator
Lets say a guy who who has little to no CCing experience has one of those infamous RotoVac startup kits (Porty and RV) in the back of is Datsun 510 hatchback and need to find work.

We both know the retailers will laugh him out of the shop so what type of initial marketing do you tell him to pursue?

billyeadon

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Yeadon
Jim Pemberton said:
Prespray and Alkaline Detergent

Prespray and Acid Rinse

Prespray and Soft Water Rinse?

Jim,
I teach that all three are valid depending on the situation. In most residential jobs with moderate soiling I am PS and Acid
In commercial or apartments PS and alkaline. I rarely suggest water due to my experience in Indiana with the hardest water in the country.

Everyone should understand that one method or one system will not fit all circumstances.

billyeadon

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Yeadon
Richard Chavez said:
From a marketing aspect, if you were on a limited budget and wanted to make the most impact what suggestions would you give.

for when my pickup truck breaks down my dog leaves me and my wife stays.
How much to I get for not showing your wife that one? LOL

For low money nothing beats getting out on the street and calling on commercial businesses. You should make a goal of haning out your business card to 20 nrew people everyday. Noone sells a service like th owner especailly a hungry one.

Reactions: Lee Stockwell

harryhides

Name
Tony
When did you first meet Steve Toburen and what do you really think of him?

Did you pick him to join the Jon Don team or was it forced on you?

Brian L

Name
Brian L
Bill, back in 1969 did you believe all the info coming out that Paul McCartney had died in a car crash in 1966?

Mikey P

Administrator
If you were the Editor in Chief of CleanFax and you were scheduled to speak at Mikfest would you promote it in advance in your magazine and would you also get the head honchos to pay for one of the Pizza lunches?

billyeadon

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Yeadon
Mikey P said:
Lets say a guy who who has little to no CCing experience has one of those infamous RotoVac startup kits (Porty and RV) in the back of is Datsun 510 hatchback and need to find work.

We both know the retailers will laugh him out of the shop so what type of initial marketing do you tell him to pursue?

I don't want to send him to the apartment and Wendys route so I would send him to 1 story commercial or churches offices etc. I don't think they are as image conscious as residential.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom