I'm old school

topnotchman

Not sure when this style came out, I've had this since 2003.
equipment012.jpg

Looks like Uncle Claude was saving some serious manufacturing costs with a PVC handle!
equipment014.jpg

Changed quite a bit now, maybe I should get a new one?
drieaz.jpg

My old Dri-eaz hydrosensor still works well, still lights up and beeps and everything. The points aren't as sharp anymore but still goes through the carpet and pad okay. Should have gotten a new one when I had the chance! Anyone else got a old school hydrosensor out there?

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
therse one of those on thebay right now and people are bidding it up. i dont think you NEED a new one but it is nice to have new.

John Watson

I got a bunch of them, think that style came out in about 83or 84. Annette Oldow used to make them when I worked at Dri Eaz in 87. I also got a couple of the original neons with the 45volt battery still new in the box

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
If it still works, use it. It's still a great tool. I have a box with about 2-dozen broken one of the newer style. I'd stick with the old one until it breaks.

topnotchman

John Watson said:
I got a bunch of them, think that style came out in about 83or 84. Annette Oldow used to make them when I worked at Dri Eaz in 87. I also got a couple of the original neons with the 45volt battery still new in the box

John, Tom showed me one that was even older then this one, and it had no audible sound, it just lit up if it found moisture or not. Thats cool you have original ones still new! This hydrosensor works well, just wasn't sure if anyone had them still. I'm surprised the battery in it still works.

They just dont make them like they used to huh? :?

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I have a couple of them that Lloyd Weaver sold, looks like they used a couple of nails for the probe and the rubber handle off a bike. :shock:

As patch work as it looked it worked great, it had a loud screaming sound the more moisture it found. It also had a light and a switch for the sound. You could inspect with sound, flip the switch and check for dryness with light only.

The just didn't look at professional has the Hydrosensor does, so we switched and never looked back.

Back
Top Bottom