I'll spend _____________for my next Truck Mount

How Much I'll Spend On My Next Truck Mount

• Total voters

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
I've been seeing some trends in truck mount purchasing in the Middle Atlantic States and I'd like to see how they are reflected nationwide. This price is exclusive of the truck.

While the poll is for the cost, feel free to chime in with the brand or brand(s) you're considering.

Charlie Lyman

Supportive Member
Name
Charlie Lyman
I'm considering a new one next year. I figure it is a big investment and will probably have to travel to get the one I am interested in. I like the design of Cobb's and the design of Judson's machines. I want to be able to work on it myself.

Chads

Supportive Member
I am all about second hand machines. I would almost adventure to buy a Bob Steam Steam genie special or just build one of my own. Too many ups and downs in most manufactures out there.

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
I don't plan on every buying another unless I go out on my own without a partner

I would look local or whatever Greenie is selling

hogjowl

Idiot™
When my son comes on board, I will most likely purchase him a Cleanco 56.

Chad:
Don't forget that my 2004 rig with only 60,000 miles is up for sale.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I hate spending money, but when I do I want value.

I want it to last and I don't want to have to buy another for a while.

To do that I'm figuring either another Butler or a liquid cooled slide in from Sapphire or Blue Line.

I would prefer the 210 recovery capacity, but if fuel is a concern then the slide in will out weigh the tank size.

Name
Lee Stockwell
I've found most of the bugs in the Prochem Performer 405, and like what's left over when we tweak them. They are plentiful and relatively cheap at times. Often newbie frustration or big truck @#$%^ envy puts them on the market prematurely.

We have almost four of them...all under $5k each.

Name
I'm Rick James
I am going to get a EZ TM, just because it comes with a free football and a roll of duct tape.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
who are the 5 big ballers that plan to spend over $50K on a TM?

and did they read this?
(or better yet, UNDERSTAND what it means)

Jim Pemberton said:
This price is exclusive of the truck.

that means you don't include the price of the van or box truck :roll:

is there even a $50K TM made???

..L.T.A.

Name
Kevin McCreary
I remember when you could get a Butler for 12,900 with options 1,2, and 3.

The machine is great! The van they put in sucks.

I think that 50-60k is reasonable for a new van and truckmount

Greenie

I think $40K is even more reasonable for both, just not many gonna get that much value in a "package" these days.

Guys have figured out, they don't have to spend $30K on a new unit anymore, and to be fair that is a lot of coin for a carpet cleaning machine that doesn't come with a stereo.

So..I take it that all the guys selecting under 10K are looking at buying USED equipment?
Does that answer the poll accurately?

ronbeatty

Name
Ron Beatty
I would spend 50 and up if someone would build a diesel slide in that would compare to my Vortex's. I want to be able to pick my style of truck, International, Freight liner, etc. Hey Chavez you need one like this ????
100_1007.jpg

DannyD

The Savage. Right now my business doesn't justify one, so I'm still a porty/OP guy. When the time comes though, I'll look no where else. Even today when I do a job, maybe something that I might be 10 minutes on or something.. I'll be thinkin to myself "mannnn, if I had a Savage I coulda cut thru this in 10 seconds."

Price w/ everything installed is a touch over 10K. It's portable if ya need it to be (though ya lose the heat) & easy to work on. I realize it's not for everyone. Other choices work for other people. IMO though the Savage is the best unit for my needs.

That's no knock on any other brand. I've seen other machines & they were also pretty impressive.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Ken Snow said:
I put 20-25 as I think that's the equip costs on a butler, but it may be in the 30 plus range.

Ken, I'm curious what criteria you use to replace the fleet?

based on hours?
years or service?
other?

and typically, how many do you turn over at once?

5 new TM/vans a year?
15 or 20 every 5 years?

????

Thanks

..L.T.A.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Ron your trucks are sweet!

That's the direction I'd go if we did more carpet, but we use our boxes primarily for WDR and that's a pretty penny for extraction. Not to mention a waste of a great machine.

Your's are lookers!

Congrats!

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
We turn them over ever 5-6 years and sell from 3-8 a year depending. We actually have less now than we dod 4 years ago, I think about 27 or 28 now including one big box truck butler for restoration work.

Mr.V

if I were to go brand new I'd seriously consider having a Judson shipped WAY up here

If I were to buy somewhat locally my choices are Prochem,Cleanco,hydramaster and I think somebody might sell Powerclean in Vancouver

I'd probably go back to a Prochem or Cleanco

Back
Top Bottom