If there's any class on learning how to be successful, this is the one to take!!!

FredC

Village Idiot
Does anyone know what happened to Dave Mirfen? I've tried calling his business but all the numbers I tried are disconnected.

David Edward Mirfin

David Edward Mirfin, of Delran, passed away on August 29, 2016. He was 57 years old.

Born and raised near Bridgeport CT, Dave lived for a time in Boston MA, Philadelphia PA, Maple Shade NJ, Ferndale MI and Delran NJ. He spent much of his early career in the field of specialized dog training including personal protection, obedience, and Schutzhund. He went on to a successful second career as he owner/operator of AllBrite Carpet Cleaning. Dave was dedicated to the success of his employees and company.

https://www.legacy.com/obituaries/c...=david-edward-mirfin&pid=181235016&fhid=15931

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
David Edward Mirfin

David Edward Mirfin, of Delran, passed away on August 29, 2016. He was 57 years old.

Born and raised near Bridgeport CT, Dave lived for a time in Boston MA, Philadelphia PA, Maple Shade NJ, Ferndale MI and Delran NJ. He spent much of his early career in the field of specialized dog training including personal protection, obedience, and Schutzhund. He went on to a successful second career as he owner/operator of AllBrite Carpet Cleaning. Dave was dedicated to the success of his employees and company.

https://www.legacy.com/obituaries/c...=david-edward-mirfin&pid=181235016&fhid=15931
Way too young. Lesson for us all. Don't take your life for granted. Live it well today for tomorrow may never come.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
How much of Matt's 45% increase is due to getting rid of that fooken trailer?
You've got a good point. My business has taken a huge jump in business currently with my first year coming up with the new design. But there was a good 20ish% jump with the trailer on the last year it was on the road.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nomad74 and Mikey P

darcie smith

Name
darcie smith
As a person who likes and respects Marty, I'd like to translate for him in advance:

Any intensive program that involves making changes in one's business, and/or one's life, requires a level of discipline to maintain over time.

Coming back to daily pressures, and just "life" in general, can sometimes cause any of us to slip back into old and less productive habits.

Even as an "outsider" to the SFS experience, I know enough about it, and about similar programs, to give you and Scott this advice:

Begin to implement as many things as you can, especially those that dovetail easily into your current structure and business philosophy. Also commit to sitting down and discussing those things that don't easily fit, but that you've both agreed are essential for you to experience the growth and rewards this program promises.

This won't be easy, but I know the two of you better than most do, and if anyone can make these changes and get the rewards you deserve, its you two.

This is much of what I want to talk to you both about when Carol and I have dinner with you on the 30th.

Take Marty's warning to heart....and make sure you never have to say to him:

"Marty, you were right!"

Thank you, I appreciate the encouragement.

darcie smith

Name
darcie smith
My business is 45%bigger this year than it was when this thread started. I’ve probably forgotten most of what was spoken during the course, but two things were always in the back of my mind...MOT, and keep in touch with current customer base with reminders every 6,9,12 months. I didn’t do that before I went to that class, and I really think that has been the best thing I exercised in my business. And helping us speak to new customers over the phone on price quotes has made my profit margin get where it needs to be.

Keep in mind, I’m no dog and pony show business either. I think that’s a waste of time. Most will disagree on that also.

I hope they have separated the three types of businesses we have into three different classes (multi van businesses, owner operators, and restoration businesses), because there was a lot that was talked about that I didn’t feel I needed to know, due to me being an owner op
I'm so glad you were able to use the concepts from class to make your business better :) I was rooting for you, hoping you didn't lose the enthusiasm. I'm pumped, lots of great take aways :) There's still one class, hasn't been split.

Reactions: BIG WOOD

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
David Edward Mirfin

I visited Dave in his home, and got to know him a bit. He was bright, thoughtful, enjoyed his work, and loved his family and his dogs. I'm sorry we lost touch and I wasn't aware of his passing .
Still, I find any attempts at humor associated with his death in bad taste.

darcie smith

Name
darcie smith
Darcie

What Strategies have you implemented so far?

In the whole three days I've been home? There are over 1,000 pages of material and two flash drives to sift through and prioritize.

Today I pulled our P&L for last year and for the first half of this year and checked our numbers to see how close they are to the targets we were given. (from day 1) I'm working on a spreadsheet that lists customers in order by dollars spent lifetime. (from day 2) My next priority will be setting up training plans for the techs and getting our systems down on paper. We do quite a few of the customer service points Steve went over, but we don't have them in writing and we can't hold our people accountable to standards if they aren't written down. Lots and lots of work to do.

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
I’m so ashamed

Marty, I like you and respect you (still) but a smart ass response to having poor behavior pointed out to you doesn't improve your position.

I'm sorry you didn't know Dave. He was a great guy.

I'll drop it so that Darcie can have additional meaningful feedback to her question

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
If you can't make fun of dying, what can you make fun of? Sometimes, people make light of what hits too close to home. Just another way of acknowledging our own vulnerabilities.

Reactions: BIG WOOD

steve_64

David Edward Mirfin

Thanks Fred. Dave is the one who sold me the WM. I had noticed he stopped posting and wondered for awhile what happened.

Reactions: hogjowl

steve_64

My brother was in the hospital last week on his 57th birthday to get stents. Today he had a quadruple bypass.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom