I lost a nice job...

Al

I was standing in it ready to rock and her insurance Co. convinced her she had to use a preferred provider :(

Bummed in CT

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
That sucks, we had a condo last month that had 3-condo's wet lost the same way.

It happens, I just focus on the one's I took from my competitors. :twisted:

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
Typically i'd tell my client let's all go look at your policy and see if it demands you(insurer) to get 3 estimates and or use a preferred vendor. If the insurer is smart enough they will do, but some out of fear of only god knows will do everything the insurance says.

Sorry for the loss.

kmdineen

Name
Kevin Dineen
Sorry to hear that Al, I am sure you would have provided an excellent service. How did the homeowner get your name, plumber referral, yellow pages? What was the name of the insurance company?

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
when i get a call the first thing i do is to get there get a quote done and start extracting. my experience is to show the customer that their best interest is your best interest and get the as confortable with you as possible. to date this has only happen to me once and that was because i had not arrive to the job before the adjuster was on the phone with her. when i do arrive and do my quote i hand them a statement regaurding the insurance laws in the state of texas and that they have the right to pick whoever they want to provide the service. i also explain that they will be pressured into using the insurances preferred vendor and most likely they will skip or overlook certian steps to maintain cost lower. this has a greater than 98 percent close and retain rate for me and if the bigger guys can do it why cant i.

remember sometimes you have to attack to get the victory! :mrgreen:

CleanEvo

I was in the restoration bus for many years... I've been there, you gotta let it roll off your back and move on. It'll go the other way some time.

Al

It was a plumber referral, the company was Amica, after a little research I found out they use the Crawford Contractor connection. They told the homeowner if I did the work they would not give them a 2 year guarantee. I explained it was her right to have the company of her choice and we guarantee our own work.
After checking into the Crawford Connection I found out I need a store front to get on their list.
I'm still working out of the home office, But
We just got our new warehouse yesterday!! It's a 16' shipping container lol. Only 75. per month I'm excited about it, we need space bad.....it's going to make life easier!!

If had gotten the lady to sign my start work authorization I would have started pumping.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
Just curious then, what would have happened if the owner would have verbally told you to go for it, and then the ins co comes along and gets the owner to change their mind?
Are verbal contracts not held up any more ?

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
in texas i beleive it would have held up but once the homeowner is convinced to use the insurances vendor, you are basically fired and then you have to get out and you send an invoice for the services provided.

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
Alfonzo!

I'm terribly sorry I haven't been able to get back to you. We finally got wireless here where I'm staying. Give me a call tomorrow afternoon!

Busy in Utah

Ed

Name
Ed Prevost
Crawford's a bitch to get on. Took us about 1 1/2 years and had to jump through more hoops than I care to remember. And they do come to your facility to verify that you actually have what you say you have.

ken horvath

In Arizona you are supposed to be licensed by the Arizona Registrar of Contractors, even for dryouts if you plan on altering anything structural (baseboard, carpet, drilling holes, etc...). They require you to warranty your work for 2 years. You may want to check your State requirements. I point out to the homeowner that they automatically get a 2 year warranty in My State because I am a licensed contractor. We are required to hold insurance specifically for this. I no longer do the re-construction and have never had a warranty issue. :D

Back
Top Bottom