I HATE SHAWN YORK!

Name
Kevin McCreary
Ken Snow said:
I'm talkin to ya now mikey~ we clean over 40,000 a year, not 20,000 a career. IMO making too much of the machine and not the most important thing, the tech, is a dangerous thing. The machine as your USP only puts you out front (and even that iss only if the customers give a shit) until someone else has one and if it goes down or you add something else like you did you are opening yourself up for lowered expectations and recleans due to perception issues. Make it about your people, your quality and your caring and in my opinion no one can ever take that away.

THANK YOU !

Mikey P

Administrator
Whats that Hagopian slogan again...

"Our certified technicians have 30% their own teeth, have a 20% command of the English language and every day is 50% off on all area rugs.!"

Just busting em Ken,

While I don't actually make a big deal out of the V, and my wife never says more than real powerful equipment over the phone, I will tone down the mentions on the website due to this incident.

I have a lot of days off in September. I'll let you all know if the Certified Cleaning Technician with all off his teeth gets ragged on over the Lima Bean.

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
LOL Mike~ I know your goofin and good for you. The first connections convention I went to a few years ago with Brian Hanna amazed us. We both thought our worst appearing tech looked better than a mojority of the cleaners/owners who attended. We have a bad reputation in our industry for a reason, we think we are all that but many don't seem to check the mirror with our customer eyeglasses on. A good shave, decent haircut, hidden tatoos (if any) no earings while working, and a nice smile go a long way toward giving a professional perception.

Mikey P

Administrator
no, she was the wife of the guy who loved my Lunchpail.

Nice couple, they feed me organic home raised tomatoes and let me abuse their Puggle.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Mikey P said:
Nice couple, they feed me organic home raised tomatoes .

did you wash the horse manure off?

hmmm..sh1t or phosphate fertilizer...guess which one I'd rather use for my fReE rAnGe salad.....

..L.T.A.

joey895

Supportive Member
Name
Joey J.
Mikey P said:
eat shit Larry.

I think he's saying you "ate shit".

Speaking of which I saw that Penn and Teller did one of their Bullshit episodes on organic foods. I missed it but hopefully I'll catch a re-run. I've always thought if everyone insisted on "organic" foods, we'd have a lot more starving people than we already do.

If you want to get rid of this "V" image problem you've created I'll be glad to trade you my Pro-1200 even up. I'll even deliver.

Loren Egland

Name
Loren Egland
Your only mistake Mikey was not putting that large strong cleaning truck mount into a van that equals its status. Even a small 10 foot or even 12 foot box van with out dual rear wheels would have been enough to impress.

People are funny. They see the truck or the machine or both and if you do a great job cleaning, they think you had nothing to do with the job. It was the truck or the machine, not you or the chemicals or anything else. That is fine with me if they want to believe that, since other cleaners do not have the same look.

It doesn't have to work for everyone. Some might be more impressed with the extra time you spend, or your credentials, or your guarantee, or something else. If you can meet all those expectations and more, who can compete with you, unless it is with price?

Ken Snow knows what he is talking about, but he doesn't understand what type of business Mikey has or how different the clientel is than his. You too could be in the same town competing, and rarely cross paths. Completely different market and marketing strategy.

Ken would never advertise big truck or big hotter machine. His market doesn't call for it.

Mikey, I know where you can get a truck like mine only newer with less miles for $6000. yuz got a keep up appearances, ya no!

Loren

www.deltasteamway.com

ronbeatty

Name
Ron Beatty
Loren, You are absolutely correct !!!!!!!!!!!!!!. I bought the Vortex's to meet the expectations of my customers. Our customers expect great service, clean and neat employees, on time, and dry as soon as possible. I don't see the problem with promoting our trucks, we just bought two so we would never have this issue. 8)
100_1364.jpg

Name
Kevin McCreary
ronbeatty said:
Loren, You are absolutely correct !!!!!!!!!!!!!!. I bought the Vortex's to meet the expectations of my customers. Our customers expect great service, clean and neat employees, on time, and dry as soon as possible. I don't see the problem with promoting our trucks, we just bought two so we would never have this issue. 8)
100_1364.jpg

You probably have two because they are built so shitty you can have at least one of them working while the other is being worked on!
The biggest P.O.S. you could ever have on six wheels! Don't buy the hype like I did guys!

Greenie

Damn....Foster's truck makes me want to refurb. the Ford 350, and drop a TNT500 in it, it's in the shop now, judging by the compression in half of the cylinders I may put a rebuilt motor in it.

Anyone know a good motor outfit that will take a 460 core ?

Box trucks are the best for Propane units for sure. If I was in Canada I'd run all three off of LPG and just have twin monster tanks. Everything would run forever, like a diesel.

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
ron beaty can you take some good pics of your led lights in the rear of your truck. i would like to do something similiar and need to show my fab guy an idea of what i want. thanks in advance!

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
IMO the unit has almost nothing to do with satisfying customer wants or accomplishing all those things stated. The operator and systems do that and can be done with virtually any clleaning unit, including Darlene's portable. This is not meant as a dig in any way on the big unit, just further addressing that when its committed to in advertising it becomes a prob if the unit is not going to be used.

ronbeatty

Name
Ron Beatty
Ken, I ran Butler's for 25 yrs. They are a great machine to give employees, but with 30 yrs. of working 6 days a week, I love the heat, and vacuum I get with the Vortex's.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
ronbeatty said:
Ken, I ran Butler's for 25 yrs. They are a great machine to give employees, .

Ron, I'm curious why the V wouldn't be just as good or better for an employee?

I've heard others say they'd never put an employee alone in their V/AT as well

is it the physical size of the truck?
size of the investment?
Too complicated for an "average" lead tech?

Thanks

..L.T.A.

ronbeatty

Name
Ron Beatty
Larry, My employees drive and operate these trucks everyday. The only reason I made the comment about employees, is I would not give them to an inexperienced operator. Most of my crew chiefs have been with me for 5 yrs. or more. We run 8 AM to 5 PM and then 8 PM to 11 PM, kind of hard to do without good help. I am very picky about the care and appearance of my equipment, so I am careful with who operates them.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
ronbeatty said:
I am very picky about the care and appearance of my equipment, so I am careful with who operates them.

I know you are, Ron
and it shows.
You stuff is top shelf

thanks for clarifying

..L.T.A.

Back
Top Bottom