I HATE SHAWN YORK!

Mikey P

Administrator
1st job today was a Sushi joint that I have posted about before. Goo/rice mixture a 1/8th of an inch thick coming out of the kitchen. More rice, gum and soy sauce everywhere.
The Lunchpail ate it all up for breakfast with ease. Propane heat, FreAk brush, slotted Green Glide and the GreAse combo of Eraser and Lightning flat out ripped it up. Asshole no personality Japanese owner never said a word about the results or that the Vortex was not there this time

2nd.
Was a home/day care we do every summer. Usually we dual it. 3 br, steps, classroom, she never said a thing about the different truck.

3rd.
A free touch up for a lady we cleaned for last week. Wasted a whole glass of Merlot and a whole bottle Poof. Not a mention about the Lima bean.

4th.
Hubby was home for the first time. I always deal with the Missus. 4 br halls.. Were wrapping up and hubby walks by and gleefully says wow nice machine! Looks like it cost a fortune and it’s so clean and tidy! Big smiles!

5th...
Front door is open so I walk in to find John the high school shop teacher looking out the window at the Bean…

Where is the big truck Mike?

In the shop John, get the tranny serviced.

Mike I’m not cool with this what so ever. You didn’t tell me you were bring a small machine here. Mike I hire you because you have that big machine. If I knew you were going to bring THAT! I would have rescheduled but I’m trapped because we’re having furniture delivered on Monday.

John that truck is brand new and will do just a good as job as my other machine.

Mike you’ve always came here and sold me on how you were the only one with a big truck like that and how great of a job it does. If I wanted a small machine I could have hired Barry’s from Monterey or Stanley Steemer. I am not happy about this at all.

Dang John , you’re a hard ass!

Damn Right I’m a hard ass Mike. I’m about ready to tell you to leave and not comeback without that big machine. Quite frankly I’m PISSED!

John, John, this machine does the same thing, it heats and sprays water water and it sucks it out, with one wand it will work just as well.

Look don’t give me any of the crap, I hire you because of the big truck, I WANT THE BIG TRUCK!

Umm,. Dang, hey what is the saying about dicks? You know..

Oh and now you’re calling me a dick?

No, no, what’s that saying? Oh yeah, it’s not the meat, it’s the motion!! John this machine will get your carpet just as clean. It’s all about the pre vacuuming, the chemicals the agitation and how we dry it trust me.

John really the other truck is overkill with just one wand (in my best larry cobb impression) one wand can only move so many cfms before it bottlenecks up and you can only flow so much water..

Oh don’t give me that shit, if I let you clean with that thing I want you to guarantee that you’ll come back if we’re not happy and I’m already not happy.

Sure thing John!

Later..

He comes out to the truck in a few to ask…

How much are you going to charge me anyhow?
Same as always John, just our minimum, $165.

At this point his wife pulls up and the first thing out of her mouth is
Oh, where is the big truck, we really want that!

Honey do you want to pay $165 to get the carpet cleaned?

Miss R I promise this truck will do just as well, really it has the same amount of vacuum, even more heat and the same exact amount of water being used.

Oh well, I guess, do a good job Mike.

I’ll admit my feelings were hurt. We always spend a lot of time catching up with these folks; I clean for their kids and lots of their friends. They usually make or buy me lunch and we sit out on their porch and enjoy the view of the river talking story.

Now I know they were just using me for my 6008 blower.

I did butter them up with some kid and car talk will the chimp cleaned the carpet. He loosened up enough that I could tell him how the last guy was so impressed with the Lunchpail..He had to laugh..

6th job.

Empty office, thank god.

Mikey P

Administrator
I told the Chimp to be prepared from more of the same when he goes out on his own in the Lima.

I'm afraid he'll tell them to gfy and get off early for once...

Name
Kevin McCreary
I serviced over 900 clients with a Vortex And now I have serviced about 750 of them with a
every day regular piece of shit 08 Extended cargo van, and no one seems to care.
Its too bad you had to build your business with a big over priced piece of shit instead of letting
your work speak for yourself!

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
wow :shock: are you ok?

where does all that hostile attitude come from?

i use my truck as an upsell, in the end if the results are not the expected or greater than expected results my company would not be growing the way it is.

i can do almost the same job i do with my v, with a smaller unit but i choose not to.
and it would take longer with smaller units.

Name
Kevin McCreary
I realized after 2 jobs that I could have a Recoil in a box truck and it would make no
difference if it where a Vortex inside the truck, Its all how you sell your services, not a truck!

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
i stated that.

i also stated and you have to be a fool not to realize that with a v you can do certian jobs faster and easier.

most of my cc jobs are 5000 sqft and over and require hose runs of 250 plus there are few units that will do this with overall ease.

Bob Foster

exhaust-1.jpg

goodquartercloseup-1.jpg

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
I have found people don't really GAS what equipment you have as long as; You treat them and their home with respect, you're dependable, they trust you, and you give them a good experience.

G

20 k plus homes; heck that is chicken feed; Try 300k plus apartments with the 20 k homes to boot then come talk to me!!!!!!

Mikey, you are going to have to ditch most of the photos of the V and redo your website unless you want more situations like you had earlier today. It makes too many references to the V and that seems like your main selling point. Your Dodge is laid out very nice and looks good. Put some photos of your crew working with it on your site. I think it would look good.

Mikey P

Administrator
danielc said:
Mikey, you are going to have to ditch most of the photos of the V and redo your website unless you want more situations like you had earlier today. It makes too many references to the V and that seems like your main selling point. Your Dodge is laid out very nice and looks good. Put some photos of your crew working with it on your site. I think it would look good.

ugh.

Ed

Name
Ed Prevost
I think what Bob is trying to say and the first thing I thought of is buy a big f'n truck and put the lunch pail in it. They'll never know the difference.

rick imby

Name
Rick
Ed said:
I think what Bob is trying to say and the first thing I thought of is buy a big f'n truck and put the lunch pail in it. They'll never know the difference.

Mikey And you thought your customers actually liked you. It was just your big Pe*** truck.

Will rates drop now your overhead is way lower? ya rite.

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
I'm talkin to ya now mikey~ we clean over 40,000 a year, not 20,000 a career. IMO making too much of the machine and not the most important thing, the tech, is a dangerous thing. The machine as your USP only puts you out front (and even that iss only if the customers give a shit) until someone else has one and if it goes down or you add something else like you did you are opening yourself up for lowered expectations and recleans due to perception issues. Make it about your people, your quality and your caring and in my opinion no one can ever take that away.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom