I got my first bad check

F

FB7777

Last bad check I received was $180 in an apartment complex

Over 8 years ago I think

A pretty solid run rate if you ask me

Don’t let it consume you..: at the end of the year, a third of it is the Government’s anyways :lol:

FredC

Village Idiot
It's the idea of receiving a letter from a lawyer that makes them open their eyes. If it were a letter from Matt Wood, they'd throw it in the trash. Keep in mind, I've only done this 3 times in my career.

but one of those times was at an apartment complex that was over 90days behind on over $400 of work. After several attempts and no money, I had my lawyer send the letter. I thought they sent it to the office only at the complex where the manager's office is. No, they found 3 other owners and sent out 4 of these letters to all of them without my knowledge, getting me paid faster, and had the property manager give me a credit card to keep on file to do the transaction at my own convenience after every job.

This is why I suggest having a lawyer send out a letter if you can't get paid

I'm talking about for checks.

The required 10 day letter has to be sent certified , It isn't going to matter much whose name is on the return.

*we are both in GA

Reactions: Living The Dream

FredC

Village Idiot
Well, I just received another bounced check. I can't believe this. Maybe we need another stimulus so people can pay their carpet cleaning bills. 😒

do they have anything in common? Unlikely but I had a debit issue with BOfA on Sept 30th that can only be explained to me as a glitch in the matrix since there was plenty of money and no security alerts were triggered.

Again, unlikely because I assume the NSF process is more in depth than a computer validation.

Name
Swani
dayum
are these com or res jobs?

..L.T.A.
do they have anything in common? Unlikely but I had a debit issue with BOfA on Sept 30th that can only be explained to me as a glitch in the matrix since there was plenty of money and no security alerts were triggered.

Again, unlikely because I assume the NSF process is more in depth than a computer validation.
These are residential jobs. The only thing they have in common is that both customers bank at the same bank. I'm wondering if the bank isn't cracking down on people and not covering overdrafts.

Reactions: Dolly Llama

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
These are residential jobs. The only thing they have in common is that both customers bank at the same bank. I'm wondering if the bank isn't cracking down on people and not covering overdrafts.
Go to their branch and see if there are funds. Could have been a glitch in the banking system. Years ago when I lived in Montreal, I bounced a couple of checks. I was working for the railroad and making good money with a healthy back account. When I went to the branch to see what was going on, it turns out that they are a training centre for new employees. Someone had transposed numbers and the wrong account was used. I transferred to another branch and had no other issues.

Name
Nate W.
You’re lucky it’s small amounts.. Wait till you get the WDR $20k + amounts over 120days and the try to ghost you..

You take it to court out of principle.. Breaking even or losing money..

I tend to lean more to check over CC if the amount is greater than $1k..

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom