How many of you use the give away spotter bottles?

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
You know the ones you get with your name and number printed right on them.. are they worth it? Do you see alot of repeat jobs from handing them out?

who makes the best of these spotter bottles? and why u think that?

please post pics of your spotters so i can see what they actually look like.

Jim Nazarian

Name
Jim Nazarian
Since I like VacAways products it was a no brainier to give out or even sell custom spotters, numerous customers have told me they go looking for my spotting bottle instead of a business card when they need my services, custys call wanting a refill or purchase bottles for their friends & family...don't leave home without it!!!

http://vacaway.com/vaCustomSpotters/

I love Jon Don's

FrogSpit.jpg

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
i get mine from Vacaway. he makes them somewhat custom to your biz: your logo, your name and number etc...

mine is labeled as Poof! but since he doesnt make Poof! anymore, it is the other spotter he makes (cant recall the name).

i am on my 2nd box of 100. i dont know about repeat business....i just look at it as a little value added service for my very small resi clientele.

Al

We make our own and get Tons of work from our spotter program! We use 32 0z bottles. We sell it in 2 local hardware stores and our referral hubs. It has a 19.95 sticker for percieved value but we give them out like business cards. We just handed out 90 bottles at a chamber event we hosted and we got 2300. in work within the first couple of days. Customers have called to say we left an important item for cleaning at their home, then they find out it's for them. It's always "Wow" you guy's even make your own product!

This was a recent comment in my email!

Hi Kyle,

Here is a testimonial about the cleaning product you make.

“I am thrilled with the service that I have received from Al’s. My carpets look brand new after they have been here, which is tough since we have two kids and two dogs. I love the spot remover cleaner that Al supplies me with as well. It takes out any stain and removes all smell, it truly is amazing. After trying just about every product on the market, this one is really the best, I wouldn’t use anything else.

100_2793.jpg

People also go to the hardware store hunting for our spotter because they heard about it.

I forget what they cost us, i posted it before around 2 bucks though.

8)

Chris A

Name
Chris
Chris and Al your designs both kick ass. We use Jon Don, but just uploaded our logo into the provided template. We just got back into it again, and bought 16 and 8 ounce bottles, once the 8 oz. are gone we're gonna solely buy the 16s, 8 oz. is just too small.

Al

once the 8 oz. are gone we're gonna solely buy the 16s, 8 oz. is just too small.

Maybe you could give the client both sizes and ask them to give the small one to a friend?

Just a thought.

Thanks for the compliment!

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
Just ran out of spotters need to order more, prefer the trigger sprayer vs lift top. I like Al's 32 oz, we had the 8oz ones. Also used Vacaways, good design.

Many people have asked to buy from us but we only have the 8 oz bottles. :?

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
Chris,

that is an awsome spotter bottle.. WOW i bet your customers love it.. and the frog is kinda cute.. oh and nice web site!! Way better than mine.

C&S said:
Chris,

that is an awsome spotter bottle.. WOW i bet your customers love it.. and the frog is kinda cute.. oh and nice web site!! Way better than mine.

Wow

Thanks Scott. I paid to have that spotter label made then JD prints it. My customers love how it works and I love how JD label is printed so the ink wont run if it gets a drip on it. I also wanted a look that was all mine just like Al's spotter.

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
Chris Muetterties said:
[quote="C&S":3m3ejnyl]Chris,

Wow

Thanks Scott. I paid to have that spotter label made then JD prints it. My customers love how it works and I love how JD label is printed so the ink wont run if it gets a drip on it. I also wanted a look that was all mine just like Al's spotter.[/quote:3m3ejnyl]

I like the Frog spit.. kinda of make me want to make Leprechaun piss!! :mrgreen: seriously we have started switching all of our retail and cleaning customers over to spot out for three simple reasons. 1) it works great 2) It doesn't leave residue thus no rinsing needed and 3) its a neutral spotter and has never set a stain permenantly when we have come to try advance removal.

CleanEvo

Al said:
We make our own and get Tons of work from our spotter program! We use 32 0z bottles.

Hey Al, do you mind sharing how you make your spotter?

Thanks

Al

Hey Al, do you mind sharing how you make your spotter?

OK,

On the outside:

Andrechelle and Mark helped me design the label
ALS_spotter.jpg

Less Jones (Judson) Taught me this trick!

100_2779.jpg

This is a Manual label machine from ULine around 25 bucks I think? We lay the label in place on the tape and roll the bottle over it and it makes a real sharp label that can't run, peel or fade.

100_2774.jpg

These are good jugs for filling your bottles.

On the inside: TRASHED Green Label from Magic Wand @10oz to 5 gallons plus our secret additive (1 drop of green food coloring to 5 gallons) Gives it a nice green tint.

We are on Magic Wands rider for insurance purposes.

Then we got it approved by CRI

http://www.carpet-rug.org/commercial-cu ... nuf_id=104
CRI link

When you get your spotter make sure to do a press release!
Also if you get it approved that is news worthy!

Al

Yeah,
We wanted something with no residue and a green product

We tested the Trashed Green Label and it ROCKS! It has peroxide in it and is super on pet stains. The customer feedback is way better than we ever thought. Lots of people say it's the best spotter they ever used.

Trashed GL is a great pre spray too.

8)

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
I like it Al.

Couple of questions.

How many spotters do you sell from your site on a monthly basis?
How many spotters do you sell while in the home cleaning as an upsell?
How many spotters do you sell from any other form of advertising and marketing?

Are the spotters shipped w/ any other gizmos or left in a nifty bag in the home?

thx,

Bill

Al

I Like Chris's too!!!

I didn't want to make it sound like we sell tons of spotter :oops:

I'm not trying to make money off the product, were in the Marketing business and want to give them to as many potentials as we can.

We alway's give it to clients and refill their bottles anytime and give them one for a friend. Hand them to people walking their dog or hand them out at meetings and events.
I was thrilled that we gave away 90 bottles at our last event! We hear feedback all the time.

The hardware stores that we sell in sell a few per month, nothing major but many more people see it on the shelf. It makes us look good!

Carpet retailers sell a few per month.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom