How many of you promote Same Day Service?

How many of you promote Same Day Service?

• I do.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Mikey P

Administrator
I'm always amazed when I see OOs advertising this. Sure there are plenty of days where we can come out at the end of the day but why create a client base that will grow to depend on it?

Rex Tyus

Ditto Mikey. Servicing a rural market as we do it is not only impractical, it would be extremely UNprofitable. There are times when existing customers will be in a tight and we can accomodate. But it is nothing I would promote.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
"why create a client base that will grow to depend on it?"

Cuz you're a carpet cleaner...and it's yor job......at some point you'll be happy wit a client....... anyday!

25% of my work...come in on that morning...sayin'.......

Please Mr Bob........

diamond brian

Same-day service = excess capacity = not maximizing use of assets.

OK for an O/O carpet cleaner, I guess. But, consistent mediocrity of this type would get you canned in the real world.

TimP

I probably could do same day service. But for the same reason that I can do same day I can get to them within the next day or two anyway. Usually I find that people who need this service have something weird going on. Most people are happy getting the work done within the week. Maybe I can advertise service within 1 week guaranteed but I don't know if that would make it look like I'm not in demand. I find sometimes it don't hurt to make the customer think you're super busy and make them feel lucky to get you in their door.

Weebco

Name
Gary Wiebe
No same day service, I am a one man show and want to book when I want to book.
My son has a carpet cleaning business in Michigan with several employees and he has same day service.

We have had that a tag line on our YP ad and have found it as a great way to meet NEW clients.

Does that mean we can take every same day call ? NOOOOOOOOO

I do love it when I get that extra job in it sure feels like all profit that day :mrgreen:

Chris

As I am always making my YP smaller I am not sure that is still in my ad

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
Skinny HATES it when he calls me tellin' me that's he's DONE........for the day....and i tell him he's got another!

Sometime's i'll say it's "jus a two roomer" and he gets there and it's the Whole House...Hahahahaha!

Nary a whimper......

Bob Foster

The only one that gets same day service is my wife and that usually excludes Monday to Friday but that depends....

cmaster

Name
Paul Budnik
Don't knock it 'til you try it. There is usually very little resistance to price for same day service :D

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Funny how it goes and how different it can be.
Unlike Paul, my experience is that the last moment callers are usually the most price resistant.
They want it now, they are willing to pay peanuts, they are very demanding and the last time they vacuumed their carpeting was in the Johnson administration.
And in the unlikely event that they ever come back, they expect instantaneous service. It is like raising brats for life.
The only time I say yes is for my good loyal existing clients, or if I am desperate.

RandyHilburn

We've never tried promoting Same Day service, but serve the customer within our regular pricing structure: Special services such as After Hours service, Emergency service and Holiday service does cost more. After Hours is billed at time and a half (after 6pm and weekends). The Emergency service is billed at a double time the standard rate and also guarantees that one tech (and a truck) will be on customers site within 30 to 45 minutes. Holiday service is double time. These rates cover my increased payroll cost of serving the customer when they need service.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I always promote
"Possibly the same day"
Doesn't hurt and as Cmaster said, they will pay dearly for a same day service and I don't mind chargin them for it.

Rex Tyus

kolfer1 said:
Funny how it goes and how different it can be.
Unlike Paul, my experience is that the last moment callers are usually the most price resistant.
They want it now, they are willing to pay peanuts, they are very demanding and the last time they vacuumed their carpeting was in the Johnson administration.
And in the unlikely event that they ever come back, they expect instantaneous service. It is like raising brats for life.
The only time I say yes is for my good loyal existing clients, or if I am desperate.

That has been my experience as well. They don't plan, they are disorganized, the place is a disaster, mother in law is coming in that nite (they knew of the visit for 3 months) 6 kids from age 2 up, all up in the way, dirty laundy all over the floor, magazines everywhere, everyone is at home as no one works, the check just came in.....

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Odin,
Shit does not happen.
It's a myth.

It is a prolonged process the end of which results in..........

Mikey P

Administrator
shit happens and if you can take care of it you have a customer for life

Keep dreaming. Most of the time it's a coupon shopper or even worse a half ass real estate agent who does not know how to plan ahead.

They will work their way from A to Z in the YP next time as well.

oh I forgot, you cater to coupon shoppers.

Carry on.

Would you leave the golf course between the 8th and 9th hole to service one of them?

I didn't think so.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Odin,
Now you got us all confused.
First we hear your Mac and cheese affordability diet stories.
Then Mikey tells us that you lent Bill as in Gates, the money to buy Yahoo.
And now you are golfing with Warren Buffett!

Have you no shame?
Indeed, shit happens.

Rex Tyus

If an owner operator can consistantly provide same day service they have deep and serious problems. Not arrogance just the only being human part.

TimP

I surely can't do it consistantly. I have other things going on in my life. But if I can squeeze it in before 5 meaning I don't have a full day and I feel in the mood I'll do it. Most of the time I can cause I don't have full days and if they call early in the morning chances are I'll have time. But if I have other plans I can't and if I can't, I can't. And if I loose them, then I don't really care cause if they can't work with me I can't work with them. We both have to give and I'm usually pretty flexible. I'll often times work them in on a weekend if their days are limited. Often times it depends on the situation.

Farenheit251

I considered it strongly this Summer, but got too busy. Wouldn't want to do it for resi, but for property managers it would be a good way to get my foot in the door and show them high flow w/ heat. So many of them just accept mediocrity until I show them better. Of course I'm not giving them the 12 step process.

I went from buying vacuums and rotaries for multistep in the winter to trying to get my time under 5 minutes a room this busy summer. I really need to decide which way to go but at least I'm making money in a tight economy.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
every one on here can do it their own way. Some are saying if you do, you have serious problems or you are an idiot or your business sucks. Some are saying that if you don't then you are not good customer service and not taking advantage of a good business opportunity.

No situation will be the same and you are an idiot if you think any of what was said so far is a rule.

Sometimes I can do it, sometimes I will do it, sometimes I can't, sometimes I won't.

WFD.
:roll:

Chris A

Name
Chris
I can almost always squeeze in another job in my day, and my wife usually takes advantage of that. I enjoy making money.

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
Same day next week, maybe. I'll work it in if I can, no extra charge. If I can't do it, I'll call one of my local cc'er buds to see if he can do it. We exchange referrals and it works well to keep our schedules smoother.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom