Hired a guy

Trip Moses

IMOL
Name
Trip Moses
Damon,

I know it sounds cliché and I certainly don't want to insult you. However, it's all in your perspective.. Some guys, including myself would love to experience the problems you're having as opposed to not having the money to buy new or upgraded equipment to expand into new markets or worse, being forced to close up shop.

These are good problems to have! Is it fun.. nope. But these problems are a testament to the simple fact that you are doing everything right and succeeding. You're winning even though it feels like you're losing.. Is it perfect and exactly the way you'd prefer to experience a growth spurt? I think we all know what the answer is.

Use this opportunity for growth as a positive as much as possible. Retrain this carpet cleaner so he does everything exactly as you would.

As Willy said, train him right, treat him right. You need help and he needs work because he's got bills that need to be paid.. this is a mutually beneficial situation... You wouldn't be in this spot if you didn't know what to do. Follow your gut.. you'll be fine.. You got this!

Remember, this is a good situation to be in. The hardest part is just seeing it for what it really is, instead of focusing on what it isn't.

I wish you much continued success with your business.
I appreciate your post. I’ve spent 30 grand this summer plus floated 70 grand getting ready for expansion next spring. It’s stressful as hell getting out of a comfort zone. Perspective and perception are a bitch. Let me rephrase that. They’re a mindphuq. This board and the jerk holes on here keep me going.

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
Damon,

I know it sounds cliché and I certainly don't want to insult you. However, it's all in your perspective.. Some guys, including myself would love to experience the problems you're having as opposed to not having the money to buy new or upgraded equipment to expand into new markets or worse, being forced to close up shop.

These are good problems to have! Is it fun.. nope. But these problems are a testament to the simple fact that you are doing everything right and succeeding. You're winning even though it feels like you're losing.. Is it perfect and exactly the way you'd prefer to experience a growth spurt? I think we all know what the answer is.

Use this opportunity for growth as a positive as much as possible. Retrain this carpet cleaner so he does everything exactly as you would.

As Willy said, train him right, treat him right. You need help and he needs work because he's got bills that need to be paid.. this is a mutually beneficial situation... You wouldn't be in this spot if you didn't know what to do. Follow your gut.. you'll be fine.. You got this!

Remember, this is a good situation to be in. The hardest part is just seeing it for what it really is, instead of focusing on what it isn't.

I wish you much continued success with your business.
Thank you for such a thoughtful response. Your words have been on my mind the last 2 days as I blunder my way through life. I appreciate your perspective. sometimes we forget how good we have it. Many of you have watched my growth from starting with a porty and a run out AT&T van and asking every annoying question in the book. Having too much work is a good problem.

Last edited:

hogjowl

Idiot™
I appreciate your post. I’ve spent 30 grand this summer plus floated 70 grand getting ready for expansion next spring. It’s stressful as hell getting out of a comfort zone. Perspective and perception are a bitch. Let me rephrase that. They’re a mindphuq. This board and the jerk holes on here keep me going.
You’re welcome

Name
Jeff T
My part timer maybe full timer took a test ride with me today. I gave him a better offer and I know he’s a great guy that’ll represent my company well. 🤞
Jebus. Buy him some Dockers, and a polo shirt… maybe a great guy, but he kinda looks like a dirt bag, no offence intended…

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
I am so busy and stressed out. I'm turning down jobs, getting backed up on rugs, and am just generally in a bad mood all the time. I need some help.

I just want to get to the point where I can stay home and trade options for 15 minutes on Monday mornings, spend the rest of the week working on my jeep and playing with my kids.
That's callt ... retired!
Get Back to work....
Ohh an thank you!

• Haha
Reactions: Willy P

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Jebus. Buy him some Dockers, and a polo shirt… maybe a great guy, but he kinda looks like a dirt bag, no offence intended…
GOOB!

I called him and asked him if he would consider working with me. We met after work at his place, and talked some while eating some RiceCrispy Treats and ginger ale, I told him I had one more job at a little apartment if he wanted a taste of what I do. He said, "let's go". And there's the pic. He's in his work clothes from a full day of work at the factory he works at currently.

Trip Moses

IMOL
Name
Trip Moses
Y’all’s problem is your hiring a job were there is no demand. Your customers already have you. Your future employee is already among their customers. You can have vertical growth within the same service.

Chris A

Name
Chris
I am so busy and stressed out. I'm turning down jobs, getting backed up on rugs, and am just generally in a bad mood all the time. I need some help.

I just want to get to the point where I can stay home and trade options for 15 minutes on Monday mornings, spend the rest of the week working on my jeep and playing with my kids.

I think you're in good company right now. Every self employed person I know that is any good at what they do is busier then they've ever been, and getting tired of it.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Y’all’s problem is your hiring a job were there is no demand. Your customers already have you. Your future employee is already among their customers. You can have vertical growth within the same service.
Canyoudumbthatstatementdownalittlemore?Mykeyboardisscrewedupandthespacebarisnt'working.I'monmywaytowalmartforanewkeyboardlatertoday

Trip Moses

IMOL
Name
Trip Moses
Canyoudumbthatstatementdownalittlemore?Mykeyboardisscrewedupandthespacebarisnt'working.I'monmywaytowalmartforanewkeyboardlatertoday
Hire people to do shit you don’t want to do in places you don’t want to go. Don’t hire people to do shit you are already doing.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom