Hey, Meg (or other office managers)...

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Surprise John. Do a reverse call forwarding for the likes of that client.
And if John wants to remove the reverse forwarding, inform him (sweetly): It'll cost ya.

That way- Everybody wins :winky:

Monique

Name
Monique
Hi Darcie... I manage the office for both of Mikey's locations. When someone asks for Mike/Davis/Ely directly I first ask them if they have a scheduling question and immediately mention that whoever they're asking for is out at a job, and that they dont have a way to take care of scheduling and reassure them they are talking to who they need to be to take care of their appointment needs. That always weeds out the telemarketers(they just hang up) and the people who have legit tech questions will then get a return call from the technician when they have a free moment(which I also mention could be the end of the day or as late as the following day). Cover your bases and let the rest roll off your back.

Mikey P

Administrator
'
2014-08-23 09.13.22.jpg

Want me to use this one?

Reactions: Monique

darcie smith

Name
darcie smith
Hi Darcie... I manage the office for both of Mikey's locations. When someone asks for Mike/Davis/Ely directly I first ask them if they have a scheduling question and immediately mention that whoever they're asking for is out at a job, and that they dont have a way to take care of scheduling and reassure them they are talking to who they need to be to take care of their appointment needs. That always weeds out the telemarketers(they just hang up) and the people who have legit tech questions will then get a return call from the technician when they have a free moment(which I also mention could be the end of the day or as late as the following day). Cover your bases and let the rest roll off your back.
Some people you just can't talk to. It's like we weren't even speaking the same language. Thanks, it's nice to meet you.

Reactions: Monique

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I left him and a few months later he quit the job.
Remember this, YOU are in control. Men are a dime a dozen. You deserve to be treated like a queen and with respect.

If at anytime during the relationship the status quo changes, its time to change the man. :winky:

Oh and your father hasn't told me anything about your ex's, this is just a general statement.

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
Some people you just can't talk to. It's like we weren't even speaking the same language. Thanks, it's nice to meet you.

One of the most important things I've learned in my long life is this:

Don't let a negative experience with one immature individual get under your skin too much.

1. When you are "brought down" and even just distracted by this inadequate person's interaction with you, it has an influence on how you deal with all of the good people you talk to all day. The rest of your customers deserve your best, so don't let that person in any way diminish your interactions with everyone else.

2. From a personal perspective, don't invite this jerk into your thoughts and feelings. You wouldn't dream of having this jerk over for dinner or a visit. Yet when we ponder them and their words in our minds, we invite them into a far more intimate place than our homes: We invite them into our very being.

OK, I know you are a strong woman, and likely have already put this person and experience into proper perspective, but I think its something worth thinking about.

Final thought from "Old Uncle Jim"

I am no fan of Ayn Rand as an author or a human being, but knowing you are a reader, you may have read "The Fountainhead"

In it there is an exchange between the antagonist, Toohey, and the protaganist, Roarke:

Toohey: "Mr. Roark, we're alone here. Why don't you tell me what you think of me? In any words you wish. No one will hear us."

Roark: "But I don't think of you"

Its my favorite "put down", and my favorite way to defeat those who would invade my peace of mind.

darcie smith

Name
darcie smith
I am no fan of Ayn Rand as an author or a human being, but knowing you are a reader, you may have read "The Fountainhead"
Of course I have, it's just been a very long time. I remember I liked it, but not much more than that. Thanks for your kind words, as always

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom