and whats the valve for??? just a crack and it draws or what

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Mikey P said:
Lookie what Les set me up with.

Fool proof chem draw system.

you'd think a TM that costs a million bukz would already have a RELIABLE chem feed.... :roll:

BuTlEr is the other one

of the dudes that advocate clear water rinse only, my contention has always been...they never had a RELIABLE chem feed system and got fed up with those quirky junk chem pumps...

..L.T.A.

Blue Monarch

Supportive Member
Name
Dirk Wingrove
Someone needs to post a step by step(with pics) instructional post on how to do this.

Seems like an easy enough setup that works. Makes me wonder why some of the manu's do it the way they do.

gasaxe

its really simple. install a t fitting inline of your fresh water inlet run a hose to the top side of the dwyer flowmeter, then a hose from the bottom side of the flowmeter to a jug. I would put a screen fitting on the line to your jug. You also need a valve on the fresh water inlet side in order to restrict flow. once you start restricting water inflow to the pump then it will start sucking from the flowmeter/chemjug. If you use a flowmeter with the little black knob then you can pull a little higher number like 5 or 6 then dial it down to 2 or 3 etc.
If you dont have a freshwater tank and hook up to a spigot then u need a watts regulator and a check/footvalve on the jug side of the flowmeter. That way u can restrict the water pressure coming in and the check/footvalve will keep water from back flowing through the flowmeter into your chem jug.

my last step works great. cant imagine going back to a siphon system.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Blue Monarch said:
Makes me wonder why some of the manu's do it the way they do.

I don't "know" this to be true, Dirk, but i suspect it's because of all the CRAPPY emulsifiers on the market ("crappy in regards to scale making in spades) and dudes too lazy or stupid to know when or how to descale

siphon feed systems run detergent thru the pump and heater coils

..L.T.A.

Blue Monarch

Supportive Member
Name
Dirk Wingrove
My bad, I was thinking this was possible on the outlet side of the pump.

I'm not too interested in running junk through the pump and HX.

There is no problem running extraction chemical through the pump. It actually helps it. It lubricates it.

When a pump is pumping water only, there is a lot more friction between the plunger and the rubber seals.
Judson has been doing this injection system for 35 years now and we know for a fact that it extends the life of the pumps.

The chemical injection systems that you see on units are all from the pressure washing industry. In that industry, there are higher costic chemicals being used, so they definitely don't want them to go through the pump. As far as the carpet cleaning industry, I can 't think of an extraction chemical on the market that would actually damage the pump by running it through it.

I think maybe an acid might do some harm, but would probably just corrode the actual metal of the pump. There is one thing about this system. It is extremely reliable. Basically the only way it can fail is if the pump has a problem.

gasaxe

Mikey P said:
Anyone who owns a Prochem or Blue Line POS chem pump would be outright nuts to not go this route.

what kinda problems did you have?? Mine works great. had a issue with the check valve getting crap in it and it would backflow but i think i got that fixed.

Greenie

I like Mike's a little more, but this is the set up I had when I cleaned (before having access to Les's wisdom), in fact the pump still ran fine the day i removed it, if someone needs a pump cheap ready to go, just PM me.

SimpleSyphon01.jpg

As you can see, I had the starve set with a ball valve barely closed, and the regulator bypass came in close to the pump head, and the dwyer fed in between....foolproof, always worked.

I can think of another reason to Stay with a simple siphon, you don't have to worry about blowing diaphrams and bypassing your chem system just because you are running high pressure, 800 psi is brutal on diaphram pumps.
And O2 rinse cleans HXers not scales them.

CleanEvo

Mikey P said:
Anyone who owns a Prochem or Blue Line POS chem pump would be outright nuts to not go this route.

My Prochem chem feed has always works great. I did just have it taken apart and serviced, but that was just for maintenance.

They call it a last step stainless steel chemical injection system.

What should I be watching out for and what are the problems with this system?

cbcsi

watch for following problem ... No sucky soap. frequent solution troubleshoot vacuum leak, stuck check valve or blown diaphram.

Greenie

Turn it off before you clean tile at 1000psi, and don't use a Greenhorn at 750psi if you want the rubber diphram to work. Other than that, it's fine, unnecessary added cost, but fine.

CleanEvolve said:
Mikey P said:

My Prochem chem feed has always works great. I did just have it taken apart and serviced, but that was just for maintenance.

They call it a last step stainless steel chemical injection system.

What should I be watching out for and what are the problems with this system?

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
is there any reason at all that one could not just put a straight chemical injector inline and be done with it....

410Lm0FugNL_SL500_AA280_.jpg

DE-200-3C-Series-C-Injector.jpg

injector_general.jpg

you can get them fixed rate....

or any type of an adjustable rate ...and in any thread size you need.....

they also have some that are duel port for us that run 2 different tanks....

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
My Cleanco has always run chem THRU the pump.

Had a PC with the diaphram cheector and was always a POS.

But other than a seal replacement for the cat 5cp everything is good.

Maybe Cleanco knows what they are doing.

Shane T

Name
Shane Tiegs
Jim, The Dema valve you show in the middle is the one I have used for years. Installed on the inlet side of pump, it has adjustments to reduce(restrict) water flow through it and another to adjust chem feed. Used along with an adjustable Dwyer meter you can dial in real nice.
Les, The only problem I have had with this type of system is when I change to an upholstery tool. Seems the dramatically lower flow causes the Dema not to draw unless I adjust the restriction. Do you have any answers to this?

The Preacher

admiralclean said:
Les:

If you gave him that for free, I am not buying another jug of O2 from you ever again.

Les, say or type yes as fast as you can, getting rid of MArdy that easy is a blessing!!!

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
once you have a properly installed chem draw...you will THROW that stupid dema away.....the real main purpose is to contol the BACKFLOW and that is what a FOOTVALVE does.......

Jimbo

Greenie or Les should make a plug and play Dema kit for owners who have a last step chem pump...to use as a backup for when a chem pump diaphram goes out...

Might sell a few of them.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
I have been studying this and talking with a lot of pressure wash guys and they tell me the best way for me to go that is worry free is to take the one in the third picture and put it in line with the cat pump.......
branch it off to my adjustable Dwyer meter..and from there to my 3 way valve ( left tank ..right tank..off )

that way I have full control over it on which tank I want to use plus I can shut it off if needed.....
and of course a foot/one way valve in each jug

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
Mikey P said:
I haven't had problem 1 with my system. I regularly run heat wave, white lightning, power point, end zone, fab set and fab clean. Not to mention additives like boost all, buff all, lemon apple or cinamin deos.

Name
BradFenstermaker
Mikey or Jim

Mikey or Jim does your hot water bypass/recirculate back into the fresh? If so how does the chem not get to the freshtank?

I believe mine bypass's so was told this type of chem inject would not work. Correct me if I am wrong please.

Really don't want to bother with the inj pumps. Been just mixing in the h2o tank.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom