Has anyone seen this before?

mdash29

Has anyone heard of ruining a marble floor with water and bleach? I looked at the floor and you have to get the light just right to see anything wrong. I did see some little dots that looked like water spots. I tried to wipe them up but to no avail. Has anyone else run into this problem? I didn't do the damage but they asked me about it and if there is anything I could do to help them.

Michael

Motomark

Dry sweep with cotton flat dust mop followed by mopping floor with a netural warm water rinse low moisture and high speed buffing with a white Pad using a marble polish
If that dose not work will have to be honed with a marble polishing powder from some one that has experience restoring Marble floors 8)

TimP

High alkalinity will damage marble in addition to acid.

Like said above repolishing should help. If you have a 175 buffer, get you some monkey pads and make you a couple bucks a ft. Marble needs to be repolished/honed every so often anyway. It's really not that difficuilt of a process. (I actually participated in polsihing some marble and the hardest part to me is picking the grits and that comes with experience).

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom