Greenie's new 2 inch wand

adamh

Supportive Member
Name
Adam Hale
I think its the best wand I have ever had. I will sell my TI wands and get 2 more of these things. He designed it so the jets hit perfectly. The carpets clean easier and dry faster. Its a little heavier but worth it. Only $599 with a glide. About half a glided TI wand

adamh

Supportive Member
Name
Adam Hale
5 jets 010 flow about 4 or 5 inches shorter than the TI. I don't have any pics but maybe Greenie does.

G

Greenie needs to advertise what he sells.

Many on here.. buy hose and stuff. only to find out that he sells it.

Many here like myself.. only think that he sells glides. I must be wrong.

I've tweaked here a bit lately.. locally.. because I dont know who sells what if they dont let us.

right or wrong?

and YES>. I do have greenglides. lol

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Here is a jet view of the modified 2" wand:

14gwands.jpg

Greenie does not have the GunJet on his design.

Larry Cobb

Attachments

• 14gwands.jpg
    14gwands.jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 247
B

Bill

Larry Question

Question Larry, does each jet have its own no drip check valve, or is it set up like Butler wand with one no drip check vale at the handle?

Are all check valves made by the same company? Those little puppies are starting to get expensive.

What kind of valve is in "gun" style trigger handle? What do you have to disassemble to put in a rebuild kit?

Bill in central Florida

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Bill;

The Greenie check valves are between the the Veejet & the jet bar.

Greenie also designed the jet bar extension that moves the larger Veejets back and angles them toward the glide (not shown in the photo).

The Gunjet in the picture is an option that some customers prefer with the 2" tube.

Greenie uses a stainless "light touch" valve.

Larry Cobb
Mikey Board Supporting Member

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
My castex has always had check valves and the ability to change the angle of the jets.Glides easy without the need for a piece of plastic on the bottom.

G

Dave Gill.

get the screens for your jets.. from Butler.

the best money you will spend.
I use to get a clog.. and its a PITA..

I havent had one single clog.. in over 3 years.. since I screwed the screens in the jets.. then screwed them in the manifold.

they work.

Just sharing info buddy. I think they're about 9 bucks each..

JohnnyV

I'm sure that Lisa has no problem with Greenie's wand:I can assure you that she is not the kind of Lady to settle.You should all be so Lucky to have a Lady like here Tweaking yor wands.

JohnnyV

Farenheit251

Meat that tinfoil head comment is way off and I wouldn't want it to discourage anyone looking at this great wand. Sure it pales in comparison to your Titanium wand. But the Titanium cost twice as much and they are not making it anymore. I found this wand to be very well constructed and much better constructed than the Westpac and other cheap chinese wands. Brian E

G

Heck..glide a wand.. 2" to the wand.. and get some good flow.. and tweak the vac lines.. and they all work good.

I think the westpak is a fine wand. Its the first to make me put down my Butler wand.. and that included the PC ti wand. I didnt like it.

But a wand is like a putter in golf. .. to each their own. some swear by this one.. some by that one.

I'm just having to get use to the 2" grip. I miss my 1.5'' grip.. but told my bro' in law.. i'll hang in there and trust him. lol (as if Greenie and many others.. didnt tell me the same thing)

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
"that tinfoil head comment is way off and I wouldn't want it to discourage anyone looking at this great wand."

Don't take it personal, Brian.
It DOES have a flimsy head compared to high quality wands

I played with one that was hooked to a new ThermalWave at a disty get together
The head to tube joint flexed worse than my cheap AW29 wands
I wasn't impressed at all, and mentioned to a friend how flimsy the head was.

maybe with the teflon, check valves and Greenie's adjustments it's worth a few bucks more, but the stock wand looks like $250 to $300 wand to me.

..L.T.A.

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
thanks for the tip but i was talking about the the clogging in the head of the wand. it doesn't take much for something to clog up the head of the want just before the tube. i have to take out the rubber plugs every day and clean out the head. it is getting old.
thanks for the screen tip though..
Dave

G

My bad Dave. lol

thought you were talking about jets clogging.

yep.. the screens are great.. well worth any money spent.

Take care.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Meat;

I have both the AW29 and the 14" CMP wand.

The 14" x 2" has no flex at all compared to the AW29.

The AW29 has thinner stainless and a much flimsier connection at the head!

It must have been a different wand hooked up to the BL TM.

Larry Cobb

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
might of been, Larry, can't say for sure.

It looked the same though, and also had the pressure wash gun on the handle.
There was no glide on and not only were the jets angled a bit, but the head is a bit more at an angle as well.

I ASSumed, it was the stock wand that came with the Thermalwave.

..L.T.A.

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
Larry,

Before the modifications the CMP/Blueline wand points straight down at the carpet like your AW29, in fact CMP makes your AW29 as well. It sounds like you might have tried a Wesrtpak, it has angled jets. We do not use the Westpak as our base to modify from because we have had issues with that wand.

Both the CMP/Blueline and the Westpak we consider "5 year wands". They are lightweight stainless steel, and will dent and not last nearly as long as a titanium, PMF or HydraMaster wand, but for the money they are an excellent performing wand....ESPECIALLY now that the titanium is no longer made in the solid titanium construction. We do not care for the "bi-ti" at all.

Until someone makes a truly high end "career wand" with all the goodies again, we feel the CMP14 is the best bang for the buck right now.

We have not had issues with the head of the CMP clogging....EVER. The Butler does because it is a narrower "attic chamber" with less volume AND it is a 1.5" tube which does not suck as hard. The large attic chamber and the 2" tube of the CMP seem to evacuate the head very nicely with no clogs.

Take care,
Lisa

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
sold!!!
i will call in a day or so to place my order. i also may as well replace the solution line before i get the black death...i have 400 hrs on the old girl.
thanks Lisa
Dave

Greenie

Not that you need to hear from me, but if Meat did demo the ERGO wand from BlueLine, it's possible that raised forward handle was flexing, it cold use some stiffening up, it's a pretty long piece of steel for the leverage placed on it.

If I were to put any high pressure style handle on top of a wand, I would mount them with a steeper angle, more vertical than the ones I see commonly, the only company I see do it right so far is Stanley steemer.

That said, if a guy used a 2" wand with a feather touch valve with short pull activation and a glide, he wouldn't even be looking at the high pressure valves.

You can now order this "greenhorn kit" on a CMP wand from one of the forward thinking dealers here on Mikey's board, it was suggested to sell for $699 with glide in the new year.

As for CLOGGED jets, every single wand sold should come with a SINGLE in line strainer at the QD, this ONE strainer is much easier to service than one on each jet, and more likely to be service by a technician. It's one of those no brainer things that makes we wonder why they don't come stock?

Of course I also don't know why you would use a wand with jets 5" off the carpet either, like a castex.
:0

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom