Mikey P

Administrator
manhole.jpg

any of you do this?

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
can you legally do that without taking on liability for an open man hole.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
guy here in town got a ticket...court date...and a big fine for that

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
you guys are marrying gay people. ..........man hole covers are the least of your city problems.......

Name
I'm Rick James
Even if it is ok to do, i wouldn't do it. Just think if people/future customers saw that, it is a bad image for your company, even though it may be legal.

Also it may piss off the city people because they have to use those manholes and your product could coat the walls on the inside of a manhole. It a reckless way to discard used cleaning chemicals IMHO.

Wow :shock:

Mikey P

Administrator
Also it may piss off the city people because they have to use those manholes and your product could coat the walls on the inside of a manhole. It a reckless way to discard used cleaning chemicals IMHO.

Coat the walls?

GIve me a break, not gonna happen doing it one time.

Reckless?

Dude, It's the only legal way to dump in this state, into the sewer system.

What does it matter if I use a clean out port, a toilet, sink or manhole cover to access the same channel to the reclamation plant?

I only do this on side streets where traffic is not an issue.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
as long as it's a sewer and not a storm drain you are fine.
No matter how you get it in the sewer as long as it gets in there.

Name
I'm Rick James
See since I use green products I make Mac & Cheese out of mine. :mrgreen: .

Mike I dont know man its just weird that you used a manhole to dump the water. I have never seen or heard of that and its kinda funny that you'd do it. I'm gonna save that picture cause it's a crack up.
It also just seems unprofessional IMHO and future customer MAY think that too. Like "ooh whats he dumping in there, is it toxic and gonna turn the sewers glowing green"????
But hey thats just me, you can dump where you want. :wink:

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Mikey;

I would look for sewer access on customer property.

If you look, you can usually find them in the front yard.

I've been taking photos of customer sewer access ports. There are several different types.

I think they are the best solution to empty the recovery tank.

Larry

Becker

Name
Becker
Ive never seen a sewer clean out in the yard of any house I've cleaned.

Is if common with houses built on slabs?

Most of the houses here have crawl spaces under the homes.

Spokane, most have basements, or crawlspaces.

Most clean outs I have even seen are in the basement or crawlspace.

On my house the only clean out is inthe basement.

As for lifting a man hole.

I'm not sure I'd want to take the chance..
1. screwing with city property.
2. not knowing if it is sewer or storm drain.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
i am with you becker...

no clean outs out ont he street...though the newer houses are starting to put them out there...

and thats just plain funny right there

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Here in CA. The man Holes are labeled. Either "sewer" or "Storm Drain, no dumping" It will have a duck on some crazy thing on it to make us feel sorry if we do dump.

Why is this so hard?
Mikey, was is a sewer or a storm drain?
I am sure it was a sewer.

Blue Monarch

Supportive Member
Name
Dirk Wingrove
One very nice thing about working in PHX was that there were cleanouts in every front yard.

In Lincoln, I've only seen a couple. I just wait until midnight and dump in Yoakum's yard.

John Watson

A big stupid carpet cleaner since you asked!!!

I am just big in the other direction, but I bet I am more stupideder than you!!!!

Even the big tanks get full, who would of thunk that??? A little sloppy finding the hole or did it just jump right out of there when you opened the valve full fart??

Like Brian said, most are labled, but, I have seen them unmarked.

I had permission from the Muni if Anch, AK to dump in the sewer drains, We did $250,000. a year in sewer related jobs back then in the early 80's.

One time while dumping a passer by asked what we wre doing? Just adding an anti Quagulant to keep it flowing.

I have permission to use the sewage treatment plants in a few of the cities we service, but find it a major pain in the butt to drive there and back to the job. (When I asked how many other cleaners in our area were using their dump facilities they said I was the only one that ever asked about this type of disosal.

Since I have done some tweaking on our TM I have found we need to dump more than we used to. I have contacted a couple of the car washes in my area and have permission and just do a quick stop between jobs as needed.

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
clean outs are only found in areas with sewer systems. if its a small town or boonie area they probably still have a septic tank and there probably will not be an access. i think that there is also a length requirement. if the house is over 50 feet from a sewer system i think there has to be a clean out. due to the possible problems with a clog not being accessable.

Mike Draper

Once I dumped going down the highway 60 mph. It stunk so bad and there was about 150 gallons and it was heavy, I was in a hurray so I dumped it. Damn, I was laughin so hard to. All the people behind me had to back off because of all the backspray. " most importantly, my van was new and hadn't been stickered yet, so nobody could turn me in."

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Mikeyxj8 said:
Once I dumped going down the highway 60 mph. It stunk so bad and there was about 150 gallons and it was heavy, I was in a hurray so I dumped it. Damn, I was laughin so hard to. All the people behind me had to back off because of all the backspray. " most importantly, my van was new and hadn't been stickered yet, so nobody could turn me in."

Still risky. $10,000.00 fine in these tree huggin parts.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Steven Hoodlebrink said:
Uhhh, no license plate either ?

I think that's what he meant by "hadn't been stickered yet". But he could have meant lettering. God knows, I mean the guy dumps on the freeway for crying out loud. :roll:

T

The Magician

I agree with Becker. No clean outs except in basements. Don't cause a accident while you are dumping you will be cited.

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
I've never had to do this, but would check with the municipality before I did. They're the only ones that actually know if you can dump and what the fine would be if you shouldn't. All it takes is one observer to make a call to get you on someone's list, and before you know it there's someone following you around.

Back
Top Bottom