google places page gone?

jmo

Supportive Member
Name
Jeremy
Mine did the same thing the end of November and it's still not up. It has a pending review and could take several weeks.

SamIam

Name
sam miller
the other thing is how many people bring in their wall to wall carpet for cleaning
we always go to them so because were not B&M they boot us is absurd.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
the other thing is how many people bring in their wall to wall carpet for cleaning
we always go to them so because were not B&M they boot us is absurd.

hence a classs action

FredC

Village Idiot
A class action for what? Google removes listings for violating the TOS which is readily available to you.........

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
yea yea i get it.....they put it in the small print just like every other big biz...then shit on you when they please

promise this and that....

like i said...wouldnt a "hey fix your shit" email be better??? both in the CS and fairness categories....

90% of us out there dont have people to just sit and sift through the :bullshit:

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
Its not so much of them "shitting" on anyone. The rules are rules, if you want to promote your business, buy ad space. Or learn how to bend the rules to make it happen in the places/plus area. Or pay someone that knows how to make it happen.

SamIam

Name
sam miller
My wife got the call again today "Do You sell rugs? No we clean rugs but customers do drop off and pick up area rugs! So You don't sell rugs? No but we do this! So no rugs? Click. Galdarn sonbiatches God I hate this.

Here's my beef They made the place's page I claimed it then I got reviews by 8 google email holders who took their time to let their voice be known on google.

They are losing credibility. Some say they're trying to boost adwords?

My other issue is when people Google they say I read Your reviews They don't click Adwords! So to do this they lose content thats meaningful and hurt themselves.

I wont google services now I'll Yelp or something.

SamIam

Name
sam miller
Also I'm glad all my eggs aren't in one basket or I'd be hurt in for certain

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
My wife got the call again today "Do You sell rugs? No we clean rugs but customers do drop off and pick up area rugs! So You don't sell rugs? No but we do this! So no rugs? Click. Galdarn sonbiatches God I hate this.

Here's my beef They made the place's page I claimed it then I got reviews by 8 google email holders who took their time to let their voice be known on google.

My other issue is when people Google they say I read Your reviews They don't click Adwords! So to do this they lose content thats meaningful and hurt themselves.

Just wanted to add. PUT YOUR REVIEWS ON YOUR WEBSITE!!! Don't trust google, yelp or anybody else with them. (I have 60 on mine) BTW: From the way your call went. I hope you are not showing your location in your listing.

Last edited:
Reactions: SamIam

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug

That right there is the biggest part....

rules shmooles.....

they are turning into MS or the fruit.....

cept they are claiming to be little guy friendly....:bullshit:

It may be the rule...but has not been enforced for how long now???

and yes i get you cant have it all....but this all could have been solved with emails.... all this online this and that...and they fook it up with a phone call:hopeless::hopeless:

SamIam

Name
sam miller
It seems to me most places pages are plus listings here I built a plus page waiting to get verified and beg for some reviews.

So at least its not just me it looks like a complete flush.

SamIam

Name
sam miller
Fred are they going after plus pages too or just places? And on a plus page do we need to hide address alsp?

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
Fred are they going after plus pages too or just places? And on a plus page do we need to hide address alsp?

Hide it on both if you're running your business out of your home. If you have a commercial space you don't need to hide it.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
this is comical to say the least...

an adwords email I received....

With a listing on Google, you've made it easy for people to locate your business, leave reviews, and spread the good word. Now I'd like to suggest a way for you to bring in even more customers. not if you delete it haha

Your current customers likely search for your business by name (e.g. "Payneless Floor Care Inc"). Prospective customers, however, tend to search by topic and city (e.g. "Carpet Cleaning Service, Layton"), which means it's likely your business won't show up — especially if you're in a neighboring city. and it was working very well

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I get you guys in the biz understand it better, and to some extent stick up for them...[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]But that doesnt help us idiots in the know, or the BD among us.....[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]and when they send these things out...all it does it make it more aggravating [/FONT]

SamIam

Name
sam miller
https://support.google.com/places/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=177103&topic=1656883&ctx=topic

Talked to them they said a plus page isn't for home based business's yet. Its for brick and mortar and yes unchecking the address is the way to go.

I'm currently fast tracked for reinstatement.

On a brighter note ran a pay per click

Sam Miller carpet care
carpet tile grout cleaning
over 15 5 star reviews online
661-728-0482 call today!

something like that and people were calling saying I saw Your reviews online.

I'm like ok sweet.

Last edited:

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
From the Places administrator page we're told that our Places pages are not published (they are) and we need a PIN to complete them (completed a long time ago) and we'll need to sign up for a PIN to edit and publish. Signing up for the PIN didn't work, as no PIN ever arrives. We were scratching our heads over this, but more recently Google said our Places pages are being replaced by + Local and we will no longer be allowed to edit Places listings, only transfer info to a + Local listing.

Since the original intent of Places was to integrate with Google Maps and Google Local Search to be "one-stop" mobile search solution, they realized they screwed it up by allowing companies with no location to post info there. My feeling is that they're pushing + Local to be the new Places, and I'll speculate that once they get enough migration to + Local, Places will morph into something else.

SamIam

Name
sam miller
Well I don't know what they did but it shows up as a plus page with all my reviews and I'm # 1 so I really don't care ty google for getting it fixed asap.

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
Well I don't know what they did but it shows up as a plus page with all my reviews and I'm # 1 so I really don't care ty google for getting it fixed asap.

Make sure you're clearing your cache when doing rank checking, it can give inaccurate results to what others in your area are getting.

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
i'm confused. my web guy had me signup for Google+. but the link Fred gave above: http://productforums.google.com/forum/#!topic/business/Ua0a0v_cqRQ says that since i am a SAB / Service Area Business, that i should not have Google+

is that correct?

and then yesterday i signed up for Google Places using the same gmail account as my Google+.

is that a no-no?

if so, do i delete the Google+ or the Google Places?

so confusing!

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
I would delete google + and keep your places listing. The places listing is what gets you work if you can get it to the top. Mine had a good jump today above two websites that were jumping the places listings.

Reactions: Derek

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
PINs just showed up from Google. I thought they had to do with the new Google+ pages but they didn't work there. Went to our Places dashboard and typed them in, now both are showing as "published" even though they already were and there's still a note telling us to migrate to G+.

It doesn't appear that Google has a cohesive plan or if they do they aren't applying it uniformly.

Larry Page is talking about envisioning Google becoming a million-employee company; can't wait to see how well that works.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom