google places page gone?

SamIam

Name
sam miller
I was sitting number 1 lancaster ca with 8 reviews and now it says location unsupported? WTH

I show up but not in places when India calls to verify account are we supposed to talked to these people or your account gets cracked? It shows up on my google dashboard but it wont load.

SamIam

Name
sam miller
Hey Fred if I made changes to the location is it possible for it to come back or is it gone for good?

Name
Brad Gouveia
Yep, Mine been "pending" in my dashboard for 4 months now. I emailed Google several times and always get the same BS standard email:

Hi there,

Thanks for getting in touch with us about your Google+ Local issue. It appears that your listing is of a business type that commonly has issues with our quality guidelines. This can cause display issues with these listings.
Please take the following steps to ensure your business meets our guidelines, and if you're still having a problem with your listing, respond to this email:

- Review the Google Places quality guidelines to make sure all of your business details are accurate and within our guidelines: http://support.google.com/places/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=107528

Specifically, if you do not make contact with your customers at your location, you should hide your address and indicate a service area. This article explains this process: http://support.google.com/places/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=177103

If you run a service-area business, please also make sure your listing represents a directly contactable business. You should not verify locations of your service representatives, but instead verify your business headquarters and specify service areas from that listing.

- If your listing meets all of our quality guidelines, please make sure you've removed any duplicate listings from your account by clicking "Delete", then "Remove this listing from my Google Places account". If unverified duplicates of your listing exist on Google Maps, you can report them using "Report a problem" from the Google Maps result.

- Make sure you've submitted an update to your listing recently from your account, and have waited a week for that update to go live. Simply clicking "Edit" and "Submit" will let us know that the information is up-to-date, even if nothing has changed.

If you've gone through all of these steps and are still experiencing problems with your listing, respond to this email so that we can review your question.

I hope you have a wonderful weekend.

Warm Regards,

Bilques O.

I say screw Google and try to bulk of your other online listing presnce.

Unless some that has got there business pulled and put back cares to share.

FredC

Village Idiot
There is a chance.........some have got a second call...some were reinstated after review

I have two (Lexington and Philadelphia) that nothing seems to bring back. Last email I got for them seemed to indicate an issue bringing them back from the dead and said they were working on it but had no timeline.

Another week and I'll just create new which is unfortunate because the reviews will likely be lost.

On another account I received an email that says they don't review listings anymore. :eekk:

Thank you for requesting a review of your rejected listing(s).

Unfortunately, this process is no longer supported.
You may create a new listing that adheres to our guidelines in order to
show up on Maps.

Connor

Name
Connor
Yep, Mine been "pending" in my dashboard for 4 months now. I emailed Google several times and always get the same BS standard email:

I say screw Google and try to bulk of your other online listing presnce.

Well, it is free, you get what you pay for.

Dmreed4311

Supportive Member
Name
David Reed
Mine got pulled down November 2nd after a year in the a spot for Tampa, three months later it is still pending, I had a google express account linked to it as well and can call them, they told me my best bet is to delete the old one and make a new one, which I tried to do and it requires me to get a pin number just to delete it,I have been waiting for the pin for two weeks now just to delete my old one.
I have a lot of citations for the address so making a new one will be fine but they even make deleting a pain in the arse.

I have talked to many people who have lost their places account and all of them had their address showing. I believe google wants to have a reason to pull down your places page in order to make you start an adwords campain.
HIDE YOUR ADDRESS!!!! and avoid the nightmare many of us are in. Not hiding your address if you do not have a store front is googles ticket to pull you down, after all you are in violation of their TOS.

Just hide you address if you have not been hit by google and you should be ok.

Last edited:
Reactions: Connor

FredC

Village Idiot
lol....there is nothing to pay me for....I don't have the answers or a reliable method for getting listings back.

Yet.......

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
It's at the point now where they(google) are taking down listings and it doesn't matter if addy is showing or not. Ours was taken down end of Dec. made a new one still pending... And yes, all our ducks were in a row!

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
I haven't lost my listing. I just have to put up with them eating all my client reviews. Now for every 4 reviews only one sticks. I had 12 new reviews and only 4 are sticking. I love Google!

FredC

Village Idiot
You are probably on their watch list given your history of fake reviews...............

Reactions: Connor

BLewis

Supportive Member
Name
Billy Lewis
I agree that it's all their ploy to have you pay for Adwords or any type of advertising. I get offers from them weekly

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
I wonder if they ever clamped down on that carpet cleaner that had 10 Google listing for one business? Steve something...?

FredC

Village Idiot
How many of you that have had your listing killed recently merged your google+page with your places?

This is a no no for SABs (service area businesses)

FredC

Village Idiot
creating and using a Plus page is ok....

Merging it with places by verifying is not.............this may change in the future

boazcan

Name
Bryan C
Thanks Fred for the info. I just pin confirmed my g+ page last week. I didn't even put two and two together. There are several comps in my area that violate this rule. I went ahead (after hours of work over the past 2 years) and deleted the page based on this and your link.

There are also several "local" companies that are still using a PO Box for their physical address and thus getting located in my service area. Half of the results for some local area searches are showing companies that do not operate in the local area but say they do. Why can't G figure these simple things out before busting balls of the legit ones?

Fred, why don't get out of that cold up there and come down here for a few days of fishing.....:headbang:

Last edited:
Reactions: SamIam

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Thanks Fred for the info. I just pin confirmed my g+ page last week. I didn't even put two and two together. There are several comps in my area that violate this rule. I went ahead (after hours of work over the past 2 years) and deleted the page based on this and your link.

There are also several "local" companies that are still using a PO Box for their physical address and thus getting located in my service area. I would have half of the results for some local area searches are showing companies that do not operate in the local area but say they do. Why can't G figure these simple things out before busting balls of the legit ones?

Fred, why don't get out of that cold up there and come down here for a few days of fishing.....:headbang:

I wonder if you could flag the listing that are using PO numbers to have multiple listings? Might free up competition that shouldn't be in your area.

SamIam

Name
sam miller
creating and using a Plus page is ok....

Merging it with places by verifying is not.............this may change in the future

Which is crap I have had several drop and pick up rugs I live in a residence, got a homebased business, I got a business license, and later on realized google created a places page that I claimed! its been verified and now they want to change the rules on the only guy with reviews out here. So much for using google to find a good carpet cleaner

It wouldnt be so bad if yelp hadnt filtered 5 of my 8 reviews so the one guy who buys a coupon from them here can stay on top complete crap.

And I'm not blaming anyone here I've seen the threads but I always saw Fred getting them going again this new batch is BS I understand, but a sticky at the top for dufuses like me would've help!

FredC

Village Idiot
The thing is they haven't changed the rules. The merge rule has been in place since the ability to merge was rolled out (August?).

Google only wants B&Ms on +local.

Is it a pita keeping up with all of it as a business owner? Yes

I try and help forum members but I have to balance the help and info I give out with the fact that this is how I make money.......

Reactions: Connor and SamIam

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
a couple things....

if they can pull it so easy ...WITF cant they put it back up so you can fix it...

Which leads to...

Why cant they send out an Email 1st explaining that you need to fix your shit or its gone...and thus if you dont...then it is weeded out duh

which leads to

them seemingly F*%^$ing over as near as I can tell RANDOM companies...there are still some on my area that are just like me yet arent gone yet....

which leads to....

Screwing the little guy (AGAIN, and not just google) everyone claims to want to help the little company, and then makes rules that are near impossible to follow

which leads to.....

I think a class action lawsuit.....I get that its free and all....but you cant just throw darts at a board and remove randomly without notice....how many companies have been hurt by this???? i cant tell if its because the listing is gone...or if its the weather....guess ill see in a few months.....but screw that....if they can make a phone call and dick you in a pinch...then they should be able to email and fix it or give notice twice as fast...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom