google places page gone?

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
3 and a half months and my Places listing has finally been restored.
The following is all my correspondence and changes during this issue.
It might help someone.
Make sure that if you email support for any follow-ups, that you "Reply" directly from a received email, so that the subject contains your identifying support case number.
It's interesting in my case, that although the reply to my last email said stated that there was nothing to be done, my listing was restored 2 days later.....hhhmmmm??
The "Circle" does not appear to effect rankings at all, even though it seems "circle" map markers show a little differently according to different area search terms, and different map views, as opposed to the "Balloons".

Google maps place hidden addressissue

November 14 Received phone call……listing removed….”We currently do not support thislocation” on my dash..
November 17 Hid address and emailed support as directed. Received email response asfollows :
Thank you forcontacting Google. We may follow up if we need further information. Also, feelfree to respond to this email to clarify anything or give us additionalinformation.
Otherwise, weappreciate your patience while our team reviews and responds to inquiries inthe order they are received.
Once we'refinished investigating, someone from our team will get back to you with actionswe've taken and instructions for next steps.
Regards,
The GoogleTeam
December 4 Listing status changed to “Pending…..beingreviewed” on dash.
December 16 My listing shows as “Active” on my dash, but back to “We currently donot support this location”. Received following email:
Hi Frank,
Thank you forcontacting Google. Your Pelham Bay Carpet Cleaning listing was experiencingissues due to quality violations. Specifically it appears that you do not makecontact with customers at your physical location. If you don't conductface-to-face business at your location, you must select "Yes, thisbusiness serves customers at their locations" under the "ServiceAreas and Location Settings" section of your dashboard, and then selectthe "Do not show my business address on my Maps listing" option. Ifyour business serves customers at the customers' locations, you can add yourservice area(s) from your dashboard.
You can learnmore about service areas in the following article: http://support.google.com/places/bin/answer.py?answer=177103
Keeping yourlisting within the guidelines will ensure that your listing shows accurately onGoogle Maps. Check out the guidelines here: http://www.google.com/support/places/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=107528&ctx=cb&src=cb&cbid=-1qeq4rikeo6cp&cbrank=2.
At thisstage, we have queued your listing up for review. We don't have a concretetimeline which we can give for this. Your submission helps us keep track ofthis problem and we will be reviewing your listing. I'll also be following upwith you once your listing is reviewed.
Thanks foryour understanding and patience.
Best,
Nathan
The GoogleTeam”

January 11 Listing changed to “Pending.. being reviewed”
February 23 Emailed“Nathan” for update. Received response within 24 hours.
On 02/22/13 21:45:39"Frank Gg" <pelhambaycc@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi,
Can you PLEASE tell me ifthere has been any update to my listing review???
The original issue regardingmy address being hidden has been rectified many months ago, and my status isstuck in "Pending" Limbo again.
Any information and oradvice would be greatly appreciated.
Thank You
Hi Frank,
Thanks for your continuedpatience during this time. The teams arestill working hard to implement the correct fix to fully restore yourlisting. To explain, the issue was morecomplex than originally diagnosed but we still are working on it.
Unfortunately, I cannotgive an exact time of when this fix will be in place nor can I manuallyexpedite the process any faster.
We again appreciate yourunderstanding as we work to fix your dropped listing.
Best,
Nathan
The Google Team

February 25
HalleFookin’louia
Listing hasreturned in its original first page ranking including ALL reviews.
Dash STILLshows as “Pending” even though it is now showing.
Made minorchange to business hours and submitted in attempt to bump it live, and itworked now showing “Active”.
No picturesshowing when clicking “More Info” from map, although pics remain on edit page.
February 27
Hi Frank,
Thanks for your patience inwaiting for an update on your Pelham Bay Carpet Cleaning listing. We have somegood news for you: it looks like the technical issue has been resolved and yourlisting is now back up here https://plus.google.com/113315382870733295193/about
Please note that it maytake a few weeks for your dashboard status to change from "Pending"to "Active". However your listing is live on Maps. While the statusshows as pending, I recommend you search for your listings by searching on Mapsusing your business title and address.
A few things to keep inmind now:
-Please note that if you donot make in-person contact at your location and do not keep your addresshidden, you risk being removed from Google Maps. You can read more aboutservice areas and these policies at this link:http://support.google.com/places/bin/answer.py?answer=177103
-Reviews can sometimes bedropped during reconciliation of data issues such as this. We’re unfortunatelyunable to address each instance in which this occurs.
-Please note that sinceyour listing issues have recently been resolved, it may take several weeks foryour listing to display in some search results. Unfortunately, we are unable tomanually alter or affect your listing showing in search queries.
Thank you again for yourunderstanding and patience, and for using Google+ Local.
Best,
Nathan
The Google Team

Reactions: Derek

SamIam

Name
sam miller
Just remember if you don't have a physical store front and you operate out of your
home hide your address on places.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

SamIam

Name
sam miller
The only thing i did different was start an adwords express campaign from my place dashboard, and I was back up in 2 weeks, but I kept emailing my rep from google about not being able to edit it adwords.

I finally figured it all out, but they actually killed or unverified a plus page I made and got my page back up, its a different url now too.

It doesn't seem to be pulling that well right now though.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
It doesn't appear that Google has a cohesive plan or if they do they aren't applying it uniformly.
that seems a fair assessment, it's amazing they don't have their stuff together. if this is any indication, no wonder SEO is so difficult. each month/week brings new rules.

Dmreed4311

Supportive Member
Name
David Reed
mine came back after 4 months, already back on the first page. in the two weeks my page has been back I have gotten the dreaded(650) call from google. I gave the number a special ring so I know to make sure I answer it.

Last edited:

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
so yesterday i received my Google Places PIN ... so in your opinions i should drop my Google+ business account before i resgister this new Google Places PIN?

EDIT** i'm going to hold off on the Google Places for now. eventually i'll register it but for now i don't want it to affect my web guys SEO work negatively...just in case.

Last edited:

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
I been out for 6 months + now.

Frank can you tell us what you told them in your emails.

What link did you contact them through?

Thanks

The first thing to do is to log into your places account and hide your address, and choose an area serviced/radius, so your listing will meet Google's quality guidelines. Hit submit and remain logged into your Google account.

http://mikeysboard.com/forum/showthread.php?264449-New-way-to-use-Fels-Naptha

After that, Email support using the following link:

http://support.google.com/places/bin/static.py?hl=en&ts=1386120&page=ts.cs

Choose the last option "My listing no longer appears on Google Maps or is incorrectly marked as closed", and briefly explain to them that your listing has been removed due to you being a "Service Area Business", and not hiding your address, and that you have corrected the issue and would like your listing to be reviewed and reinstated.

You should soon receive a reply from them confirming that they have received your support request.
Make sure to save this email, as it will have a reference number that you may need for future correspondence regarding your case.

Keep an eye on your listing status periodically in your Google Dash.

Some are restored faster than others.

Good luck.

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
and there doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason...................

Seems not only regarding the amount of time to be restored, but also weather your listing will have it's original rank or not, reviews intact or not, original pics or not............a fooking mystery.......I guess I got pretty lucky that my reviews were intact as well as my ranking.
Seems there are a lot of variables.

How long you have had your listing..
Merged with + or not....
When it got booted...
How long it's been booted...
How long between booting and support ticket..
What has happened in Googleville (Internal updates/system changes etc.) since it was booted as well as any internal changes while in the penalty box.

Seems that if you follow the right protocol, the longest times seem to be around 3-4 months.
I would consider anyone lucky to be restored before 3-4 months.

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
Found out one of my competitors went to a bunch of my citation sites and marked my biz as closed. Ive spent the last few days fixing that. Google responded by removing my places. So im starting over. Also ive put biz cards all around town on announcement boards and regularly check on them...theyve been replaced by his.

Looks like im going to have to pull a Bawb...now where did i put that box of nails. :D

Sent from my LGL86C using Tapatalk 2

Connor

Name
Connor
Also ive put biz cards all around town on announcement boards and regularly check on them...theyve been replaced by his.

Ever thought about printing some almost identical business cards with his business name with an alternate phone number and url, and putting them out? :twisted:

BLewis

Supportive Member
Name
Billy Lewis
There was a recent post that asks what product do you posses that has helped you gain/improve your business the most. I would without a doubt say being listed in the top 3 of google places. Now that we have dropped off into oblivion, I can certainly tell the difference and I know when the spring season hits mid April I will definately feel the impact if we hadn't made it back by then

Reactions: Connor

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom