Fried egg stench on painted leather

Mikey P

Administrator
Eggs cooked in the pan ALL day long.

now the whole house stinks.

will Masterblend's cleaner conditioner do anything for the odor?

Jack May

That Kiwi
Name
John
Protien fire... yellow residue. Stinks like crazy.

WHat is it? A garment? Couch? Art?

A good cleaning and then I'd place it in good sunlit and airy place for a few days.

Tony or Shorty or others may have more suggestions but for that type of odour, Double o is good, I just don't know how safe it would be on a pigmented leather. Maybe call Cliff's office and ask?

John

harryhides

Name
Tony
I'd start with a good cleaning of the leather. Out in the sunlight as a second step.

After that, who knows..... a lot would depend on how solid ( ie new ) the finish layer is.

Roger Koh

This is how I would do it:

Step 1:
Use - d’Protein11.0™ pH value 11.0 is a protein based spotting agent for vomit, urine, egg, milk, cream on all leathers, nubuck and suede.

Step 2:
Use - d’Grease4.9™ pH value 4.9 is an aqueous leather-safe degreaser for all greasy soiled leathers, nubuck and suede.

Step 3:
Use - d’Smoke4.7™ pH value 4.7 is a leather-safe soot and smoke deodorizer booster that works with d’Grease4.9 on all leathers, nubuck and suede.

Step 4:
Use - clean3.8™ pH value 3.8 is a leather-safe aqueous general purpose cleaner for all lightly soiled leathers, nubuck and suede.

Step 5:
Use - rinse3.0™ pH value 3.0 is a leather-safe aqueous mild acidifier and all purpose rinse for all leathers, nubuck and suede.

Step 6:
Use - leatherScent’B™ is a leather scent non-stick tactile feel conditioner to enhance a soft natural buttery feel.

Roger Koh

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom