“Free carpet cleaning for the tenants”

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
I’m wanting to approach my property managers with a maintenance program for their rentals to increase repeats. I’m curious if any of you were able to reel in more jobs this way.

Increase rent payment by $10-20 to cover cost of cleaning the carpet once/year, and tell the tenants that they get that service for free if they pay rent on time every month.

My main reason is to get more apartments per day when I go to these complexes. They call me all the time just to clean one apartment and I feel it’s such a waste of fuel. I’d like to do several apartments in one visit, so I’m thinking if I can talk them into maintaining at the tenant’s cost, that’ll save them in the long run on fewer replacement cost

Huh? Any thoughts?

tres davis

Name
tres
A lot of our properties give a free carpet clean to any tenant when they renew their lease

I've seen the pitch you are making in print stuff before from torben but that was a while ago, the reality of it now is that all these multi family units have been snatched up by private equity firms and they just squeeeeze on everything

Never gonna happen unless it's a small complex that's owned by one person and you can pitch them on the value and they really care about their tenants and retention

Reactions: BIG WOOD

Hack Attack

Name
Dan
Never met a Property Manager who deserved there job title, as long as they can say its been cleaned it has.

Not to say It cant be done, maybe guarantee a restorative clean at a maintainence price If your the preferred supplier?

I have preferred suppliers here from insurance companies to realestate (of which Im not one) and the insurance companies and realestate etc will complain to me about the poor standard of there preferred suppliers... :oldrolleyes:

Reactions: Lee Stockwell
Name
Jeff T
I’ve managed to gain 5 PM’s that DONT manage apt’s.... I’ll stick with them.... average job ticket.... 450$.... some as high as 1k.... it’s hard to soar with the eagles when you hang out with the turkeys.....

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
I agree, but what brought this to my attention was the increase in income. When I saw how many complexes they own in an hour radius of my area, that showed me that they could give me enough business to increase my gross income up to $180k ($700-$900/day) IF we could come up with a very organized schedule. It would be a huge jump in Net income for me, and it's worth looking into.

I'm just coming up with a way to catch their attention on making me the main man

Andy

Name
Doesn't Matter
My concern would be the tenant trashing the carpet because someone else is paying the bill.

tres davis

Name
tres
I agree, but what brought this to my attention was the increase in income. When I saw how many complexes they own in an hour radius of my area, that showed me that they could give me enough business to increase my gross income up to $180k ($700-$900/day) IF we could come up with a very organized schedule. It would be a huge jump in Net income for me, and it's worth looking into.

I'm just coming up with a way to catch their attention on making me the main man

They will never never never ever have them scheduled in a way that helps ur bottom line
Just won't happen regardless what they agree to
Never gonna happen

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
They will never never never ever have them scheduled in a way that helps ur bottom line
Just won't happen regardless what they agree to
Never gonna happen
Even if they have over 20 complexes to work with? Some of the cities have up to 4complexes in one city.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
I mentioned it to them today on making me the main guy in this region. So we’ll see. I told them that i feel they have enough apartments for me to devote another van/machine specifically for their company,

Hack Attack

Name
Dan
With the volume there I would definitely pitch some "plan" maybe a % discount not just on cleaning but wdr?
Or if 3 booked for same day?
But I wouldnt hold my breath, you'd need a property manager better than any I've dealt with.

tres davis

Name
tres
If they make U their man for those it will still be random/need this today etc you can make money but you will need to be the multi truck suck and go to do it

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
With the volume there I would definitely pitch some "plan" maybe a % discount not just on cleaning but wdr?
Or if 3 booked for same day?
But I wouldnt hold my breath, you'd need a property manager better than any I've dealt with.
They have a restoration company specifically for wdr.

Hack Attack

Name
Dan
I do a price plan with some of my motels, standard minimum charge for a stain or single room clean, flooded bath tub etc. But discount room rate If I've got 4 or more hrs onsite

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
I do a price plan with some of my motels, standard minimum charge for a stain or single room clean, flooded bath tub etc. But discount room rate If I've got 4 or more hrs onsite
Since I’m planning to devote a van to this account only, I’m thinking about charging a price per day, not by room.

I was thinking about saying I need $$$/day and the more apartments we have in the 9-5pm day, the more they’ll save. I was hoping that would give them the motivation to be having the desire to keep my van at one complex or city per day

Hack Attack

Name
Dan
Since I’m planning to devote a van to this account only, I’m thinking about charging a price per day, not by room.

I was thinking about saying I need $$$/day and the more apartments we have in the 9-5pm day, the more they’ll save. I was hoping that would give them the motivation to be having the desire to keep my van at one complex or city per day
You'd want to put a cap on that as well, you dont want them expecting you to do so much that you cant deliver a proper standard

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
You'd want to put a cap on that as well, you dont want them expecting you to do so much that you cant deliver a proper standard
That’s why I capped the time. I don’t know. I’m still deciding on how I’m gonna write it up

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Buy a TCS Chief
So you can still make the payments when they dump you
I’d like to be able to sell it quick. A fugly chief will be hard to sell.

As for the dumping...I’ve been with this company for several years now, and they’ve seen me restore carpet that the last guy almos ruined. If I can prevent them from replacement cost...they won’t dump me.

I’m $40higher than the last carpet cleaner.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
You’re depending on help?
You’re an idiot
If this company has enough work for 5days/week at $700-$1k/day, yes I’ll be depending on help.

You, Mark, Mikey,Tom, and a ton of other successful rug suckers are needing help. What’s so different about me putting an employee in empty apartments?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom