For those people who have Cimex Can you help me understand

ErikG

For those people who have Cimex Can you help me understand How it works. You spray your encap down scrubb and go home. Your supose to let the custy vac the floor the next day?

DevilDog

Oh my God! You just hit a huge nerve with me. I have to calm down before I can respond accurately.

Bob Foster

ErikG said:
For those people who have Cimex Can you help me understand How it works. You spray your encap down scrubb and go home. Your supose to let the custy vac the floor the next day?

Yup. Leave with your payment in your shirt pocket and leave your guilt and the crystals on that clean looking floor and don't forget to turn out the lights and lock all the doors.

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
Erik, I can appreciate the fact that some that frequent here may be a tad mentally retarded and/or set in last centuries technology and mind set.

For those people, such things that may be easily explained, may not always be comprehended as easily.

I would suggest a proper demonstration as to how the entire encapsulation system works.

Come on down to Cairns, and I will be only to happy to show you.

Otherwise, I just couldn't be bloody bothered trying to educate shit stirrers & disbelievers on a public forum.

My opposition would also like to know $$$$$$$$$

Have a lovely weekend.

Ooroo,

No soggy carpet here, Chem Who ??? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Bob Foster

There ain't know way a Cimex cleans anywhere near as good as HWE but it does make a dirty carpet look pretty good temporarily by removing by vacuum a day later some of the soil. Cimex encapsulation has its place and I make money with mine.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
THERE ARE NO CRYSTALS IN THE DILUTED SPRAYED ON FORM.

IT'S PIXIE DUST MARKETING AND STILL JUST THE LOWLY SHAMPOO METHOD.

The Preacher

Jim,

i let some RTU crystalizing encapsulator dry in a plastic cup (since most of the carpet we clean is plastic) and there WAS crystls in said cup.

SO SHUT UP AND TIE YORE WIFE TO THAT TREE!!!

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
DANNY THAT RTU SOLUTION DRIED RESEMBLED A HAZE AND NOT CRYSTALS!

SPRAY IT ON A LEVEL MIRROR AND YOU WILL SEE.............................NOTHING!

NO FANCY SNOW FLAKE CRYSTALS!

BUT YOU WILL SEE A HAZE THAT WILL SCRAP OFF WITH EASE.

You've been smoking too much ditchweed over on Ricky cimex SHAMPOO BB.

royalkid

Supportive Member
Name
Gulf Coast Carpet Care
you freakin' hacks make me sick...encap...yeah right...you need bubbles and a cotton pad for heavy soil removal....

juniorc82

Supportive Member
Name
Jon Coret
royalkid said:
you freakin' hacks make me sick...encap...yeah right...you need bubbles and a cotton pad for heavy soil removal....
you bring your chem lie stuff to a 10,000 sq foot cgd job and Ill bring my cimex lets see who makes more money, and who goes home sooner !!!

DevilDog

Encapsulation has its place...as long as it is explained properly. But pleassssssse do not call it cleaning. There is NO cleaning done. Any method that leaves MORE in the carpet, including all of the soil, than before you start "cleaning" is NOT cleaning.

Just ask your clients what they would like....would they like the carpet to look good and have a lot of soil removed....or would they like the carpet to look good but all of the soil remains?

Just ask them the question.

The only reason 99% of most people would choose encapsulation over HWE is because of price...it is not because of quality.

And before some of you guys start telling me I don't know what I am talking about....I have encapsulated many carpets....but the client was told the truth. I didn't encap so I could run through a job and make more money and mislead the clients.
"

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
DevilDog said:
"The only reason 99% of most people would choose encapsulation over HWE is because of price...it is not because of quality.

"

uhhhhh BULLSHIT!!!!

there are jobs that no matter how much you hwe it, it still looks like shit...yea yea you removed the "soil" but it still looks like shit...

where as with encap (yes i use rickys juice) it makes it look damn near new (wear patterns aside)

So being a "professional" offer them both, and in those cases say

"You want soil REMOVED yet still look like shit???"

OR

"you want you SHIT to look GOOD??"

royalkid

Supportive Member
Name
Gulf Coast Carpet Care
well, if all you care about is getting more money and finishing quicker, then you might win...yes...i do care about making money, but I'm not racing to finish a job...REAL quality cleaning isn't done 3-4,000 sq ft per hour...so who's Chem-"lie" now??? Scrub a chem into a carpet, then leave??? Wow, very logical indeed....guys like you make HRI look like saints :) Thanx, we appreciate it!

royalkid

Supportive Member
Name
Gulf Coast Carpet Care
doug, i agree (to a certain point)....I think using an rx-20 or wand on commercial carpet sometimes makes it look worse...i will usually try to extract...if it looks shitty then i use the bonnet method....but I can look at the pads (1 per 150-200 sq ft) and see soil....if you're just scrubbing a chem into the carpet...shouldn't it be post bonneted/OP or extracted...??? When I started w/ CD and the ONLY method we used was buff/bonnet, yes...the carpets looked clean(er), but were they as clean as HWE..hell to the no....same logic here...just cuz it looks clean(er) doesn't mean it is.

But if your main concern is making 3,000 sq ft "look" cleaner in 1 hr for $500-$800 and you feel you earned it...then keep up the bad work.

DevilDog

I have cleaned LOTS and LOTS of commercial carpet. Most of the time the carpet looked really really good...it really is about knowing how to clean.

Just ask your clients the questions I mentioned...you will see.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
its a tool plain and simple....

i have one acct, that i have

hwe, hwe and post bonnet, bonnet alone, and encapped it....

the one they like the most

yup encap period...

that being said, i know it is loaded (soil) because their janitor does a shitty job vacuuming..

but i give it a good vac, and do it every 3-5 mths (dont ask) and it looks great every time, adn looks like its ready to be done at the time we do it..

encapman

Name
Rick Gelinas
DevilDog said:
Encapsulation has its place...as long as it is explained properly. But pleassssssse do not call it cleaning. There is NO cleaning done. Any method that leaves MORE in the carpet, including all of the soil, than before you start "cleaning" is NOT cleaning.
"

You're wrong about that DevilDog. I think Shorty already said it better than I can. But here goes anyway. DD, you're not adding anything detrimental to the carpet, as you suggest. What you're leaving in the carpet has actually brought a benefit to the carpet.

For all you smart fellas here, I'm sure you understand the function of a surfactant right? The hydrophobic tails of the surfactant molecules grab oily soil and they cluster together. This process is called emulsification. Well when you're cleaning with a GOOD encap product that crystalizes as it dries, that emulsified soil will be held in suspension as it dries. How simple is that?

Next comes soil extraction. The soil will continue to be removed during the normal course of routine vacuuming. The carpet will look clean right away. Soil recovery occurs during the ensuing vacuuming regimen (normally done by the cleaning staff in the building). And the carpet will continue to remain clean. A GOOD encap detergent can't attract soil like traditional detergents might. The crystallized residue will resist soil. And there's an added benefit if you're using a quality encap product that has a built in fluoro-chemical too.

Yet Jimmy and a few of the boyz 'round here have their lovely heads buried deep in the sand.
I guess that's cool - if they like it that way. :p

ostrich_head_in_ground_full.jpg

Carpets maintained with a GOOD encap product, may include periodic HWE cleanings, there's nothing wrong with that. HWE is the bomb when it comes to removing the greatest quantity of soil in a single shot. However encap plays an amazing role when it comes to the ongoing maintenance of commercial glue down carpets. No more wicking, no recurring spill stains, no dingy traffic lanes, a simple cleaning system, and higher profits. HWE is great for periodic flushing of the carpet, but the need for the HWE intervals can be extended greatly when a GOOD encap program is in place.

All the cleaning methods are simply tools in a toolbox. Use your head (providing it's not buried in the sand) to choose the best system for the given carpet. You will find that a Cimex and a GOOD encap product can go a very long way toward making your job easier when it comes to commercial carpet care. As tools go, it can be pretty useful.

Name
Bill Soukoreff
I had my doubts about what Rick just explained until I saw a convention center here that exclusively uses the Cimex (all in-house) since the carpet was installed 10 years ago. This facility caters to thousands of people per week, almost every day of the week.

The carpet looks beautiful, just like the first day they were installed. Granted they do have a very good vacuuming program and in the front lobby they will occasionally use use a bonnet system durning winter months. But, you would be stunned to see how amazing the carpet looks, all the time.

BTY, I don't own a Cimex as I don't do commercial, so I am not biased.

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
ErikG said:

I've never done it but have seen the machine in use and understand it's purpose. It is for appearance management on commercial jobs and is far less expensive and easier to do than extraction cleaning. If I had to clean a lightly soiled 10 to 90 K sq foot job by myself in a short period of time for a competitive price I would consider it.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Any time I post and get a response from Ricky I know I've won the argument.

You can't defend the fact that eNcAP is an interium method and still the SHAMPOO method.

Which is an inferior method plain and simple.

DRY FOAM extraction by using a Von Shrader machine is superior in soil removal.

Doug are you one of those shampoo BB ricky whores?

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
Walrus said:
Any time I post and get a response from Ricky I know I've won the argument.

You can't defend the fact that eNcAP is an interium method and still the SHAMPOO method.

Which is an inferior method plain and simple.

DRY FOAM extraction by using a Von Shrader machine is superior in soil removal.

Doug are you one of those shampoo BB ricky whores?

Nope I am a use what you have in your arsenal to get it clean...whores

And yes i use rickys juice for that purpose...tried about a half dozen others, and rickys is the best i have found....

on the flip side...I am not that impressed with using the Punch for a pre spray...just never has worked as well as others claim...and i have tried the WIDE range of dilutions

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom