Floor care (strip,was and buff)

Raelyn

Name
Raelyn Hickman
Hi,

I have a residential and commercial cleaning business. We do the standard cleaning. I would like to expand into floor care. I have had many businesses ask me if I do floors too and I have to say no and turn down work.

Thing is, I dont know much about it but I would love to be trained. I have searched for technical schools in my area, there are none that teach floor care.

Is there a business out thete that would train me and my employees..or just me and I will train employees? Can someone point me in the right direction?
Thank you!

Name
Matt Ross
Vct floors seem to be one thing that is usually learned the hard way. There are also many different ways to keep them looking good. The way you go about it depends on the size of job and quality they want to maintain. Those vary so much that there is no one "right" way.
Watch some YouTube, get a 175 and a shop vac, try it on a bathroom or small break room or something and you will start to learn.

Reactions: Raelyn

Raelyn

Name
Raelyn Hickman
Vct floors seem to be one thing that is usually learned the hard way. There are also many different ways to keep them looking good. The way you go about it depends on the size of job and quality they want to maintain. Those vary so much that there is no one "right" way.
Watch some YouTube, get a 175 and a shop vac, try it on a bathroom or small break room or something and you will start to learn.

Thank you! Very helpful.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
Find someone who is already invested in it...To do it right and profitable, you need between 10-20k worth of equipment...

Take me for example....I have a couple cleaning companies I use to do work for (use to, long story why not, biz sold etc.) Anyway I usually cut my price some for them... I didnt have to get the work, and it made a few bucks for them. Most figured out I could do the work faster and better than their "in-house" people...

Reactions: Mikey P

Old Coastie

Supportive Member
Name
Stephen
Raelyn, in your shoes I’d go find a facility like a nursing home or hospital or rehab unit or business with perfect floors. I mean glassy, three foot deep polished shine.
Then meet the floor guy. Hit a deal to assist him or get him to do a job with you, and learn.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom