First full day in the pit.

Mikey P

Administrator
Good lord but that's a lot of work.

12 rugs, 10 wools, all were very dirty.

Lots of trial and error, blown fuses, vats of urine, more water down the drain than I care to think about and I'll admit it, some frayed nerves.

Dust, vacuum, hose down shampoo, squeegee, flush, extract, groom and hang to dry.

What took me 45 minutes a rug Ken Snow does in 4 minutes.

I need to speed this up.

I would have to charge $22 a foot to clear what I make cleaning wall to wall.

DRScrivner

Willy P said:
[quote="Doug D":1xh8ev1p]got any pictures?

Yes and he's blackmailing me with then. Honest, I thought that sheep was 19.[/quote:1xh8ev1p]
I almost pissed my pants when I read that- good one Bill.

Mikey P

Administrator
terrazo013.jpg

terrazo010.jpg

terrazo001-1.jpg

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
Jasoo Mikey...some people will do ANYTHING for money......get dinkledoo out there.....put him up in the treehouse....then rock an' roll.......

He may even lik "long walks on the beach"!

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Since Kalifornica is 75% Illegal Immigrants causing the state to go bankrupt why not hire them to do this work?

I hear that the state has issued IOU's for tax refunds.

Free medical care/Welfare for their "American" children/ and FREE schooling.

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
Hire smart, honest hard working people and pay m well Mikey. You will be amazed at how muh they will not only improve your bus, but allow your body to keep working another 20 years. If you keep doing all the work those big bones are gonna be payin for it down the road big time.

Jimbo

"Hire smart, honest hard working people and pay m well" Jim. "You will be amazed at how much they will not only improve your bus, but allow your body to keep working another 20 years. If you keep doing all the work those big bones are gonna be payin for it down the road big time."

Why thank you for the advice, Ken!

Mike...those rugs get really heavy when wet.

rhyde

Name
rhyde
Mikey P said:

I need to speed this up.

OPPPS! didn't anyoneone tell you that “BIG MONY IN AREA RUG CEANING” requires big work?

This is one of life’s moral cross roads like when a guy finds a wad of cash in a couch give it to the custy or keep it. You can’t get a reasonably used dirty rug clean in 10-30 minutes they need to be soaked out, flushed and worked over until the water runs clean. You can however shampoo, extract, the surface of most rugs leaving a dirty foundation the client will never know about and stick them as if you really cleaned the rug which many rug cleaners (most) do.

I think I said before make your wash slab as large as you can it's the only way to speed up the process and do a really good job most of the time I’m washing 3-5 rugs at a pop instead of washing one rug for an hour it's 3-5 truth is some rugs take a day to wash washing .... i'm not even talking dusting.

DSCN1735.jpg

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
You have to start somewhere, and I think you started with a logical setup. Once you consistently clean 10 rug per day you might want to make some changes. You can either keep expanding your wash floor and hire more staff, or invest in some labor and space saving equipment.

PS: Be careful immersing piece-fabricated rugs like the border rug. If it was put together with heat seaming tape and spent any time soaked those seams are prone to coming apart. Likewise, a glued-on backing will come loose.

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
rhyde said:
Mikey P said:

I need to speed this up.

OPPPS! didn't anyoneone tell you that “BIG MONY IN AREA RUG CEANING” requires big work?

This is one of life’s moral cross roads like when a guy finds a wad of cash in a couch give it to the custy or keep it. You can’t get a reasonably used dirty rug clean in 10-30 minutes they need to be soaked out, flushed and worked over until the water runs clean. You can however shampoo, extract, the surface of most rugs leaving a dirty foundation the client will never know about and stick them as if you really cleaned the rug which many rug cleaners (most) do.

I think I said before make your wash slab as large as you can it's the only way to speed up the process and do a really good job most of the time I’m washing 3-5 rugs at a pop instead of washing one rug for an hour it's 3-5 truth is some rugs take a day to wash washing .... i'm not even talking dusting.

DSCN1735.jpg

You make us feel like hacks! :? :shock: :roll: :twisted: :D

Bob Savage

Name
Bob Savage
I remember, a while back, trying to lift a wet wool rug onto the overhead bar.

Good Lord!

In-plant cleaning of rugs is major work, unless you are set up for it, and have done it long enough to realize what it's all about.

I don't do in-plant cleaning anymore.

rhyde

Name
rhyde
Ken Snow said:
John Henry use to dig ditches by hand too until the steam shovel came along and did it faster and better.

john Henry…the ditch digger?, Al Gore invented the internet and a Moore washer gets rugs thoroughly clean!

Ken, I worked 8 years with a Moore machine there’s no question the profits much better, the works far easier what I’d consider clean nope.

everyone has their definition of clean

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
Randy, You must have worked with a brush machine. The roll-a-jet is an entirely different animal, using compression rollers to move impacted soil with little harm to the nap.

A good indication that there's more soil to be removed is what comes out of a wringer after cleaning. I've never seen muddy water wrung out of a rug that went through our machine, although I've seen it at several places where the rugs were cleaned by hand prior to extraction. To Dusty Robert's credit his extractor has a rinse system since so many rugs go in not quite clean.

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
The Great Oz said:
Randy, You must have worked with a brush machine. The roll-a-jet is an entirely different animal, using compression rollers to move impacted soil with little harm to the nap.

A good indication that there's more soil to be removed is what comes out of a wringer after cleaning. I've never seen muddy water wrung out of a rug that went through our machine, although I've seen it at several places where the rugs were cleaned by hand prior to extraction. To Dusty Robert's credit his extractor has a rinse system since so many rugs go in not quite clean.

Our roll a jet is far superior to our old brush machine for sure. Randy I was not trying to insult you or imply that other methods are inferior, just point out that with good automated equipment production can be greatly increased by a magnitude of 10-20 or more and quality at least equaled or surpassed. Another analogy would be horse drawn carriages vs steam driven then internal combustion engine driven vehicles. Or how about a farmer plowing a field with a horse driven implement? He could possibly handle a few dozen acres of land by himself and 1 horse, but load him up with tractors etc. and he can handle 100's or thousands. Not necc better just more efficient.

Ken

G

Mikey; put you a com a long in the ceiling get a rug rack up on them walls man; you gonna hurt your old rump toting that stuff around.

-JB-

Name
JB
There's a difference tween "studio" cleaning and "in-plant" for sure.

P

pelicanpete

I'm kinda new around here but,
you don't lift rugs,
your suppose to have pullies and ropes
to lift those heavy rugs
do it the easy way,
...work smarter not harder

Bob Martin

-JB-

Name
JB