Female Cleaning Techs

Joe Couch

I am getting ready to hire my first female tech and just wanted some feedback from some of you that employ female technicians.

Do you notice any difference in add on sales?

Are there any additional security issues when they are cleaning solo?

And last but not least is the quality of work usually better or worse than the guys?

T

The Magician

I wouldn't send a female tech out solo for many reasons. They are usually good workers.

hogjowl

Idiot™
Well, of course, it really depends on the individual, but on the whole, my experience with female techs has been good. The two I have employed were better then the men delivering excellent service. However, in todays world, I would seriously have reservations sending a female tech to a house alone.

Just as I would sending a male tech alone, but for different reasons.

Stevea

Joe,

I have had great success with using women for work. The homeowners love having a woman or women in their home, since most of the ones we work for are women.

I have had this for many years without any problems or incident that would be considered negative.

Here is a photo of a couple working on uphol cleaning
williamsuph-1.jpg

It is only my opinion but I feel the women tend to be a lot more detail oriented that most men I have had work with me, just my opinion. Most of the time I have found they work harder than most men will, in general.

Hope this helps a little.

SA

rhyde

Name
rhyde
Consistently women have been the best employees I've had with respect to attitude and work performance.

men whine too much

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
The ones I have run into have had mullets and rode Harleys.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Is that you taking the pic, Steve?
(look at the mirror on the wall)

oh yea, wiminz
we had a couple work with us over the years.
Not CCing though.
One was painter and one was a "general labor"
One worked out very well, the other (the painter) had too damn many personal problems

...L.T.A.

Stevea

Hi Larry,

Yes, it is me taking the picture, I get caught in mirrors on a regular basis while taking photo or video.

SA

Scott

We had many women in the housekeeping gig and a few in the contents cleaning game. A few worked out but no better than men as a whole.

I treat them just as any employee: valuable, but expendable. Once they get that through their head the cream rises to the top and the rest filter to the bottom. Doesn't matter if it's men or women.

Scott

Most my calls are from house wife's. So it helps to have a female with you so they don't feel uncomfortable. The bad part when It's a guy that call and me and the GF show up I have to almost beat them away with a stick.

very_good_quality_print.jpg
[/img]

Stevea

Hi Mikey,

Sorry, I did not understand what you were talking about but no, she is wearing pants, not a dress.

I have 4 women that work with me part time, actually we will be working in one home for three or four days this week. I have found them to be outstanding as to detail and attitude.

I had my daughter work with me for almost 16 years. She was certified in many areas and could run a truck by herself. She has taken and started many water damage jobs for me. Just last Thursday she cared for a cleaning job of carpet cleaning.

I find it works well for me.

SA

DevilDog

I have had four women techs....two of them outstanding. Two almost worthless.

The problem a lot of them have is the physical part. If you are going to be asking them to do the MAIN TECH work you better find one that can handle the physical part.

I truly believe that having a woman tech is a good idea if they can handle the work because it leaves the woman client with a safer feeling.

I had one girl, a very cute girl, that was a definite advantage. She was so good looking it seemed like even the women wanted her around for just the looks. The men suddenly found a reason to stay around.

But she could not handle the physical part. Women seem a little more detailed oriented but that is not always the case, just the average from what I have seen.

If you hire a good looking one and she can handle the work...a real advantage. I can't tell you how many times I think my first woman employee helped me land jobs when we were doing quotes.

The women seemed more at ease with us and the men....well they seemed to use us just to see the woman!! And that is a fact.

Just don't baby them. If they can handle the work...they can handle it. If they can't get rid of them. You are hiring them to do the work...not to baby them.

DevilDog

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
I remember a survey years ago in Cleanfax where women had higher sales then men and as has already been pointed out, they had a better knack for the detail work.
One downfall is that a housewife may "feel" that a man can do the job better because they consider carpet cleaning to be rather physical work.

Stevea

One point to look at today, there are more and more female techs working in the field. Quite a few more are running their own trucks. It has become common place to see them in IICRC Classes.

Some varied comments, my own experiences have been excellent as a whole, it is who I use to work with me today. As for expecting them to work, I usually do not have to ask them or show them anything. Of course I have had the same 4 working with me for the last 7 years.

Not everyone I have worked with worked out well but as a whole I have had great experiences with it. I think it may have to do with looking specifically for ones who have their own cleaning jobs, they already know how to work.

Interesting thread and some interesting thoughts.

SA

breathe72

no way i could do it.

we dont even have time to pee, so we pee while driving to the next job.

if I'm driving and have to use the restroom, i will give kevin the option of either holding the steering wheel for me, or holding the empty mountain dew jug.

he chooses the steering wheel every time.

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
There is no reason not to send a woman alone to a job. 18 years and I never had an issue. if you wouldn't hesitate to send a man alone, there should be no reason you wouldn't send a woman alone.

Take care,
Lisa

Stevea

Lisa,
Glad to hear the viewpoint from a woman operator. While I believe good judgment needs to be taken into account for all the work we do, just being a man or woman does not make it safe. I have walked from some jobs because of just not liking the situation. I would think this to be true for any of us in the days we live in.
SA

Joe Couch

Thank you for all the replies and I am looking forward to see what my new tech is capable of.

Spurling

How about a Bikini Carpet Cleaning company?? charging high prices.. some people would probably get their carpets done more often.. send a hot chick to do the sales ..spotting, tabbing furniture pre spraying and a guy or gal that could handle the scrubbing and moving heavy pieces ..

I thought I heard of a company years ago that did topless house cleaning .. I wonder how profitable that was.

Lora Olson

There's a company here in Utah...yes you heard me right...that is called "Biking Cuts". You can get your hair cut by a gal in a bikini. Yeah, you can imagine there was a hub-bub to start with, but it's died down and the company is doing pretty well!! :D

Dolly

You guy's are killing me.

This month...........only 18 work days and I have hit the 30 mark.......

Geeze............Oh dear Lord, and with a porty and an OP machine.....

Comon Lisa, let's have a margarita.....LOL

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom