extractor recommendation?

petal2metal

Name
John
Tried to search and didn't find much on this.

I watched this video where the guy describes using an extractor so as not to warp the cotton foundation.

Am I correct in thinking that an extractor is used for routine cleaning and submersion for animal urine/deeper stains?

What type/brand of extractor is recommended for routine/general use like this? Thank you

Mikey P

Administrator

I watched this video where the guy describes using an extractor so as not to warp the cotton foundation.

Am I correct in thinking that an extractor is used for routine cleaning and submersion for animal urine/deeper stains?

What type/brand of extractor is recommended for routine/general use like this? Thank you

Thats an EDIC portable.

Nice to see Kirk Saiger found a hobby in his retirement...

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott

A lot of professional rug cleaners will disagree with this guy. Especially using an upholstery tool to extract. Any extractor will do but if you are going to go that route, you want as much vacuum power as you can get.

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
where the guy describes using an extractor so as not to warp the cotton foundation.
Afghani rugs are typically wool on a wool foundation - their fringes are wool.

That wool foundation of an Afghani rug is prone to uneven shrinkage and immersion can cause pretty wild rippling. If the rug isn't heavily soiled there's no reason to risk having to block it back to flat. Blocking one of these is a time-consuming and sometimes impossible task.

Most rugs will clean up far better using an immersion process. Extractors are for those that have nothing else, or for the rugs that won't stand up to immersion.

The more powerful the extractor, the more water you can physically remove and the faster rugs will dry. Faster drying is a good thing.

The high pressure/high heat of a truckmount can damage Oriental rugs, so more power isn't always better.

Back
Top Bottom