Ele trk mount from Magic’s wand

Mikey P

Administrator
Has anybody used Procyon extreme pre spray , with the Vortex lite

I take it that you are band new to the industry..
What are your other options for starting up your ambitious endeavor?

Who or what type of client are you going after?
Does your wife work and can her income cover your nut for a few years?
Have your ever cleaned carpet before?
Do you know your way around a tool bench?
What connections do you have within your township?

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Has anybody used the vortex light buy Magic wand
There's is really no such thing as an electric truck mount. As powerful as the Mytee Vortex is, it's even more powerful if you bring it into the house. Running from your van require a generator and a propane or diesel heater. The electric heaters don't cut it. By the time you buy everything, you could have bought an entry level truck mount that gives you more heat, power and ease of use.

Falls36

Name
James
There's is really no such thing as an electric truck mount. As powerful as the Mytee Vortex is, it's even more powerful if you bring it into the house. Running from your van require a generator and a propane or diesel heater. The electric heaters don't cut it. By the time you buy everything, you could have bought an entry level truck mount that gives you more heat, power and ease of use.
Ok , sounds right

Reactions: BIG WOOD

hogjowl

Idiot™
What’s your target market? Residential , commercial or both? Big city high rise or single story urban or a variation of the two? What do you plan on cleaning Carpet, tile, upholstery or all of the above?
What’s your budget for equipment and chemicals?
Do you have a marketing budget?
What made you choose this industry?

Papa John

Lifetime Supportive Member
Name
John Stewart
Take an IICRC class on carpet and upholstery cleaning to learn the chemistry and science of fiber care.
Otherwise plan on buying customers' furniture and rugs.

FredC

Village Idiot
Take an IICRC class on carpet and upholstery cleaning to learn the chemistry and science of fiber care.

good advice...

I will say that you really don't need to know much not to fvck up most things...just what to avoid

What you will be buying right off the bat though, assuming you don't have a customer list from COIT*, is customers and they aren't cheap. If you are factoring this in and that is the reason for going with less expensive equipment great. If you're strapped for capital and that is the reason for getting a porty then how do you plan to pay for customers?

* I guess you may have a wall street customer list

Reactions: Willy P
Name
Swani
A lot of us started with a portable unit, but if you can afford a truckmount, even an entry level truckmount like a Boxxer 318 or a Saphire Rage you will be better off. There's so much good information on YouTube and Facebook groups, but you also have to weed out the BS. After hanging out in these groups for awhile you will know who is legit and who is trying to sell you some BS.

Mark Saiger as mentioned above is very helpful and you can message him for help, and he has always responded back.

Tim Yeater who owns Grey Matter Chemistry has also been very helpful. He has his own FB page and will answer for any help you may need.

I have also used Excellent Supply for Encaps and have been very pleased with their products.

These are just a few of the people that have helped me, but remember you get what you pay for. Stay away from cheap wands, sprayers, presprays, tools ect. If they are asking you to pay through some platform that doesn't give a proof of purchase, don't do it.

When you get things up and going I highly recommend attending a Mikey's Fest. It was one of the best things I did for my business. So many great people to teach about process, products, machines,tools, systems, financial ect.

Best of luck!

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
How much $ do you have to invest? If your wallet is fat, can I borrow $20? I'll reach back out to you next week when I get my paycheck to pay you back.

• Angry
Reactions: SamIam

Falls36

Name
James
good advice...

I will say that you really don't need to know much not to fvck up most things...just what to avoid

What you will be buying right off the bat though, assuming you don't have a customer list from COIT*, is customers and they aren't cheap. If you are factoring this in and that is the reason for going with less expensive equipment great. If you're strapped for capital and that is the reason for getting a porty then how do you plan to pay for customers?

* I guess you may have a wall street customer list
Hmm ok that’s funny , What is COIT

Falls36

Name
James
A lot of us started with a portable unit, but if you can afford a truckmount, even an entry level truckmount like a Boxxer 318 or a Saphire Rage you will be better off. There's so much good information on YouTube and Facebook groups, but you also have to weed out the BS. After hanging out in these groups for awhile you will know who is legit and who is trying to sell you some BS.

Mark Saiger as mentioned above is very helpful and you can message him for help, and he has always responded back.

Tim Yeater who owns Grey Matter Chemistry has also been very helpful. He has his own FB page and will answer for any help you may need.

I have also used Excellent Supply for Encaps and have been very pleased with their products.

These are just a few of the people that have helped me, but remember you get what you pay for. Stay away from cheap wands, sprayers, presprays, tools ect. If they are asking you to pay through some platform that doesn't give a proof of purchase, don't do it.

When you get things up and going I highly recommend attending a Mikey's Fest. It was one of the best things I did for my business. So many great people to teach about process, products, machines,tools, systems, financial ect.

Best of luck!
Ok People thanks .. Here I go

Reactions: Living The Dream

Meter Maid

The Undetective
Name
Chris
You say finding the business will be easy for you, and maybe you’re right, but we’ve all heard this many times.

The carpet cleaning boards/groups are full of used gear bought by people who focused on gear/process and then realized getting customers is the hard part.

That said, if you can’t buy a truckmount right now, I’d go VLM.

Falls36

Name
James
How much $ do you have to invest? If your wallet is fat, can I borrow $20? I'll reach back out to you next week when I get my paycheck to pay you back.
You say finding the business will be easy for you, and maybe you’re right, but we’ve all heard this many times.

The carpet cleaning boards/groups are full of used gear bought by people who focused on gear/process and then realized getting customers is the hard part.

That said, if you can’t buy a truckmount right now, I’d go VLM.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom