Disposable $1500 wands

Mikey P

Administrator
FB_IMG_1676983677394.jpg

Another Bristor wand owner complaining that Joe wont sell him a replacement window ( or Glide, or valve or..)

Next year when the swivel fails, the cleaner will have to buy another complete wand as these junk chinese swivels are unserviceable.

Waste of money.

Unrelated but not,

Got a call last night from Steve Dobson, an old Mikey border who bought a swivel wand about 5 years ago. Now that he's 54, he's tired of the weight and he says he's locked out the swivel and never pays attention to the window. Hes thrilled with the idea of the easy Glide interchangeability of a Sapphire wand, the super lightweight and all the physical benefits of using a 5 ft whip hose.
He feels that he's mature and responsible enough to deal with the heavy moral dilemma of leaving carpets wetter for those additional 5 minutes and will somehow be able to sleep at night.

Self Serve this Pig Slop, you don't clean enough to know this. The damage that the swivel wands could or can create in your own decrepit elbow, but someday Brady's going to be real pissed off at you for forcing him to use that thing.

Saiger knows it too. Aaron will in a few years

Tighten up the set screws and lock it before its too late. Elbow damage is no joke.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Never bought into the swivels, S bend , expensive "Ego" wands.
My 1992 Castex 16 inch non swivel straight highly modified wand is state of the art.

Mikey P

Administrator
Never bought into the swivels, S bend , expensive "Ego" wands.
My 1992 Castex 16 inch non swivel straight highly modified wand is state of the art.

Ill sell you a new 16 straight bend Sharpshooter I have here for testing, same premiss but better airflow and Im guessing lighter

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni

I'm confused.
wasn't you a convert and extoling the wonderous virtues of the swivel when you were madly in love with and promoting DevTomWands a couple/three years ago?

Is Brent a new guy that doesn't know your fickle ways?
How it's the greatest ....until it's not and you fell in love with something else??

..L.T.A.

..L.T.A.

• Love
Reactions: hogjowl

Mikey P

Administrator
I'm confused.
wasn't you a convert and extoling the wonderous virtues of the swivel when you were madly in love with and promoting DevTomWands a couple/three years ago?

Is Brent a new guy that doesn't know your fickle ways?
How it's the greatest ....until it's not and you fell in love with something else??

..L.T.A.

..L.T.A.
Actually you're not confused at all. You're just trying to call my bluff and ignore what I've clearly stated many times in the past year that the swivel wants took a year or so to start wearing and tearing at my wrist, elbow and shoulder. And now that I talk to carpet cleaners about wands every day all day, I know I'm not alone in that problem and I've talked to countless others who have abandoned their swivel wands after a year or so of use when they put two and two together.
If Tom's had a lock on it, I'd probably still use it here and there, but I actually like the sapphire better due to the super cool glide swap out system and it works a bit better, which is very noticeable when you are extracting water when they ditch off of the hard surface floor

Mikey P

Administrator
The above screenshot comes from a similar Facebook post I made this morning where more than a few people are saying they had the same issues too.

Mikey P

Administrator
Of course Marty will come on now and say where he hasn't had issues. But he cleans one job a day if that and then Damon will come on saying it's all lies. But he'll defend Tom to any degree.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
what are the reasons you and Jeff Miller suggest swivels cause "severe " damage long term?

I never cared for swivel head when you got the de jour pack followers to buy them.

But what is about the swivel that causes any more or less repetitive motion ills?

..L.T.A.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
RELIGION HAS CHANGED HIM LARRY!

I believe it to be genuine.
It doesn't fix character flaws though.

lots of folks worship Mike as a guru and hang on his every word.
Perhaps he should temper his big mouth and be more cautious .
'cause now all the guys that bought the over priced, hard to push, swivel wands as a result of his previous love affair, are now doomed to "severe" ortho problems ....or throw away an $18000 wand "formerly know as" the greatest evah and buy the new "greatest wand evah"...

1677022517728.png

..L.T.A.

Reactions: TConway

Mikey P

Administrator
what are the reasons you and Jeff Miller suggest swivels cause "severe " damage long term?

I never cared for swivel head when you got the de jour pack followers to buy them.

But what is about the swivel that causes any more or less repetitive motio

It's the constant action of centering the wand tube with the resistance of the vacuum hose behind you and the weight involved.

Mikey P

Administrator
I believe it to be genuine.
It doesn't fix character flaws though.

lots of folks worship Mike as a guru and hang on his every word.
Perhaps he should temper his big mouth and be more cautious .
'cause now all the guys that bought the over priced, hard to push, swivel wands as a result of his previous love affair, are now doomed to "severe" ortho problems ....or throw away an $18000 wand "formerly know as" the greatest evah and buy the new "greatest wand evah"...

View attachment 121145

..L.T.A.

Or they can just clean the grease out of the bearing rays. Dump a tube of black locktite in there lengthen and tighten the three set screws and use it as a rigid wand, there Mr Melodramatic.

Besides, if it wasn't for my character flaws this hellhole wouldn't exist..

BTW I'm pretty sure Jeff Millar is one of Tom's best customers and owns many of his wands, of the rigid variety.

jeffexe

Name
jeff
I purchased a swivel wand as it was all the rage. First I am not a fan of 4 jets. I noticed that after using it continuously for say 3 days my back started to feel tense. Started switching from evolution 13 to swivel and found a balance. I am thinking about replacing the swivel as I do not see much difference in cleaning results. Thinking about that nice 16 sharpshooter or a 13 sharpshooter.

Reactions: Mikey P

TConway

Supportive Member
Name
Thomas Conway
Well I'm super happy you have a Doctors degree Mike.
That 4mm slot is causing premature elbow and rotator cuff due to more back and forth wand strokes.
IM SICK OF YOUR SLANDER, YOUR UNEDUCATED OPINIONS THAT YOU COME UP WITH IN YOUR OWN MIND.
It is also a GOOD thing I make a rigid version as well isn't it.
You need to grow up, stop taking every opportunity to try and talk trash about me our my products Mike.
I am not talking trash about you, I just talked with someone the other day and Said the MF event is a great event.
The problem is your overly large mouth on that overly large head of yours speaks only opinions you have put in your own head
This is why I Brushed off you supposed apology attemp a few weeks before your show as complete Bull%#!*......and your actions everywhere on line is just proving that.
I wish you well, and I hope that you can someday maybe you will understand the path I'm on has nothing to do with you.
The decision I made was to keep you from having to represent my product, or sell your product, HSW or brush glide, as a friend, I didn't want that to happen.
HSW and Brush Glide both have there place but you can't seem to wrap your LARGE head around that.
$25.00 brush replacement is much cheaper than 220.00 brush glide, how long is a 1/16" gonna last using it every day.
It is perfect for guys that do the occasional kitchen or entry,
The videos I see guys are bending over to get it to dry....is that good for the body?
The guys buying our HSW are telling me the brush glide wasn't the answer.
Mike and Rob A are two peas in a pod, you both pray on the newbies, and that is fine.
But the OGs that are on this board have listened to you all these years, and know when you are telling a different story,
So honestly what Mikey are we to believe the one that had a good relationship with someone, or the Mikey that the relationship went bad and now he has " NEW LIGHT "
I wonder what will happen to Legend Brands when you go your separate ways.
Have you convinced them to go with your lip less green glide yet. Have you pressured them enough yet?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom