Discount for Mikey's Board Members

JCoviello

LONG before I even tried it, just looking at it made me say "unproductive". After I tried it, I said "yep".

I don't know about you guys, but the typical colonial 3-4 bedroom + a hall and stairs (Hey lets switch out to ANOTHER tool) usually has furniture, turns, curves and crap to get around...not an open room where you can just "suck and play". That's one of the reason's the Mytee unit with the swivel is a Godsend. Talk about productivity!

Makes me wonder if the inventor ever had to work for a living on the truck in the real world.

Okay Erik, go ahead and come up with some smart ass reply. I don't know you, dont' have an agenda etc...I'm just calling like I see it...scratch that...LIVE it. That tool has no place on a high production rig.

Erik

Supportive Member
Name
Erik
JCoviello said:
LONG before I even tried it, just looking at it made me say "unproductive". After I tried it, I said "yep".

I don't know about you guys, but the typical colonial 3-4 bedroom + a hall and stairs (Hey lets switch out to ANOTHER tool) usually has furniture, turns, curves and crap to get around...not an open room where you can just "suck and play". That's one of the reason's the Mytee unit with the swivel is a Godsend. Talk about productivity!

Makes me wonder if the inventor ever had to work for a living on the truck in the real world.

Okay Erik, go ahead and come up with some smart ass reply. I don't know you, dont' have an agenda etc...I'm just calling like I see it...scratch that...LIVE it. That tool has no place on a high production rig.

Jay, i can promise you i've cleaned way more carpet than you could dream of getting, and still do everyday. There are carpet cleaners that like to do production carpet cleaning and not care what the job turns out like. Apparently you have never put your hands on the Zipper Jay; however, if you did you would have a differnt perspective. Do you clean the stairs with a wand too?

JCoviello

Erik said:
JCoviello said:

Jay, i can promise you i've cleaned way more carpet than you could dream of getting, and still do everyday. There are carpet cleaners that like to do production carpet cleaning and not care what the job turns out like. Apparently you have never put your hands on the Zipper Jay; however, if you did you would have a differnt perspective. Do you clean the stairs with a wand too?

Yep...that's about what I expected. Sarcastic, belittleing comments. Right on target!

I can assure you, after 20 years in the industry (17 realy active) you aint seen half the shit I've seen or cleaned half the crap I have. Our jobs turn out WELL and we have a VERY high producton rate with HIGH customer retention. Period.

I DID have your wand in my hand. Shane at New England Steamway showed it to me, and tried to sell it to me. (Don't get pissed at Shane...he was pushing it to the best of his ability. Get pissed at your product.)

So in the end there Erik - based on your response, is a BIG STIFF MIDDLE for you.

middle_finger-12207.jpg

You rock, but your product sucks for those of us not just playing the game but earning a real living one customer at a time.

Thanks for playing...

Greenie

So I guess Jay is saying he hasn't actually cleaned with it.

I don't think the residential example listed was the target market the Zipper was designed for, it's just an option for the Jr. Even Erik uses a Ti wand in most of his houses.

What am I missing, and why so much animosity towards the product?

Erik

Supportive Member
Name
Erik
JCoviello said:
Erik said:
JCoviello said:

Yep...that's about what I expected. Sarcastic, belittleing comments. Right on target!

I can assure you, after 20 years in the industry (17 realy active) you aint seen half the shit I've seen or cleaned half the crap I have. Our jobs turn out WELL and we have a VERY high producton rate with HIGH customer retention. Period.

I DID have your wand in my hand. Shane at New England Steamway showed it to me, and tried to sell it to me. (Don't get pissed at Shane...he was pushing it to the best of his ability. Get pissed at your product.)

So in the end there Erik - based on your response, is a BIG STIFF MIDDLE for you.

middle_finger-12207.jpg

You rock, but your product sucks for those of us not just playing the game but earning a real living one customer at a time.

Thanks for playing...
That boy looks like me when I was a kid. The Zipper is not for every carpet cleaner, that's why everyone has their own tools in their shed. But I appreciated your blunt opinion.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Share the love.

Don't worry Erik. If people get pissed or have differing views atleast you got their attention and opened up the dialog.(keeps your post at the top of the page.)

Atleast the board Natzis haven't erased your posts. This place is becoming more like TMFers every day.

Bob Foster

Dave, your not so subtle sales messages about your marketing program are starting to put you in the same category of Mr. Slide.

Your threads were deleted because they had absolutely nothing to do with pile distortion caused by high psi extraction pressures.

I know you think you can sell carpet cleaners on promoting their business to clients for hardly any time and money but you aren't going to continue promoting your business here for no money.

Buy a banner, post in the marketing room or stay on subject.

Your free skate is over.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
I didn't want to get into it. But, you brought it up prompting my reply,

I thought the question in the post was "are we farmers?"
Which reminded me of planting seeds to building relationships.

My intent was not to sell or promote anything.

I thought it was more relevant and benificial to most cleaners than pics of distorted carpets which most cleaner already know to avoid.

Bob Foster

Just think about the statement you just made

"I thought it was more relevant and benificial to most cleaners than pics of distorted carpets which most cleaner already know to avoid."

You make the presumption that what you want to sell is more meaningful and important than the pile distortion thread. You then made the conscious choice looking for any excuse to put your two bits in about your marketing stuff. We're tired of it.

That's Polish-Wagner-Allen like hucksterism and we won't have it on this board.

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
I have a bunch of empty dorm rooms I clean every year, 6/7 k sq ft per day as well as a couple of restaurants

looks like it would go well for that

Name
Jesse
While I don't care for Dave's annoying post's on Dave's marketing, I really don't think they should be deleted, they're benign.

Besides, I don't think Dave would have much reason to come here if he couldn't play his card. Occasionally he has something to say that isn't Dave related.

Don't turn this into a classroom, some of us are dropouts.

Greenie

Out Of Character said:
While I don't care for Dave's annoying post's on Dave's marketing, I really don't think they should be deleted, they're benign.

BENIGN: definition; denotation as a medical term in medical discourse to describe a mild and nonprogressive sickness.

My question is: Is Dave contagious?

JCoviello

Erik said:
That boy looks like me when I was a kid. The Zipper is not for every carpet cleaner, that's why everyone has their own tools in their shed. But I appreciated your blunt opinion.

Erik, I shared my opinion and you got all pissy. I'm not sure why. Can someone not have an opinion about your product?

Is it nice? Sure.

Is it well built? Seems so.

Is it expensive? Hell yes.

Is it made for high production rates on a typical residential job? Nope.

I'm just not sure where the product fits in the world of CC. Do we need another bulky wand? Or is this just something to sell another BDCC to fatten up their credit card balance when they don't need it? I see this industry rife with crap we really don't need, but presented as a "must have" item.

Mikey P said:
That's one of the reason's the Mytee unit with the swivel is a Godsend. Talk about productivity!

Is that comment based on experience or speculation?

Experience. I had/have one of the first units. Have you tried the swivel for a few months? You'll never go back once you learn how to manipulate the wand with that swivel.

Greenie said:

I don't think the residential example listed was the target market the Zipper was designed for, it's just an option for the Jr. Even Erik uses a Ti wand in most of his houses.

In a house? No.

No animosity towards the product. Just an opinion, and a piss poor response back regarding that opinion.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
My friend Bob.

Step back and take a breath.

Don't you see the irony of this whole situation?

You spank me for advertising (which I still don't think I did)

In the middle of a post that is nothing but an advertisment for a wand!!!

It's not even in the supplier specials.

There couldn't be a more blatent ad than this post.

It even contains a sales video of the product.

I have never done this.

(Starting a ad in the clean room, much less one that even includes a video)

The inconsistantcy is starting to look a bit silly.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
If I started an ad I would of also paid for it as I have paid for many ads in the suppler room.

Adding a generalized comment abould marketing wasn't intended to be an advertisment.
I was just trying to help others.

I give hundred of cleaners free help every month.

(This post was not intended to be an advertisment)

Name
Eric Valentine
JCoviello said:
I'm just not sure where the product fits in the world of CC. Do we need another bulky wand? Or is this just something to sell another BDCC to fatten up their credit card balance when they don't need it? I see this industry rife with crap we really don't need, but presented as a "must have" item.
I see it fitting this way:
1: You have a large commercial carpet cleaning job that needs HWE.
2: You have technicians that can't do much more than figure out a regular wand.
3: You know that there will be no dry strokes happening.
4: You wouldn't trust any of the technicians with an RX-20 or similar tool.
5: Wanding a large area with a standard wand could hurt your back and shoulders.

Here is what the Zipper Jr would do:
1,2: It isn't any more complicated than a regular wand to run.
3: Having dual vacuum heads, dry strokes are not needed.
4: IMO, it is idiot-proof, just use it like a wand.
5: 2 handles, push/pull the tool, not unlike using an OP or Cimex in theory.

I haven't seen one up close, just the videos and pictures. The tool makes sense to me for large open jobs, and unoccupied residential/apartments.

Name
Jesse
Greenie said:
Out Of Character said:

BENIGN: definition; denotation as a medical term in medical discourse to describe a mild and nonprogressive sickness.

My question is: Is Dave contagious?

LOL Jeff,

He says his marketing is..... I don't think 1 of us has caught it though. :D Poor Dave

3 a : of a mild type or character that does not threaten health or life; especially : not becoming cancerous <a benign lung tumor> b : having no significant effect :

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
when moving forward aren't you just sucking up prespray? or is there a technique manual for us morons

Erik

Supportive Member
Name
Erik
Matt Murdock said:
when moving forward aren't you just sucking up prespray? or is there a technique manual for us morons

Yes, you are sucking up the prespray but it has already done its job, the same as you would with a wand going straight up and straight back. The difference is you are starting to clean with your forward stroke, with the back vacuum port. It works great for flushing the prespray out of the carpet.

Mike Draper

JCoviello said:
Erik said:

Erik, I shared my opinion and you got all pissy. I'm not sure why. Can someone not have an opinion about your product?

Is it nice? Sure.

Is it well built? Seems so.

Is it expensive? Hell yes.

Is it made for high production rates on a typical residential job? Nope.

Mikey P said:
That's one of the reason's the Mytee unit with the swivel is a Godsend. Talk about productivity!

Is that comment based on experience or speculation?

Experience. I had/have one of the first units. Have you tried the swivel for a few months? You'll never go back once you learn how to manipulate the wand with that swivel.

Greenie said:

In a house? No.

No animosity towards the product. Just an opinion, and a piss poor response back regarding that opinion.

I gotta be honest Jay....I thought you were being an asshole. Just my opinion though, no reason to get pissy.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom