Dave Yankum's sales training 101

Chris A

Name
Chris
C'mon, what housewife could say no to this face...?

Dave_Photo_cropped-oval2-130x219.jpg

Between your pos equipment and general creepiness, I imagine most female homeowners that write you $1000 checks are thrilled that's all it cost to get you out of the house! Maybe I'd be more inclined to take business advice from you if you still had 16 employees...

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I think this should have been a Bird Room topic

But Dave gave some good marketing advice....So I'm torn. lol

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
This is a good one.

Dean Rieck once wrote, “Selling is simply offering the right product to the right people at the right time in the right way. You aren’t forcing your customer to say yes; you’re taking away his reasons to say no.”

joe harper

Name
joe harper
"NO" Means "NO"

"NO" means NO.

"Not Now" means NO.

"Maybe Later" means NO.

"I Have A Boy/Girlfriend" means NO.

"No Thanks" means NO.

"You're Not My Type" means NO.

"*#^+ Off!" means NO.

"I'd Rather Be Alone Right Now" means NO.

"Don't Touch Me" means NO.

"I Really Like You But ..." means NO.

"Let's Just Go To Sleep" means NO.

"I'm Not Sure" means NO.

"You've/I've Been Drinking" means NO.

SILENCE means NO.

"_Get out of the BaThTuB_ " means NO.

Date Rape = Not Understanding "NO."

F

FB7777

Chris Adkins said:
C'mon, what housewife could say no to this face...?

Dave_Photo_cropped-oval2-130x219.jpg

Between your pos equipment and general creepiness, I imagine most female homeowners that write you $1000 checks are thrilled that's all it cost to get you out of the house! Maybe I'd be more inclined to take business advice from you if you still had 16 employees...
Brokum is the biggest brokedick cheapskate marketing assclown the carpet cleaning bulletin boards have and will Ever see

there isn't anyone even close to this level 3 looking buffoon

Bob Foster

Pablum that appeals to the the lowest denominator in salesmanship. It would only appeal to people who sell cars or for maybe an anonymous telemarketer.

Any person who is aggressive enough to keep persisting and pressuring someone who after clearly saying no or not interested is obnoxious inconsiderate and unprofessional.

It doesn't surprise me that you buy into that BS Yankum...

F

FB7777

If brokum had even 1 billionth the tenacious aggressive sales prowess he presents wouldn't he be a tad more successful?

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Bob Foster said:
Pablum that appeals to the the lowest denominator in salesmanship. It would only appeal to people who sell cars or for maybe an anonymous telemarketer.

Any person who is aggressive enough to keep persisting and pressuring someone who after clearly saying no or not interested is obnoxious inconsiderate and unprofessional.

It doesn't surprise me that you buy into that BS Yankum...

It's obvious that your sale training is very lacking or non-existent.

Proper sales skills doesn't involve pressure or giving up after the first No.

The word No gives you a reason to find why they are saying no.

Usually they just need you to listen explain a benefit that will solve the no objection,

For instance: A major objection is money. They don't want to spent the money.

They really value saving money.

With a little practice even a trained monkey can say. "That's great because carpet protection will save them money on carpet replacement and it could be a real problem solver when their grandchildren come over for a visit."

You just closed a sale, Bing, Bing, Bing!!!!

It's easy!

Just have a sincere interest to help the client and with a little practice you can turn almost any objection into more sales.

Be a problem solver, Be a pro, Offer value, listen to the client, Handle their objections...... Make more money!

You and your client will both benefit.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
now Dave I have read many of your posts. I have 1 question, do you think your company is more successful than Fred Boyles?

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
another question guru. I do not sell much protector because i do not believe it works but how much do you sell and can you fax an invoice for the amount of your last order

Bob Foster

If you had any indication of what matters to customers you really could be busy. BTW that picture of you on your pathetic website probably scares most of your potential customers away.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
XTREME1 said:
now Dave I have read many of your posts. I have 1 question, do you think your company is more successful than Fred Boyles?

There are many ways to be successful in this business.

I'm having a great year. Working as little or as much as I want. Great clients everyday that are very eager to have my services reguardless of price.(Most prospects don't even ask about price) Top of almost every keyword. High job average, Great assistant. My clients leave raving reviews on line on a regular basis. I don't even have to work this winter if i don't want to.

So, I don't care about how or why others value success for their own reasons.

I'm loving it!!!!!!!!!!!

(Anyway It's pleasing my client that matter to me. Not pleasing a bunch of close minded, rock throwing carpet cleaners.
If you don't want a few generic tips on handling client objections, it's your loss. )

Able 1

Name
Keith
Dave Yoakum said:
I'm having a great year. Working as little or as much as I want. Great clients everyday that are very eager to have my services reguardless of price.(Most prospects don't even ask about price) Top of almost every keyword. High job average, Great assistant.

Job average 330? 1 job a day... I'm sure your "great assistant" that your paying 10 bucks an hour cash appreciates the 3 hours he works every day. 1 job a day is way less then average here... :lol:

Mikey P

Administrator
out of curiosity, what do you smell like Dave?

Not after a hard day stalking children,er I mean cleaning carpet but like half way though an average Sunday of sitting around the house?

No way in hell does a guy who has that look smell like their hair shampoo or deodorant

So what is the smell?

12 pack?
Gingivitis?
3 days of undrained waste tank?
Kitty litter?
Milk breath?

hey Marty, blow me

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
This is hilarious!

I dont think dave's idea is that bad though, just highly doubt he can sell it and find it even harder to believe he can train someone to sell it.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Wow!!

Some of you guys sure have a vivid imagination. Seems like a bunch of old women with too much time of their hands that get a kick from spreading gossip and innuendos.

Let's see;

Mike,
I smell just fine. I have never smoked, I drink rarely, I don't sit on the sofa all day or have I done any stalking. My tank is drained at least once a day and smells like chlorine.

Able,
Your job average estimate of $330 is a bit low as is your number of jobs a day. My great assistant makes far more than 10 bucks an hour. Usually he makes $80-140 per day. (A $80 day would be for working around 3-4 hours.)

Now to get back to some sales tips.

Here is an exercise you can do:

-Write down a script for your complete in-home (Or commercial) sale process. From intro/greeting to post cleaning instructions.

-Make a list of common client objectives and then find answers for each that will proceed to a sale.(Many of the reasons for not buying, can be used as reasons why they should make a buying decision)

-Make a list of the many benefits of every service you offer.

-Have several different sales closes you can use in your repertuar.

-Have demo supplies ready for when you when you conduct the pre inspection (White towel, spotter, small Deo sample, blotter cards etc...)

Doing these things, if you haven't already will make your jobs more uniform.

You'll have happier clients and you'll make more money$$$$$$$$$$$

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
Or do great work at a reasonable price and get all the work you will ever need.

Chris A

Name
Chris
Dave Yoakum said:
Learn to love, embrace and expect the word NO.

Because, It will open the dialogue to get you to the YES.

Here is a good article on it:

http://michelfortin.com/ways-turn/

That was a great video lesson on how to be an asshole yokum. Maybe theirs a difference between selling a basement waterproofing job or a used car vs selling to people who you are (hopefully) going to see every year or 750 two for years.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
It's like you guys have never taken a sales course or at least read a few books on closing sales and answering objection.

I like Tom Hopkins.

This book might be a good start for learning how to close: http://www.google.com/products/catalog? ... EEQ8wIwAg#
Or look into some of his other books.

Might be the best money you have ever spent if you actually apply what you learn.

Chris A

Name
Chris
If your persistence towards your clients is anything like your persistence in this thread then you've proven my point.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Chris Adkins said:
If your persistence towards your clients is anything like your persistence in this thread then you've proven my point.

You're mistaking offering help and improving lives as persistence in both cases.

As opposed to most of the other responses in this thread from posters who are more adept at tearing down others lives instead of improving them.

Does a basketball player give up after missing one basket?

Does a golfer expect a hole in one, on every shot or walk off the course?

If you swing one strike do you have a hissy fit?

Then why do you wilt after the first client objection?

If they object. You just have to ask WHY they object.

Then you can get to the root of the problem and work to a mutual solution.

With a little training even a monkey can do it.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
who are you talking to Yoakum. Rah Rah shit is for rookies

He is improving lives Chris

F

FB7777

I think Yankums record speaks for itself

Got tossed from t m f for freeloader peddlling

Got warned on ICS multiple times for freeloader peddling

Drives around in a POS van that a real pedophile would be embarrassed to peddle in

Spouts basic sales crap here all in the effort to freeload peddle his stupid basic sales crap here

Hence his Avatar and tagline

AND DOESN"T HAVE THE COMMON SENSE TO STFU OR PAY MIKEY A DIME

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom