Damaged In Shipping

Jim Morrison

Name
jim
I ordered a Little Giant heater and it got a dent on the edge in shipping. The shipping box was pretty roughed up and must have had a pretty good blow as the unit had foam packing blocks along the edges. Is this any reason for concern? Any comments on what you would do?

The shipper said the box was in good shape when in left him.
I will get the transport company to come have a look at it during the week.

IMG_5154.jpg

IMG_5151.jpg

Bob Foster

It probably won't hurt because the coil is quite a way from the corners. The box looked like it was squashed and not dropped. So it's likely OK.

Just pop off the top diffuser and look down in at the coil as it is right in front of you. The diffuser is just friction fitted into the top of the little giant.

Name
I'm Rick James
I would be sooooo piiisssed. Bob is right the heater should be fine. Make some waves with the shipping company.

MicahR

Name
Micah Richardson
That's typical with shipping little giant heaters. 9 times out of 10 it will arrived damaged.

Able 1

Name
Keith
MicahR said:
That's typical with shipping little giant heaters. 9 times out of 10 it will arrived damaged.

Why? Most things I get are over-packed.. I wouldn't accept that for a second, it dosent look like what you ordered... Unless it had that big ass dent in the catalog.

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
I agree with Keith. Call Little Giant direct and get some serious money back or the shipping company. I personally would want a new one.
Gene

Shane T

Name
Shane Tiegs
Maybe it"s just Wisconsin roads but the "one" thing I don't like about the LG heaters is they tend to be the cause of a lot of sqeeks & rattles very quickly. That dent isn't going to help.

G

Send it back; I wouldn't care much for that heater after all that damage; You never know what kind of stress that dent created internally. You would want to peek outside and see your friends bbq'ing over what use to be you lively hood!!

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Who did you buy it from? Did they send it FOB? Did you buy insurance?Did you sign for it? Depending on your answer it might be yours and the shipping companies problem not the sellers or little giants. Doesn't mean I agree or that the person who sold it to you won't help you but legally it just might be yours alone :|

C

Chris Sheldon

You paid good money for that heater; I would want it "as new". Have the shipping company make it right.

Bob Savage

Name
Bob Savage
I had Yellow Freight do a real number on one of our LP heaters we shipped out a few years back.

They reimbursed me for the damage, and I sent out a new heater in the meantime.

That dent will not effect the unit at all. I would contact the shipper for some compensation, but don't count on it being very much.

If you remove the skin, you can pop the dent out. I know, you shouldn't have to do that on a new piece of equipment, but sending it back is not a good solution.

Spurling

I bought one a few years ago and it came to me all beat up in worse condition than yours .. I called little giant to see what they would do for me .. the guy I spoke to was very cocky and rude to me as if it were my fault .. then he said he would ship me a new skin .. I said im a carpet cleaner not a handy man ..I asked if they would just give me some money back and he said no just send the unit back and they will send another one out .. so I sent the one back .. a few weeks later they sent me one with out the vent cap .. im like WTF .. good thing I wasnt in a hurry to have one .. so I called the distributor and they called little giant .. the distributor called back and said the vent cap wasnt included .. I was so pissed .. I said if I dont get my cap Im sending the heater back and going kero .. I got my cap a week later ..

I know its the shipping company's fault .. but the guy at little giant I spoke to has no business handling customer service .. I was willing to keep the damaged product but only at damaged pricing .. I say they line the box with wood panels or something ..

Jim Morrison

Name
jim
Who did you buy it from?

A supplier up here in Alberta.

Did they send it FOB?

We split the cost of the shipping from his shop to mine.

Did you buy insurance?

No

Did you sign for it?

Yes
I'm pretty sure the transporter will acknowledge any fault of theirs, this is a small place.

Will let you know how it plays out next week. My main concern is the integrity of the unit. I don't have a problem with the dent so long as the thing doesn't break down in the short term.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
the dent won't hurt anything. It would end up more trouble then it's worth to have it replaced. They will come take the unit then issue a insurance check to buy a new one to your disty IF the shipping adjuster accepts responsibility. might just be easier to pound it out and live with it.

Walt

Mine came the same way - beat to heck. The box is completely under built to be shipped by any service. And your right it is easier to just pound it out.

But really... Little Giant knows there is a problem with shipping and does nothing?

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
HA.....

my propane burner came all packaged in a nice WOOD FRAME..

only thing to hurt that, would be something that speared it...

could be picked up by a forklift like regular...

all for roughly the same price as the little giant...

more and more i dont like them

Walt

floorguy said:
HA.....

my propane burner came all packaged in a nice WOOD FRAME..

only thing to hurt that, would be something that speared it...

could be picked up by a forklift like regular...

all for roughly the same price as the little giant...

more and more i dont like them

What kind do you have??

Greenie

Yea, Little Giant pretty much sucks, I hate any time I "have" to drop ship from them, I prefer to ship it here, inspect, repack and put my name on it, but it cost more and I ain't UPS so we just learn to accept a lower profit margin to better service the customer, facts of life.

It would be great if an alternative thermostatically controlled (Not Flow Fired) boiler existed, then we wouldn't "have" to deal with LG, cause frankly copper coils are super efficient and some guys like the smaller size/footprint and don't like black pipe and can't afford stainless not to mention stainless is less efficient.

Doug means well, but i don't think those steel eagle units are priced the same, but I haven't looked in a long time, just struck me as odd cause i Never remember them being priced competitively. oh and one note, I specifically look for UPS ground packaging, not everyone has a forklift or wants to pay for a liftgate delivery truck, so the pallet stuff isn't in the consideration for most.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
well greenie go look at the price on the site.. :shock: :shock:

I went and picked mine up, used their forklift and then figured it out on my own at home...

or MOST my deliveries the driver and i lifted it out...

But much like everything in life...you have to decide what you want to deal with and what you dont... And for me, i would purchase another one in a heartbeat....But i wont have to cu its built like a fookin tank.. :wink: :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom