da Zipper.

Erik

Supportive Member
Name
Erik
dealtimeman said:
so at 350 feet of 2.5 inch hose the zipper does not work well?

2.5" hose is a whole new ball game, which would increase the airflow for further run. I haven't tried it but in theory, I think it would work great. The more airflow the better.

Erik

Supportive Member
Name
Erik
danielc said:
I would definetely buy one if I could get a guarantee that it would not streak. I have two accounts that I do every two weeks that are literally killing my lower back and joints. My prochem 4 jet wand is useless on these jobs. I have to use the RX on the main areas and the wand on the other areas. I am cleaning it in two weeks and will take pictures. You will not believe how dirty the carpets will be in two weeks. The kitchen is so greasy you literally have to tip toe around. I am going to clean it as well this time, and hopefully the carpets will stay clean longer. I would be willing to try out the zipper on this carpet and post before and after pics. If there is no streaking, then I might buy two.

As far as the jet pattern, they are perfectly alligned, no over-spray and an even flow pattern. The bridges are recessed so high in the glides, you will definently not leave bridge marks.

Erik

Supportive Member
Name
Erik
danielc said:
I would not be using the zipper on residential jobs and would want a higher flow. Heat is not an issue. I can hook into the hot water supply at 160 degrees and maintain 230 with a high flow with that hot water going to the machine. Like I said in the post before, "if the wand leaves streaks on certain jobs I do I would have no use for it." So if the guy selling them would let me use it with a 30 day guarantee I would buy one.

We offer a two week trial period from the date of delivery. Make sure you order one when you have jobs lined up to use it on. If you don't like the Zipper for any reason, send it back for a full refund, minus oneway shipping.

One thing I really like about the zipper is how easy it looks to operate. My helpers can't run the wand to save their life and the they are way too slow with the rx. I am sure they could operate the zipper.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Now if it was more reasonably priced .........say $700.

Erik

Supportive Member
Name
Erik
Walrus said:
Now if it was more reasonably priced .........say $700.

I have a customer in Omaha, Nebraska that bought one and might let you try his out and then give me a price.

I just bought my sister a nice little car for 2500. When you think about it that is an engine, tires, transmission, body, radio etc. You get my point. I don't care how nice people think a rx or any other tool is. They are all overpriced. 3 grand for metal production tool is just a little too much in my opinion.

Name
Nate W.
danielc said:
I just bought my sister a nice little car for 2500. When you think about it that is an engine, tires, transmission, body, radio etc. You get my point. I don't care how nice people think a rx or any other tool is. They are all overpriced. 3 grand for metal production tool is just a little too much in my opinion.

Hmm......... :roll:

Something is only worth as much as someone will pay for them. RX been around for too long. I see your point, but it's moot to say the least. What's the ROI??

Chris A

Name
Chris
danielc said:

That's pretty short sighted considering how long one of those tools will l a s t...

Ed

Name
Ed Prevost
Look at the Turbo Tools. They were ridiculously overpriced when they first came out, then dropped to about 1/2 the price. This tool is overpriced to me, but to some it's not. The market will decide.

TimP

I have to agree that an RX is over priced. However you can get them way under retail brand new. These zipper wands can be made way cheaper than how they are being made now, I think they are over engineered/machined. They do look like quality from the picture but if a titanium wand is 1200 it should be well less than 2 titainum wands. I think this tool should be less than 2 grand. But that's my opinion. Also I have no desire to own one, so my opinion probably don't count.

Mikey P

Administrator
Its called mass production folks.

Erik is nowhere near that point yet.

Remember the $900 Airpath? It was made by hand too.

Now look at it.

It cost more to be the first kid on the block with the cool new tools.

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
Mike's on point with the mass production...besides, I don't think the car companies are doing too well now anyway.

Take care,
Lisa

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
I'll wait till several generations of it are out and the bugs are worked out.

And a more reasonably priced unit is available.

The "T" handle usage is not ergonomical to me.

Greenie

Folks that don't make anything talking about how much something should cost....lol Mike is indeed on point, it cost more to lead the pack, it just does.

And that $2500 car was probably 5-10X that price New.....terrible analogy.

It's just a tool, and if said tool will reduce labor by say...30%, and you had a budget of $10,000 for a big job, it would damn near pay for it's self on one job.....why professional cleaners don't look at the basic numbers amazes me, maybe if they did they would be businessmen.

Back to building Greenhorns, dinner break is over.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom