da Zipper.

Mikey P

Administrator
Damn, no wonder those things are spendy.

look at that machining. :shock:

100000029-L.jpg

I'd like to try that Zippy Jr unit.

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
how much are they?

are they easy to use?

they sure do look like if you have enough vac they will leave the carpet very dry in comparison to alot of wands.

Erik

Supportive Member
Name
Erik
Give us about 3-4 weeks Mikey and we're surely get you one, we will work something out. I want your honest opinion, good or bad, I'm not scared. Feedback only helps!

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
i watched all the videos and it looks like an easy tool to use. i would like to try one also son you can pm me and i will get you my shipping address and i promise to give you my honest opinion. also how much does the wand weigh?

Erik

Supportive Member
Name
Erik
You give me your credit card number and your address and I will send you one tomorrow. If your happy with it, send it back within two weeks after it arrives and I will give you a full refund as long as it's not damaged. I understand a bit of glide wear. The Zipper weighs 36 lbs. If you do mostly residential cleaning, I would wait 4 weeks and buy a Zipper Jr and the same trial policy applies. Also, it does dry carpets faster than anything on the market, if used with a 4 blower or larger. The Zipper Jr. may be able to be used on a smaller machine because of the 13" head compared to the 15" Zipper and a smaller attic space.

Erik

Supportive Member
Name
Erik
I meant to say "if your not happy with it" send it back.

CleanEvo

I've got a bunch of commercial work comming up that they absolutely want done with the TM (was hoping to Cimex, but they get what they want). I was considering getting a RX-20 or RV 360, how does the Zipper compare to a rotary? How would it work with a Legend XL with a 4 blower?

Mikey P

Administrator
100000009.jpg

This guy called me tonight @ 12PM his time.

Just another freak from Michigan.

Nice guy but he talks to much and doesn't listen very well.

kinda like me.

I could use one of those. I have a RX-20 and hate using it. I thought it would speed up production, but it is way slower than wanding. The zipper wand looks like it would take a four hour job down to 3 hours, and would probably be better on your joints and lower back.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I agree it looks built well if not overbuilt.

Watched the video's but due to the carpet patterns it's hard to see how well it's cleaning.

Sure looks interesting!

Name
John LaBarbera
Mikey P said:
Mytee will have a rotomolded version out on Monday so hold out.

$799

Mikey you're such a punk. I heard it was "patented", are you trying to get me in trouble? I think you're thinking of the "evolution" wand. That,s the wand chimps like to use.

TimP

I watched some of the videos and I can say you need to ditch the pump up sprayer. At least go battery. Give it some more dwell time too especially when you are skipping a lot of scrubbing.

CleanEvo

John LaBarbera said:
[quote="Mikey P":38r0j2x2]Mytee will have a rotomolded version out on Monday so hold out.

$799

Mikey you're such a punk. I heard it was "patented", are you trying to get me in trouble? I think you're thinking of the "evolution" wand. That,s the wand chimps like to use.[/quote:38r0j2x2]

Hey, we don't use the C word around here anymore... we like Carpet Maintenance Engineer better. :shock: :shock: :shock:

Name
John LaBarbera
CleanEvolve said:
John LaBarbera said:
[quote="Mikey P":1wnlhc3k]Mytee will have a rotomolded version out on Monday so hold out.

$799

Mikey you're such a punk. I heard it was "patented", are you trying to get me in trouble? I think you're thinking of the "evolution" wand. That,s the wand chimps like to use.

Hey, we don't use the C word around here anymore... we like Carpet Maintenance Engineer better. :shock: :shock: :shock:[/quote:1wnlhc3k]

I'm sorry, I don't know what got in to me! I need to me more sensitive, at least that's what I am told.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
I think the zipper would be better with a straight fixed tube instead of that awkward T handle.

A fixed tube would take the strain off your back by being rigid.

Erik

Supportive Member
Name
Erik
CleanEvolve said:
I've got a bunch of commercial work comming up that they absolutely want done with the TM (was hoping to Cimex, but they get what they want). I was considering getting a RX-20 or RV 360, how does the Zipper compare to a rotary? How would it work with a Legend XL with a 4 blower?

It all depends on what you are cleaning. I think a rotary extractor is a great machine for very dirty areas that would need to be gone over 3-4 times with a wand. The Zipper won't actually clean better than a wand, but it cleans faster because your cleaning on both your forward and backward motion. Also, the carpet dries much faster because the airflow is never restricted and you can clean at higher pressure for better agitation, 600-800 p.s.i. The Zipper will work great with your machine as long as your hose runs are not over 200-250 feet. If you have any more questions, give me a call at (734) 675-8440. Thanks for your interest

I would definetely buy one if I could get a guarantee that it would not streak. I have two accounts that I do every two weeks that are literally killing my lower back and joints. My prochem 4 jet wand is useless on these jobs. I have to use the RX on the main areas and the wand on the other areas. I am cleaning it in two weeks and will take pictures. You will not believe how dirty the carpets will be in two weeks. The kitchen is so greasy you literally have to tip toe around. I am going to clean it as well this time, and hopefully the carpets will stay clean longer. I would be willing to try out the zipper on this carpet and post before and after pics. If there is no streaking, then I might buy two.

Mike Draper

danielc said:
I would definetely buy one if I could get a guarantee that it would not streak. I have two accounts that I do every two weeks that are literally killing my lower back and joints. My prochem 4 jet wand is useless on these jobs. I have to use the RX on the main areas and the wand on the other areas. I am cleaning it in two weeks and will take pictures. You will not believe how dirty the carpets will be in two weeks. The kitchen is so greasy you literally have to tip toe around. I am going to clean it as well this time, and hopefully the carpets will stay clean longer. I would be willing to try out the zipper on this carpet and post before and after pics. If there is no streaking, then I might buy two.

The glides are made by GreenGlides! I've been wanting one for years and will be purchasing one later this month. BTW, the flow is whatever you want, it has 6 jets with check valves so you could make it 6,12,18 flow if you want. I'll be running mine at 12 flow.

I would not be using the zipper on residential jobs and would want a higher flow. Heat is not an issue. I can hook into the hot water supply at 160 degrees and maintain 230 with a high flow with that hot water going to the machine. Like I said in the post before, "if the wand leaves streaks on certain jobs I do I would have no use for it." So if the guy selling them would let me use it with a 30 day guarantee I would buy one.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom