Cracked quick connect

aaronjumps

Name
Aaron Brown
While I am new to this industry I am no stranger to quick connects or HP systems. I have never seen a quick connect cracked, especially on two different sides.

For context, this is on a DriMaster upholstery tool, gen 1 or two if my research is right.

Is this a fairly common occurrence in older quick connects? The hide a hose feature has hidden the problem since the connection is hidden so no telling how long it has been this way, hell I only found it when I disassembled the head to tighten a solution value stem cover that leaking all over the place.

E5A16875-E1F8-4EA6-A26C-E36658A7E87D.jpeg

aaronjumps

Name
Aaron Brown
Why are you using check valve-lees quick connects?
Mostly because it is what the previous owner had when i bought the business. I ordered a new one based on the illistrated parts breakdown in the manual I found on the Hydramaster web site.

Will check valves fit inside the hide a hose foolishness without overly constraining the vacuum?

Reactions: Mikey P

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
While I am new to this industry I am no stranger to quick connects or HP systems. I have never seen a quick connect cracked, especially on two different sides.

For context, this is on a DriMaster upholstery tool, gen 1 or two if my research is right.

Is this a fairly common occurrence in older quick connects? The hide a hose feature has hidden the problem since the connection is hidden so no telling how long it has been this way, hell I only found it when I disassembled the head to tighten a solution value stem cover that leaking all over the place.

View attachment 115047
Could be old freeze damage.

Reactions: Hack Attack

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton

View attachment 115047

Let me ask a clarifying question:

Is this quick connect concealed behind the cleaning head and connected to a male quick connect of the same style right behind the tool?

If that's the case, it exists to create a swivel while you turn the tool, and you need it to be the open flow design so that you don't restrict the flow.

The crack was from tightening or freeze damage, but in either event, replace both the male and female and apply a little Super Lube to make sure it continues to turn freely. If those sieze up, it breaks the internal solution hose.

If instead those are the external quick connects being used throughout your system, you'd be better to use the ones with check valves to keep from having puddles of water everywhere you disconnect your lines, as mentioned above.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom