clean water rinse only guys..tell the truth

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
your chem pump doesn't work, huh?

How many of you with chem pumps gave up trying to get them to run right??

I know there are LOTS of youinz out there too.

..L.T.A.

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
My chemical pump works fine. I just like to flush the detergents out with high flow water. If you like to run detergents through your rinse water so much, you really should try encapping. It's faster and cheaper than steam cleaning and leaves a nice detergent residue also.

Rex Tyus

A quality rinse agent with CORRECT dilution be it emulsifier or AR flushes prespray better than tap water. Soft water is questionable and ro or di I have no idea. But if someone is a tapper they are kidding themselves. Not to mention they better be scrubbing their asses of on the prep work.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Art Kelley said:
My chemical pump works fine.

what are you using thru it, Art?
and if you're not using anything thru it, when's that last time you did, and how do you KNOW it's working now?

..L.T.A.

Greenie

I did Rex's test, Lisa and I always used to argue over this, Yes rinsing with tons of soft water just sounds good, that's what we did with the rotovac, but a well formulated emulsifier used in moderation will rinse a pre-spray faster and more thoroughly with less passes, and it's nice to have a little "cleaning" ability along the way. That said, Lisa still slept better with her "no chemicals" rinse theory. :)

Wish I had the Judson Neutral rinse back then, best of both worlds.

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Chem pumps work on all my Butlers and I use them! Wouldn't be without them (and I also use a water softner on board the van). I have the old style chem pump and the new-new style chem pump.

Mark Saiger

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
Excuse me...but WHY would anyone want a chem pump when they can jus as easily(prolly easier) have a chem draw...?

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
My chemical pump blew so I went for awhile with just a fresh rinse and it did not take me long to figure out I needed a new chem pump and to get back to using a rinse ..... I fixed it and will never do a fresh rinse again.... I can see a difference in using one and not using one......

Jay D

Name
Jay D
No, my chem draw does NOT work right now. I'll admit My rinse has been plain water off and on for 5 years. I am sure i am wrong but the funny thing is I have regular customers that keep calling me and telling me they are happy with my service. If I still feel I need a rinse I mix a little and put it in my water tank and I don't notice a huge difference when I am cleaning. I guess the carpets I clean are not as dirty in texas as they were in cailfornia. Happy customers are all that matters. :roll:

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Chem draw from my cat pump here too.

The pump sucks out of the mix jug.

NO more freakin diaphram chem pumps ever again!

Rex Tyus

There was an elderly retired couple rocking in their chairs on the porch.
Out of the blue the lady slaps the husbands face.
The husband said "what the hell was that for?"
The wife replied "for being such a lousy lay all these years"

Moments later the husband got an angry look on his face and slapped his wife clean out of her chair.
The lady said "What the hell was that for?"
The husband replied,...

"FOR KNOWING THE DAMN DIFFERENCE!" :evil:

When I read about happy customers of tappers I always think of this old joke for some reason :? .

TimP

I have to agree that you need a rinse aid of some sort. Clear water doesn't cut it. I've been using point blue emulsifier from bridgepoint. I've used it in my own home and have not noticed any resoiling at all and I've ran it about 2-3 times normal dilution when I first got my TM when I didn't know what I was doing. I don't have any soil problems from it what so ever. The only thing I don't like about it is that it foams some. There is no soap or anything to leave a sticky residue in most emulsifiers. It's ok to leave a residue that dries powdery.....it will vacuum up like dry soil. The surfactants or wetting agents make everything slip right off the carpet including pre conditioner is what you want. I've been thinking about trying some masterblend emulsifier after I use up the 40-50 lbs of point blue I have left.

I do like the judson rinse but it's not that potent, leaves a soft hand and dries well I'll give it that for sure however it's much more costly than a powdered emulsifier.

Loren Egland

Name
Loren Egland
I agree with Greenie and others here. Use a good rinse agent/carpet extraction detergent and you will clean better and remove the prespray easier if it is a compatible product. Use soft water too.

If you get all the prespray out, you don't need to worry about pH neutralizing, though that is much overhyped, IMO.

I recently have been using the pHiber Guard rinse by Steam Way. It encapsulates and leaves a little dye blocker behind. Also a soft hand. Near nuetral at 7.5.

I have never had a chemical pump. Always just a solution draw that works.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Tim. Tim. Tim.....
Don't say that!

What about all these forum lurkers that want you to use/buy a pre-spray + an emulsifier + an acid rinse? (And if it's Mikey- Vol 30 peroxide.)
What about their sales? :oops: :oops: :oops:

I totally agree.
I used to do all of that till I tried it at my own home many times and you are absolutely right.
Cleans great. Looks great. One third of the chemicals= healthier. Costs less. Less re soil.
Who would have THUNK? :idea: :idea: :!: :!:

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
Greenie said:
I did Rex's test, Lisa and I always used to argue over this, Yes rinsing with tons of soft water just sounds good, that's what we did with the rotovac, but a well formulated emulsifier used in moderation will rinse a pre-spray faster and more thoroughly with less passes, and it's nice to have a little "cleaning" ability along the way. That said, Lisa still slept better with her "no chemicals" rinse theory. :)

He is so full of shit....

Take care,
Lisa

Name
Nate W.
truckmount girl said:
Greenie said:

He is so full of shit....

Take care,
Lisa

Are his eyes brown?

Greenie

told ya she'll never let go of that clear water rinse stuff, I did mention that on a superflushing tool like the RV (Lisa's fav) the repetitive passes and tons of water makes the emulsifier optional with that much flushing.

Name
Nate W.
Greenie said:
told ya she'll never let go of that clear water rinse stuff, I did mention that on a superflushing tool like the RV (Lisa's fav) the repetitive passes and tons of water makes the emulsifier optional with that much flushing.

Ain't that the truth!

I bet Judson loves people who use the rotovac and rinse.. :)

TimP

I ran my RX earlier this week and even with it using so much freaking water it still didn't rinse out a room I did well enough. I had to encap it....did I mention that I had about 5 lbs of sand on the ground after I dumped..... :roll: There are times when you still need the emulsifier even with a rotary jet water consumption tool......actually I think half the water dont even make it to the carpet and is lost in steam.

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
chem pump works just fine so I can't join your exclusive club Larry :p

I use a rinse when the situation calls for it but 80% of the time I use soft water

the other day I was prespraying the commercial carpet with blitz and some with powerburst and rinsed it with watered down hydra dry

Drew and I are like Greenie and Lisa, he wigs out when I turn off the chem pump but most of the time the carpet looks fine when we are done, if it doesn't then I blame it on his prescrubbing not being done well enough and call him a hack:shock:

cleaned a home yesterday, she has a little hwe machine from walmart. I just went in and pile lifted the carpet and rinsed it. Look great, every spot came out with just hot soft water.

Would you have used a rinse in that situation?

I just ordered some Judsons from Greenie and he talked me into getting the rinse, dude is turning into a salesman

Name
Ron lippold
I have a softner on the truck and run the judson rinse at 2gph, I can tell when I run out of the rinse, with the rinse if feels smooother

Greenie

I sold the Rinse to Drew u hack.

brighter softer carpet is the #1 comment on the O2 rinse. at 2 gph it goes a long way.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I am still using Prolon from bridgpoint (I think I think bridgpoint) and will use Zone Perfect to prespray...or flex when needed.
I tried Judson and the end result was good but just didn't feel right to me. Don't ask.
The mistake I did was while testing the Judson rinse, I presprayed flex and something just wasn't working...only did that once.

There is something to be said about using the rinse and prespray from the same company that is supposed to be used together.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
Brian..i would be happy to explain how a draw works!
I believe the correct term might be the ventura effect..where as a stream of water passing through a point of hose that has an outlet...would PULL on that outlet to what ever degree you turned the inlet side down to.....lets say that you had a gate valve that turned down the inlet to yor pump a tad...this would in effect INCREASE the draw to you open line which would be metered by the flow meter.....you now have TWO points of calibration..the gate valve AND the FlowMeter! and don forget the footvalve in the chem jug to keep the water from flowing backwards...prolly put one together for under $35.00

now was that clear enough?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom